Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garlicbreadman)
    I know for a fact that I would be sitting with an unconditional offer from Edinburgh if my UKCAT was higher
    I feel the same. I know for a fact I would have gotten 4 interviews and at least one of them would be an offer. That damn ukcat test.

ReputationRep:
    So... How old ?

ReputationRep:
    I have two support worker interviews next week. Does anyone know what type of questions they normally ask. Also, is being a support worker just as good as being a HCA.

This is what the role of a support worker involves:-

Support Workers are specially appointed to provide physical, practical, personal, emotional and domestic support to individuals in an independent living situation. Care and support is generally provided on a one-to-one basis with a service user in their own home however there is also a need to support individuals in day centres, work placements, at college and in social activities.

Does anyone know what type of questions I might get asked in the interviews. My two interviews are on the same day, for different organizations.

I would really appreciate any help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    what do you do then? All i do is change diapers and feed and wash them in the morning. Seeing so many old wrinkly bodies naked was slightly traumatic but i was over it after a week...till one of them made sexual noises while i was cleaning her and tried to persuade me for sex :afraid:
    Been there before, it's good to flirt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baztech)
    Been there before, it's good to flirt.
    it is. It's when 1 of them is serious about sex that it gets creepy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    JOB INTERVIEW AT A PHARMACY!!!! yayayayyaya

....at asda hehehe.

God I hope my luck with interviews improves

Do you's reckon a dispensing technician job would be okay of I can't get HCA? As much as I'd love to get asked for sex by an oap lmao, bless you Dmz
    Good luck, during my first year at University I was a saturday boy at Lloyds Pharmacy which looked really good in my PS I think.

Act keen in your interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    it is. It's when 1 of them is serious about sex that it gets creepy
    :sexface: <---- the answer to everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuredoc77)
    ....... :gah: :teeth: :nutcase:
    i know...let's reveal dmz's identity , pretty cool huh? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    i know...let's reveal dmz's identity , pretty cool huh? lol
    Who said what about identity :ninja2:

:shh:

ReputationRep:
    Who said what about identity :ninja2:

:shh:
    :facepalm: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    :facepalm: :lol:
    Get rid of the evidence shall we? Or too late :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Get rid of the evidence shall we? Or too late :teehee:
    fine tho i'm not that hard to track, lol thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    fine tho i'm not that hard to track, lol thanks
    Done :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Done :holmes:
    hahaha i like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    hahaha i like
    Of course you do :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestar101)
    I have two support worker interviews next week. Does anyone know what type of questions they normally ask. Also, is being a support worker just as good as being a HCA.

This is what the role of a support worker involves:-

Support Workers are specially appointed to provide physical, practical, personal, emotional and domestic support to individuals in an independent living situation. Care and support is generally provided on a one-to-one basis with a service user in their own home however there is also a need to support individuals in day centres, work placements, at college and in social activities.

Does anyone know what type of questions I might get asked in the interviews. My two interviews are on the same day, for different organizations.

I would really appreciate any help.
    Futuredoc, this looks like a job for you. You are futuredoc, the doctor from the future.

Any advice.

ReputationRep:
    Futuredoc, this looks like a job for you. You are futuredoc, the doctor from the future.

Any advice.
    :hi:

Oh I didn't get any interviews for HCA or Support Worker jobs :nope: so I wouldn't know what to suggest. But as far as job interviews go, they are much much easier than university interviews. Just go in, talk about yourself, mention a few of your skills here and there, be confident and you'll get the job :yep:

:goodluck:

ReputationRep:
    :hi:

Oh I didn't get any interviews for HCA or Support Worker jobs :nope: so I wouldn't know what to suggest. But as far as job interviews go, they are much much easier than university interviews. Just go in, talk about yourself, mention a few of your skills here and there, be confident and you'll get the job :yep:

:goodluck:
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.
    No problem :hat2:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    JOB INTERVIEW AT A PHARMACY!!!! yayayayyaya

....at asda hehehe.

God I hope my luck with interviews improves

Do you's reckon a dispensing technician job would be okay of I can't get HCA? As much as I'd love to get asked for sex by an oap lmao, bless you Dmz
    Enough to get an offer?

Can't say for definite but I work at a newsagents, a bar, and my old school and got an offer

But in all seriousness I don't think what you'd do would constitute as caring or work experience to uni's so I'd make sure you get plenty of that as well :yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2012

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.