Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Myspace is so 2006, MSN messenger is so 2004, who agrees? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is it me, or are Myspace and MSN messenger outdated an a thing of the past now? People seem to prefer Skype and/or Facebook, Twitter etc these days.

Myspace is so 2006, MSN messenger is so 2004 or older. I can remember when everyone used to be obsessed with Myspace, but it seems to be going out of fashion now, like an old pop band who are no longer the 'in thing'.

ReputationRep:
    Its called advancement.
    Things Change, Just like you wouldn't catch me sending a fax to my girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raving_Hippy)
    Is it me, or are Myspace and MSN messenger outdated an a thing of the past now? People seem to prefer Skype and/or Facebook, Twitter etc these days.

Myspace is so 2006, MSN messenger is so 2004 or older. I can remember when everyone used to be obsessed with Myspace, but it seems to be going out of fashion now, like an old pop band who are no longer the 'in thing'.
    Myspace is for depressed teens (who think its cool). I still use msn, however i do try skype now and then (to no avail as no one in my contact list :p: ) and regards to twitter I don't have any idea with taht (just a short hand version of facebook imo

ReputationRep:
    Meh i still use msn to talk to people online instead of facebook

ReputationRep:
    I realised myspace was out few years ago, just as i had finished my brand new sparkling made profile on it ¬_¬ waist of time.

Do still 'use' msn, by that i just sign on and talk to a few friends who still refuseto get skype for whatever reason

(Original post by Cheesegrater)
    Its called advancement.
    Things Change, Just like you wouldn't catch me sending a fax to my girlfriend.
    Actually, no, it's not called advancement.
    Skype and facebook are not exactly great 'advances' over myspace and msn, they have just become more popular (msn is still more popular though, probably) due to simplicity, word of mouth, advertisement etc

ReputationRep:
    *Insert comment about how things have changed blah blah blah*

ReputationRep:
    who cares

i still use msn even though i have skype and facebook and whatever. i deleted myspace because i never liked it rather than cos it went out of fashion/people stopped using it

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raving_Hippy)

I still use MSN, it's better than facebook chat (also because I don't have facebook anymore ) but not as many people use it unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. I don't really know anyone who uses them anymore. I find it weird that I used to use them a lot a few years ago and don't even touch them now.

ReputationRep:
    Was never into MySpace, and I haven't used MSN for probably about five years. I usually just text and use Facebook.

ReputationRep:
    I still use MSN Messenger because it's the best tool for instant messaging. I have a vitriolic hatred for Facebook, and the chat on there is horrifically bad, so naturally, I'll stick with what works.

Nobody likes change.

Everyone I know in my group of friends stopped using MSN during college and MySpace about the same time. It's all Facebook, Twitter and actual talking these days.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer using MSN to chat...
    Having said that, i have way more contacts on fb, but the chat is so ****! I have no idea, but it may be somehting to do with internet conncection possibly? Either way, it's such a nuisance when it messes up, be that at my end, or the other persons end...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Thumbs up if you think Youtube is sooo 2010 :borat:
    I hear blinkx is the up and comer

ReputationRep:
    Do people still even use Myspace?! I haven't logged on since 2007 :/

ReputationRep:
    Nah I still use MSN for some of my friends - Facebook chat is dreadful.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody remember Xanga?

ReputationRep:
    I use Msn mostly/
    Facebook is for short convos.
    Skype is only for videocalls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogatonic)
    Does anybody remember Xanga?
    never had that. what is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limoncello)
    never had that. what is it?
    A dreadful blogging platform popular circa 2005, if I remember correctly.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.