Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, me and a group of friends are doing this years Student Break Away, if you dont know about it check it out.

Anyway we need to insure my friend (21) on our car alongside myself (22) for 10 days in Europe (we are checking out Outlook festival afterwards )

So... where should we look for this, how much are we looking at, I'm totally lost

ReputationRep:
    We're doing the SBA aswell, no idea on insurance, might start looking now, i'll keep you posted on my finds

Doesn't your insurance company offer European cover? I have no idea what the prices are like/whos the cheapest, but I would think most of the big names offer some kind of cover.

ReputationRep:
    Your current insurance will almost certainly already cover you and anyone on your policy for Third Party in Europe. They should then quote you for fully comp if you ring up and ask.

ReputationRep:
    Admiral allows 90 days EU cover in my policy. I wouldn't be surprised if your insurer did something similar.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Endsleigh and apparently i'm already covered, and am adding a friend for £13

ReputationRep:
    DONE and DONE! - winning!

ReputationRep:
    good to see you guys are doing this years Student BrakeAway, if you have any questions could you message us personally because all the talk on TSR seems to have upset a few people and they think its all coming from us, thanks

ReputationRep:
    am also insuring myself for this, do you think I should also get travel insurance or will my own car insurance cover accidents inside the car etc? and just hope for the best out at night

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.