Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TheFatMan needs to lose his fat. NOW! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Day 2

Hello my little lemon drops

As promised, I am updating you on my progress. I understand this post might be go unread, but to be honest, its just for me to keep progress.

Day 2 hasn't been that great. After the success of day 1, I expected my life to change immediately. It hasn't. I havent exercised yet today, but I haven't eaten any crap either. Will try to get some weights in later before bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloodbath)
    Maybe writing in an equally grotesque colour will help me get in touch with my feminine side, as I'm assuming that anyone who has such poor colour coordination must indeed be female
    Joking aside (and because black is the colour of death),although tricep kickbacks may be commonly seen being performed by misguided females, they are really quite pointless unless you are an advanced body-builder.

Most people have overdeveloped front delts, whether it be from hunching over at the computer or bench pressing, so doing more front delt work than back is really going to do nothing but cripple the poor guy (and I do believe that a noob, although on a calorie deficit, he will still make some muscle and strength gains be them not as good as someone on a caloric excess )

He needs to do stuff that will overload his CNS, like squats, deads, military presses, pullups, ring dips, rows ect. And it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to increase mobility/flexibility ect
    What is CNS? Central nervous system?

I did a few squats yesterday, I will do more today. How many should I do?

How do I increase my flexibility? Should I do lots of stretching?

Whats a military press?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)

Firstly, why "Just LOL"? Dips and pushups get boring, so it's nice to be able to mix them up.

Secondly, no he won't. You know why? Because he's trying to lose weight. If he's eating less than he's using then he won't be putting on any muscle at all. Also because it's a frankly stupid comment and untrue, but mainly because basic physiology will stop him from putting on muscle at the same time as losing flab.
    I can't gain muscle and lose fat at the same time? I see, so will lifting weights make me lose all the fat first and then build muscle?

Day 3 will be better :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Of course you can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time...Duh...Just do fitness with cardio.Make sure to consume enough calories to gain muscle mass and little enough to not gain any side amount of fat.Make sure you ingest enough protein which is about 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight or smth like that maybe a little less.Just lift weights and do cardio and you're fine.The results however will be slower,for example if you go for pure weight loss you will lose weight faster than with that program but at the end you will have normal looking body not stick-guy.

ReputationRep:
    I just checked out the NHS bmi calculator and I lol'd when I realised my BMI (27.56) is more than the OP. You really can't be that fat, otherwise I am gunna have to change my name

Military press is just a standing shoulder press. Can be done with either dumbbells or a barbell

I also trying to increase my flexibility. My hip flex-ors are like steel cables.
    There are really two ways of doing it. Myofacial release (foam rolling) and stretching. Myofacial release has the benefit of increasing the quality of your tissue (i.e breaking down scar tissue). Its best to use something really hard to do this, a plastic pipe is better than a foam roller and a cricket ball better than a tennis ball

ReputationRep:
    I just checked out the NHS bmi calculator and I lol'd when I realised my BMI (27.56) is more than the OP. You really can't be that fat, otherwise I am gunna have to change my name

Military press is just a standing shoulder press. Can be done with either dumbbells or a barbell

I also trying to increase my flexibility. My hip flex-ors are like steel cables.
    There are really two ways of doing it. Myofacial release (foam rolling) and stretching. Myofacial release has the benefit of increasing the quality of your tissue (i.e breaking down scar tissue). Its best to use something really hard to do this, a plastic pipe is better than a foam roller and a cricket ball better than a tennis ball
    lol

How tall are you? You are probably taller than me (5'10) as I am definitely fat/very chubby. I have quite a belly at the moment, my moobs are long gone though And my thighs are flabby so I have a fat arse as well

Ahh, I will try military presses, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeAndTheFatMan)
    lol

How tall are you? You are probably taller than me (5'10) as I am definitely fat/very chubby. I have quite a belly at the moment, my moobs are long gone though And my thighs are flabby so I have a fat arse as well

Ahh, I will try military presses, thanks.
    I am around 6'3/6'4. You wouldn't believe how many pairs of trousers I've split down the crutch!!! I need to loose about 15kg of pure fat to look ripped, but I'll combat the fat in the summer after exams and hopefully I will be able to resist the junk my parents buy. The weird thing is I can actually feel my abdominal muscles through the fat on my left side but not on my right (I've neglected ab work though)

BTW the dumbbells aren't going to cut it. If you can't find a cheap gym near u and you have room, get an Olympic barbell and squat rack and two Olympic dumbbell bars and some gym rings (if u have somewhere to hand them from) and maybe some elastic bands to provide assistance with bodyweight exercises (eg pull-ups).

I personally only have access to the gym at uni but have an olympic barbell and some gym rings in my parents garage (which is actually a death trap with all the junk in it), and I am trying to lean how to dead-lift/squat properly

ReputationRep:
    Of course I'm not happy! Look at me, I'm a big fat slob. I've got bigger titties than you do. I've got more chins than a Chinese phonebook. I've not seen my willie in two years, which is long enough to declare it legally dead.
    Fat *******

Hello there,

I've been fat for a few years now. Not obese, just a bit overweight. I can still see my willy, by the way. Anyway, I figured I would probably be a lot sexier if I lost all my chub. So I decided to make a change. No more cream cakes and jam doughnuts and hot dogs and chips and pizza and fizzy drinks and chocolate and ice cream and pie and all those other delicious foods which will clog my arteries and leave me lying dead in a pool of my own filth by the time I am 30. I'm gonna become sexy once again :sexface:

I took the first step today. I brought some dumbbells. Now I am sitting here staring at them in fear. I need help, I have no idea what I am doing. Thats where you lot come in. I will post here regularly, updating you with my progress. I may even throw in a few pics every now and then :sexface:. All you other fatties can feel free to join me!

I will lose it all over the next six months- that is my goal. Who is with me?

TheFatMan
    Can I just ask which jean size you wear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amit92)
    Can I just ask which jean size you wear?
    Last time I checked I was a size 38/39 inch waist, I think. Yes, I know, I'm really fat

ReputationRep:
    I am around 6'3/6'4. You wouldn't believe how many pairs of trousers I've split down the crutch!!! I need to loose about 15kg of pure fat to look ripped, but I'll combat the fat in the summer after exams and hopefully I will be able to resist the junk my parents buy. The weird thing is I can actually feel my abdominal muscles through the fat on my left side but not on my right (I've neglected ab work though)

BTW the dumbbells aren't going to cut it. If you can't find a cheap gym near u and you have room, get an Olympic barbell and squat rack and two Olympic dumbbell bars and some gym rings (if u have somewhere to hand them from) and maybe some elastic bands to provide assistance with bodyweight exercises (eg pull-ups).

I personally only have access to the gym at uni but have an olympic barbell and some gym rings in my parents garage (which is actually a death trap with all the junk in it), and I am trying to lean how to dead-lift/squat properly
    That explains why we have the same bmi, you are taller than me :P

I know all about splitting trousers

I will probably join a gym when I feel a bit more confident. Maybe after exams, the next few weeks will probably be constant revision with hardly any excercise, but hopefully if I cut down on all the crap and start eating a bit healthier I will lose some weight.

ReputationRep:
    I have to eat, or I will die. I don't eat much anyway, its just that the stuff I do eat is crap.
    Not for a while.

But don't follow that guys advice, you don't want to end up getting so hungry that you'll binge and put double the weight back on.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I checked I was a size 38/39 inch waist, I think. Yes, I know, I'm really fat
    Try the Kelloggs Special K diet, drop a jean size in 2weeks

ReputationRep:
    Your diet is as important as your exercise routine at the moment, post what you've eaten each day, it'll motivate you to cut out the snacks (cos if you do eat 'em we'll give you **** for it on here! )

ReputationRep:
    Marry me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amit92)
    Try the Kelloggs Special K diet, drop a jean size in 2weeks
    I will give it a try. Does it just involve eating kelloggs special k? Sounds easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    Marry me.
    But I am overweight? Will that be a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainthegreat)
    Your diet is as important as your exercise routine at the moment, post what you've eaten each day, it'll motivate you to cut out the snacks (cos if you do eat 'em we'll give you **** for it on here! )
    OK.

Today has been bad. I missed breakfast because I woke up late. So the first thing I ate was a couple of chocolate croissants from sainsburys. I've also had half a cheese sandwich.

ReputationRep:
    OK.

Today has been bad. I missed breakfast because I woke up late. So the first thing I ate was a couple of chocolate croissants from sainsburys. I've also had half a cheese sandwich.

Tut, tut, tut. :mad:

Main advice would be to cut out sugar from your diet, you'll lose plenty of weight by doing this.

Try and eat low GI throughout the day with good fats, and only High GI after exercise (cut the fat out with this meal) and eat plenty of protein with every meal.

ReputationRep:
    The Special K website says I can lose 3st 6lb by 5th september... like thats going to ****ing happen!!!! Not very realistic in my opinion, however if I did lose that much weight my bmi would be 20.53, putting me in the healthy weight category. I want to be a healthy weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainthegreat)
    Tut, tut, tut. :mad:

Main advice would be to cut out sugar from your diet, you'll lose plenty of weight by doing this.

Try and eat low GI throughout the day with good fats, and only High GI after exercise (cut the fat out with this meal) and eat plenty of protein with every meal.
    OK, no more sugar. I will try my best

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.