Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim1234567)
    Aw thanks!

Well good luck with it, I'm not gonna say it won't turn orange because you never know :\ so don't take my word for it! Salons are so so so SO expensive but you could go in and just ask for their opinion? It's probably your best bet!
    No probs If i had hair like yours now i wouldnt change it I like the lighter brown you have on the ends
    Yeah i was thinking of just asking for advice at the salon too.. but have a feeling they'd tell me not to do it myself just so i'd go and pay to get it done there instead !

I'll probably try the strand test anyway and just hope it doesnt turn orange
    Hope you decide what you want to do with your hair thanks for your help! xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim1234567)
    Aw you're making me want to! Upload the results?
    Sure thing! Any idea how much it normally costs? I literally haven't been to a hair dresser for years (I'm not very high maintenance :P) and i have no idea of the costs. I'm planning on going to Toni & Guy. It'll be a bit more pricey but should last for a while, and hey, no touch ups!

I'm hoping it'll be sort oo tops £50 to £80...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barefootfiona)
    Sure thing! Any idea how much it normally costs? I literally haven't been to a hair dresser for years (I'm not very high maintenance :P) and i have no idea of the costs. I'm planning on going to Toni & Guy. It'll be a bit more pricey but should last for a while, and hey, no touch ups!

I'm hoping it'll be sort oo tops £50 to £80...
    Well my quote for getting it done at Bleach in London was £80-£100 depending on if I wanted spray colour on the ends. So I imagine that would cover it, considering Bleach is quite 'high end'.

ReputationRep:
    No no no. Doesnt look fresh and healthy at all in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    wait... this is intentional? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Wish I could see colours on my screen. Sounds well naff, would like to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    wait... this is intentional? :lolwut:

Yes! :p:

I think it's like marmite.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure about it...it does look nice when it's all clean and swishy but when it's a bit greasy and I'm in a rush for lectures I used to look a bit of a mess.

I didn't have it dyed that way - I used to be very blonde, but gradually got it caramelly and then ended up having 2 brown, 1 blonde foil so when it grew out it blended really well, as the ends were obviously really blonde.

I got bored waiting for it to grow out when I had 5 inches or so left and dyed it dark brown.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.