Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TheFatMan needs to lose his fat. NOW! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeAndTheFatMan)
    God I am failing so badly at this

But I just read an article on a woman who lost 2 stone in 3 weeks. That has motivated me a bit. Its possible!!!

I'm trying guys. I just need to become motivated
    Also aiming to lose a little bit of winter weight myself, and just so you know, its recommended not to lose anymore than 2 lbs a week max, 8lbs a month basically So you're looking at losing a stone per 2 months, or a month and a half max. Anymore and the method you use to lose it all will affect your health negatively, either part starvation or insufficient carb, protein etc intake for the amount of work being done and muscle use.

Keep yourself motivated, it gets easier and easier (at least for me) The more results you see the better you feel about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeAndTheFatMan)
    God I am failing so badly at this

But I just read an article on a woman who lost 2 stone in 3 weeks. That has motivated me a bit. Its possible!!!

I'm trying guys. I just need to become motivated
    Try and think about everything you're putting into your mouth. Crisps/chocolate should become the exception to the rule not the rule itself

ReputationRep:
    hey
    I've always struggled with my weight even though I was never obese and it got to the point when I exercised obcessively and stopped eating which is a place you want to avoid!
    As a rower the only thing I can really recommend is constant exercise. You can eat what you want if you train 10 times a week! Obviously this isnt for everyone but get on the rowing machine for 2x30 mins, not pulling or pushing really hard (aim for about a 2.10 on the screen) and youll burn literally HUNDREDS of calories. Do that a couple of times a week along side other cardio like running and cycling and the weight will drop off. Supplementing cardio with strength training like weights will help you get strong and muscular too (trust me, my boyf is a rower and an avid weights user and he's stacked).
    Youre young though so the weight should come off easily. I've lost weight through rowing, I've seen the ladds in my club shed the weight too simply by training often and using the rowing machine. If you use it properly you burn calories easily.
    Do eat though but just focus on the main food groups, carbs and protein are a must for energy and effective muscular recovery. Drink loads of water, itll keep you feeling full, itll stop you craving and itll help your muscles perform better when you do exercise. Obviously you need fruit and veg. Porrige is such a good one too and gives you the energy you need to work out properly.
    It's obvious really, eat properly (not necessarily less) and exercise often and youll tone up and burn fat whilst maintaining your energy and interest in your healthy eating lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charli_dc1990)
    hey
    I've always struggled with my weight even though I was never obese and it got to the point when I exercised obcessively and stopped eating which is a place you want to avoid!
    As a rower the only thing I can really recommend is constant exercise. You can eat what you want if you train 10 times a week! Obviously this isnt for everyone but get on the rowing machine for 2x30 mins, not pulling or pushing really hard (aim for about a 2.10 on the screen) and youll burn literally HUNDREDS of calories. Do that a couple of times a week along side other cardio like running and cycling and the weight will drop off. Supplementing cardio with strength training like weights will help you get strong and muscular too (trust me, my boyf is a rower and an avid weights user and he's stacked).
    Youre young though so the weight should come off easily. I've lost weight through rowing, I've seen the ladds in my club shed the weight too simply by training often and using the rowing machine. If you use it properly you burn calories easily.
    Do eat though but just focus on the main food groups, carbs and protein are a must for energy and effective muscular recovery. Drink loads of water, itll keep you feeling full, itll stop you craving and itll help your muscles perform better when you do exercise. Obviously you need fruit and veg. Porrige is such a good one too and gives you the energy you need to work out properly.
    It's obvious really, eat properly (not necessarily less) and exercise often and youll tone up and burn fat whilst maintaining your energy and interest in your healthy eating lifestyle.
    Funnily enough, I have a rowing machine at home. I've never used it. Perhaps its time I started

Thanks for the help everyone. I will start posting on this thread regularly, as it is the only thing motivating me atm

ReputationRep:
    haha i would! build up your time on it though. i did an hour yesterday and despite regular training on the rowing machine I hadnt been on it for a couple of weeks and it made my back kaine!
    good luck though =]

ReputationRep:
    Its a new month! And this seems like the perfect time for a fresh start.

Part of my motivation for losing weight is that I want to look my best for when I start university. I'm tired of being known as the fat guy

How is everyone else finding it?

ReputationRep:
    LOSE FAT NOT WEIGHT nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    I was 46 inches before now im 36 I still feel fat. no more gym till after exams though

ReputationRep:
    Hey I am like you, you need to check this out it is what I am sticking to. My cardio workout is rowing instead though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontlovecricket)
    Goddamn. Where are the progress pictures?! Hmmmmmm!
    LOL this was time ago fam, I am better now sorta. I will be done by september lool

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.