Turn on thread page Beta

Cameron is a liar, how can we afford war when we're broke? watch

ReputationRep:
    I suggest the leftist non-interventioanlists look at what happened in Rwanda and Srebrenica before condemning international action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Real-One)
    Either we're broke, or we're not broke.

If we're broke then how can we afford another pointless war in Libya the outcome of which is inevitably Iraq 2, another failed state?

If we're not broke, then why so much budget cuts in government?

And didn't Cameron say the British people will be consulted in case of another war? And that he learnt from the lessons of Tony Bliar?

What a liar Cameron is, a liar AND Conservative. Won't see me voting for this clown next election.
    we need oil to function Libya has oil, war in libya between libyans means no oil coming out, no was means more oil, britain helping win war means even more oil for britain,

oli = money

therefore war = money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humz7)
    what pisses me off the most was when he said on the tv that geddhafi (however you spell his name), is a liar, corrupt, etc. etc. yet when HE is the liar and HE is corrupt himself.
    ****ing rah ****stain. the prick needs to get shown his way out of 10 downing street.
    the level of hypocrisy he displays is abysmal. ****.

neg rep for the truth? **** off you posh *******s!

It's hardly the truth. It's ill informed drivel. You cannot seriously be comparing Cameron to Gadaffi. I hate Cameron as much as the next guy, but you just can't compare him to Gadaffi.

ReputationRep:
    Britain, France and America are fools. What are their primary foreign policy ambitions? The answer is the imposition of democracy. There is nothing honourable, moral or just in wasting money and lives trying to police the world! I have pity for the people of Libya and hatred for its leader, but military intervention is something which this country cannot afford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    I don't know why they can't just swoop-into his palace and arrest him. Get some ninja assassins to go in and take him out.
    They don't know where he is, do they?

Could be in South America or Zimbabwe.

Having said that he's probably living off benefits here...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usainlightning)
    I suggest the leftist non-interventioanlists look at what happened in Rwanda and Srebrenica before condemning international action.
    non-interventionists*

ReputationRep:
    Lookin forward to the next election...

ReputationRep:
    gadaffi's ugly anyway...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SkyNinja)
    They cant just walk in and take oil. They need Ghaddfi off first and hes there as an excuse for the UK and US to be there. No point arguing thats the truth...you think these countries care about "peace" thats all jus an illusion.. they wud kill people if it ment better for the economy.
    We already had oil contracts. Our oil comes from other places.

ReputationRep:
    Governments also have contingency funds they keep for things like this......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    "They got money for wars but can't feed the poor..."
    the labour has been feeding the poor for years and years, and they still didnt improve, and we're now on deficit partly because the Labour spends £200bn on benefits. I'm not a conservative, or a liberal supporter.
    They cant just walk in and take oil. They need Ghaddfi off first and hes there as an excuse for the UK and US to be there. No point arguing thats the truth...you think these countries care about "peace" thats all jus an illusion.. they wud kill people if it ment better for the economy.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-10751128

Gaddafi already made oil deals in 2007, well before this intervention. what are you talking about?

ReputationRep:
    Ok so basically your saying that the UK, US, france etc are firing missiles at all the military targets just so they could bring peace to Libya which has nothing to do with them? Can you explain why its the West getting involved and not the East, i mean the East can do this too right? just fire missiles at miliatry targets in Libya for peace.

Ok fine as you say were in Libya taking oil.
    How many countries does it need to overthrow one mad man? i dont understand the logic of helping the rebels..they should just directly attack and get it over and done with. Theyre weakning Libya's milatary forces just as they did in Iraq when trying to find their wepons of mass destruction...

The east is helping out. Qatar is sending jets and Egypt has been sending arms to the rebels. Compared to UK/US/France these eastern countries have very little in the way of firepower. Yes they have planes, ships and and army but our military is far more advanced. We have dedicated ships to lead and command in times of war, we are more powerful and have more experience.

Libya is a big country. Theres over 1000 miles of road between the rebel strongholds in the East to the ProGadaffi towns in the west. 1/2 Weeks ago the rebels were close to tripoli and had towns surrounding it occupied but Gadaffi fought back. His men pushed the rebels back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGC773)
    The east is helping out. Qatar is sending jets and Egypt has been sending arms to the rebels. Compared to UK/US/France these eastern countries have very little in the way of firepower. Yes they have planes, ships and and army but our military is far more advanced. We have dedicated ships to lead and command in times of war, we are more powerful and have more experience.

Libya is a big country. Theres over 1000 miles of road between the rebel strongholds in the East to the ProGadaffi towns in the west. 1/2 Weeks ago the rebels were close to tripoli and had towns surrounding it occupied but Gadaffi fought back. His men pushed the rebels back.
    Ok so basically yur saying that countries in the west are so strong yet how long have they been fighting a bunch of terrorists in afghanistan? You are incorrect.. the west are not more powerful or more experienced. The East cud have done the Job there was no reason for the West to get involved.. theyre asking for a war.

ReputationRep:
    I'll tell you what I struggle to understand of those who say this is just enforcing the resolution...

No fly zone = shooting down airborne enemy planes
    No fly zone =/= dropping bombs on aforementioned grounded planes.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so basically yur saying that countries in the west are so strong yet how long have they been fighting a bunch of terrorists in afghanistan? You are incorrect.. the west are not more powerful or more experienced. The East cud have done the Job there was no reason for the West to get involved.. theyre asking for a war.

Come on really?

Fighting terrorists is a lot different and harder than fighing a real army or nation. They use guerrilla tactics and are very hard to wipe out. Any type of war against that type of enemy will be long and drawn out.

Im not going to get into a ***** fight with you but the west is more powerful than North African/Middle Eastern countries. Both on experience, technology and power.

Compare the military stats of whats said the most powerful country in the middle east Saudi Arabia. Now look at the military strengh of the UK or US. We are much more suited to deploy a no fly zone and take out targets. We have higher military spending and can keep forces in the area. We would do the job a lot better and more efficiently.

But that isnt the point, we are there to defend the libyan people who want to have a democratic society. The rebel stronghold has already been shelled by Gadaffi, innocent lives were being lost. Its our duty as fellow human beings to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    I'll tell you what I struggle to understand of those who say this is just enforcing the resolution...

No fly zone = shooting down airborne enemy planes
    No fly zone =/= dropping bombs on aforementioned grounded planes.
    The UN said its legal to impose a no-fly zone over Libya and authorized "all necessary measures," excluding troops on the ground, to protect civilians under threat of attack in the country.

They said yes to the no fly zone and yes to any other measure to defend the Libyan people. If that means bombing air bases, planes, tanks, artillery owned and operated by Gadaffis forces then so be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGC773)
    Come on really?

Fighting terrorists is a lot different and harder than fighing a real army or nation. They use guerrilla tactics and are very hard to wipe out. Any type of war against that type of enemy will be long and drawn out.

Im not going to get into a ***** fight with you but the west is more powerful than North African/Middle Eastern countries. Both on experience, technology and power.

Compare the military stats of whats said the most powerful country in the middle east Saudi Arabia. Now look at the military strengh of the UK or US. We are much more suited to deploy a no fly zone and take out targets. We have higher military spending and can keep forces in the area. We would do the job a lot better and more efficiently.

But that isnt the point, we are there to defend the libyan people who want to have a democratic society. The rebel stronghold has already been shelled by Gadaffi, innocent lives were being lost. Its our duty as fellow human beings to help.
    lool ***** fight haha its called debate ...
    Ok they use guerilla tactics.. and??? they all shudve been wiped out by now even if they used tactics..unless the UK/US army r extremley stupid and r being toyed around (or another reason) there is no reason for troops to be in afghanistan.

I said the East not the middle East/northern Africa.. that includes China.. Russia etc.. but they chose not to interfere. In the number of troops the west wouldnt stand a chance against the east. That is Fact.. even pakistan could put up one hell of a fight against USA/UK.. that is also fact which is why they havnt entered pakistan yet, the terroists are blowing/shooting people up like everyday why hvnt the western troops gone there to protect them?.
    Did Libya ask you these countries to get involved? i dont think so (correct me if im wrong) they cud have sorted this out among themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    I don't know why they can't just swoop-into his palace and arrest him. Get some ninja assassins to go in and take him out.
    This. why can't they simply assassinate him? Whats the need of bringing the whole frikkin army when the mission is to get rid of Qaddafi????!!

Maaaadddd :bebored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    We already had oil contracts. Our oil comes from other places.
    Nearly a third of Libya's oil goes to Italy anyway - do you see them playing a major part in this conflict?

Spain 9%
    China 10%
    Germany 14%

Yet neither of those are playing a major role in this conflict also.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rzc)
    Nearly a third of Libya's oil goes to Italy anyway - do you see them playing a major part in this conflict?

Spain 9%
    China 10%
    Germany 14%

Yet neither of those are playing a major role in this conflict also.
    Italy is providing bases as well as that there jets are about to take part.

Spain to is sending jets.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.