ReputationRep:
    What's your opinion?

Examples:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...:0&tx=24&ty=89

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...:0&tx=68&ty=87

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...:0&tx=35&ty=94

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...1t:429,r:0,s:0

ReputationRep:
    Looks like someone can't be bothered to get their roots done in all honesty. Do not want.

ReputationRep:
    I agree ^

I even saw a girl who's blonde roots were coming through the dark top layer. even worse!

ReputationRep:
    Rachel Bilson looks amazing with it, I want mine like hers when it was more caramel as it looks best.

I want ombre hair so bad

ReputationRep:
    I think ombre hair is good if you just want a small change to your hair but dont want to dye your full head. I think you should just try it and see

I'm also thinking of dying mine too, but my hair is already dyed (its a dark brown and i have a naturally darker brown so its not much different to my natural hair colour.) Does anyone know if my hair will turn orange if i bleached it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cremeallure38)
    I think ombre hair is good if you just want a small change to your hair but dont want to dye your full head. I think you should just try it and see

I'm also thinking of dying mine too, but my hair is already dyed (its a dark brown and i have a naturally darker brown so its not much different to my natural hair colour.) Does anyone know if my hair will turn orange if i bleached it?
    Yes, probably. It depends how thick the brown dye is on your hair. If you've redyed it several times to get rid of roots, there will be a more intense brown colour on your ends, so your ends will probably not lift as much as the rest of your hair.

Although, it depends on other things as well. Have you ever dyed it a red colour or did the brown have warm golden tones in it? If so, it's more likely to go orange when you bleach it. Getting hair light after you've dyed it is definitely a process that you have to stick at!

This doesn't mean I'm not recommending it though... I've recently just got to a nice medium blonde shade after having dyed dark brown hair

Go to a salon though! I can't recommend this enough! Yes it costs more, but you're in trained, experienced hands. They also put highlights around your naturally lighter areas to make it look as natural as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Just another typical fad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsCrackFox)
    Just another typical fad.
    True, but that doesn't necessarily equate to whether it looks nice or not

I agree that in some cases it looks quite dirty, so let me try to sway you with another example

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...t:429,r:33,s:0

In comparison, block-coloured hair seems boring to me now

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be good as you could get away with having roots for a bit longer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim1234567)
    Yes, probably. It depends how thick the brown dye is on your hair. If you've redyed it several times to get rid of roots, there will be a more intense brown colour on your ends, so your ends will probably not lift as much as the rest of your hair.

Although, it depends on other things as well. Have you ever dyed it a red colour or did the brown have warm golden tones in it? If so, it's more likely to go orange when you bleach it. Getting hair light after you've dyed it is definitely a process that you have to stick at!

This doesn't mean I'm not recommending it though... I've recently just got to a nice medium blonde shade after having dyed dark brown hair

Go to a salon though! I can't recommend this enough! Yes it costs more, but you're in trained, experienced hands. They also put highlights around your naturally lighter areas to make it look as natural as possible.
    Thanks for replying No, I've never dyed my hair red. Right now its just a dark chocolate brown and like i said its not very different from my natural colour
    I was thinking of maybe doing a strand test first to see what colour comes out before i dye the rest? Do you think it's worth the try?
    Also, yeah id love to get it done in a salon. But like you said its expensive and i dont plan on keeping the hair for that long - maybe a few months and then i'll chop the ends off! Also do you have ombre hair now? x

ReputationRep:
    it can look good but only if its done properly if not it just lood like your growing out blonde dye

ReputationRep:
    Nice one... I've been looking for the name of this for ages. I like it.

ReputationRep:
    Nice if brown hair changes into subtle blonde but it looks bizzare on black hair...the ends just look ginger! I'd probably do it if I had dark hair, unfortunately I am already blonde...maybe I'll dye the ends brown...start a new trend :/ ha!

ReputationRep:
    i think its great as long as it doesn't just look like you are growing hair dye out
    wish i could do it to my hair!

ReputationRep:
    YAY! I'm getting this done soon as i get enough money

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying No, I've never dyed my hair red. Right now its just a dark chocolate brown and like i said its not very different from my natural colour
    I was thinking of maybe doing a strand test first to see what colour comes out before i dye the rest? Do you think it's worth the try?
    Also, yeah id love to get it done in a salon. But like you said its expensive and i dont plan on keeping the hair for that long - maybe a few months and then i'll chop the ends off! Also do you have ombre hair now? x
    Well from the sounds of it your hair has the best chance when it comes to bleaching. Yeah a strand test would probably work! But make sure you look at it in both natural and artificial light. I had what I thought was blonde hair once, but when I saw a photo of myself in the sunshine I realised it was ginger!

No, I don't have ombre hair atm, but I'm wanting to try it - I like the look of it My hair is actually the opposite at the moment, as you can see from my photo... lighter on the top and darker at the bottom! Haha... but I'm the type that gets bored of my hair colour the week after I dye it, I'm never satisfied! My poor hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barefootfiona)
    YAY! I'm getting this done soon as i get enough money
    Aw you're making me want to! Upload the results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Nice if brown hair changes into subtle blonde but it looks bizzare on black hair...the ends just look ginger! I'd probably do it if I had dark hair, unfortunately I am already blonde...maybe I'll dye the ends brown...start a new trend :/ ha!
    Haha I'm blonde too! But I'm thinking that that might have a nice effect, because it'll be subtle and not too in-your-face!

Just want to clarify, I mean that blonde on blonde will be subtle, not dark ends! Which I think would look like gray hairs coming through, if this is anything to go by!

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...&tx=117&ty=102

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim1234567)
    Well from the sounds of it your hair has the best chance when it comes to bleaching. Yeah a strand test would probably work! But make sure you look at it in both natural and artificial light. I had what I thought was blonde hair once, but when I saw a photo of myself in the sunshine I realised it was ginger!

No, I don't have ombre hair atm, but I'm wanting to try it - I like the look of it My hair is actually the opposite at the moment, as you can see from my photo... lighter on the top and darker at the bottom! Haha... but I'm the type that gets bored of my hair colour the week after I dye it, I'm never satisfied! My poor hair
    Aww i just saw your picture and you hair looks lovely ! I think what you have now really suits you but I always get bored with my hair too and want a change haha.

So you think my hair would survive and not turn orange then!? haha im very useless when it comes to experimenting with new hair. I used to go the the hairdressers but cant afford it now :/ But yeah thanks for the tip, I'll definitely make sure the strand test is 100% accurate before dying the rest xx

ReputationRep:
    Aww i just saw your picture and you hair looks lovely ! I think what you have now really suits you but I always get bored with my hair too and want a change haha.

So you think my hair would survive and not turn orange then!? haha im very useless when it comes to experimenting with new hair. I used to go the the hairdressers but cant afford it now :/ But yeah thanks for the tip, I'll definitely make sure the strand test is 100% accurate before dying the rest xx
    Aw thanks!

Well good luck with it, I'm not gonna say it won't turn orange because you never know :\ so don't take my word for it! Salons are so so so SO expensive but you could go in and just ask for their opinion? It's probably your best bet!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.