Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, this might have been answered somewhere, but I couldnt find it and im abit in a rush for the answer so think it might be better to create a new thread.

My flatmate is working in Pwc Assurance and shes an associate :-O, and she's got in through the graduate program, and looks like its the same for EY as well. So does that mean big 4 grads start with the Associate level. This is kinda weird cuz I'm working in an IB and it starts with Analyst title and oh gosh to get to the Associate level its gonna be a long long way (3 years to be eligible for promotion, across all divisions).

My bf is apply for big 4 now (EY) and the question is "What level is the role you are applying for?", he's apply for their grad scheme, and there are quite a few options, he just not so sure whether to tick GRADUATE or ASSOCIATE/ENTRY LEVEL. I would say graduate, but clearly he is applying for the entry level and looks like he should choose ASSOCIATE/ENTRY LEVEL.

Just hope i can get some help/clarification here on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    IB =/= Accounting, the job titles aren't really transferable in real terms anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Job titles don't mean anything.

In corporate tax I was a tax assistant, IES I was a consultant (the next level up from assistant when you're in Corporate tax) and now in TP I'm an analyst. My grade and responsibilities didn't change. They're just titles. The grade is what matters.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys for responding.

So can anyone please confirm that the entry level (grad program) for big 4 Audit division starts with being an Associate?

ReputationRep:
    I'm an associate, hopefully in 6 months or so I will be a senior associate and then its assistant manager after etc

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.