:coma: I love it when I change the color of people's gems :sogood:
    i have no clue why i was thumbs downed for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    i have no clue why i was thumbs downed for that
    I will take a wild guess and say the last word of the sentence :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Im back :banana: How's everyone doing?

Revision's not going too well, but i swear i'll do loads... starting from tomorrow that is.

I want to book my UKCAT again first though. Is it a different procedure for re-applicants? Does anyone know?

What about the BMAT? When do we book it (and where) and when's the deadline for it? I'm not thinking of Oxbridge but i might have a look at UCL/Imperial (i think that's it for the BMAT unis?)?

Sorry about all the noobish questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)

Revision's not going too well, but i swear i'll do loads... starting from tomorrow that is.

I want to book my UKCAT again first though. Is it a different procedure for re-applicants? Does anyone know?

What about the BMAT? When do we book it (and where) and when's the deadline for it? I'm not thinking of Oxbridge but i might have a look at UCL/Imperial (i think that's all?)?

UKCAT is just the same Although I had a couple of problems waiting to find my username and password out again - had no idea what it was, and I did fancy trawling through a years worth of emails to find out :P

No idea about BMAT, I'm steering clear. Although it might be good to know when it has to be done? If I completely flop UKCAT (fingers crossed won't happen), I may have to go for a BMAT university... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    UKCAT is just the same Although I had a couple of problems waiting to find my username and password out again - had no idea what it was, and I did fancy trawling through a years worth of emails to find out :P

No idea about BMAT, I'm steering clear. Although it might be good to know when it has to be done? If I completely flop UKCAT (fingers crossed won't happen), I may have to go for a BMAT university... :/
    (Original post by -Taz-)

What about the BMAT? When do we book it (and where) and when's the deadline for it? I'm not thinking of Oxbridge but i might have a look at UCL/Imperial (i think that's it for the BMAT unis?)?

Hiya guys

When are yous gna do your ukcat? I was thinking before results day or something so that hopefully when I'm all "**** YEAH I GOT THE GRADES" I can rejoice in deciding which unis would love me?
    Oh god my revision isn't the best, I just get distracted by everything & have to have another cup of tea/coffee every 15 mins

Also, I Got work experience from the hospital that kept rejecting me last year!! **** YEAH :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)

UKCAT is the same process as last time. the deadline for the bmat is the end of september (standard fee) or the 14th october (late entry fee).

http://www.admissionstests.cambridge...t/datesandcost

ReputationRep:
    Hello all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    Hiya guys

When are yous gna do your ukcat? I was thinking before results day or something so that hopefully when I'm all "**** YEAH I GOT THE GRADES" I can rejoice in deciding which unis would love me?
    Oh god my revision isn't the best, I just get distracted by everything & have to have another cup of tea/coffee every 15 mins

Also, I Got work experience from the hospital that kept rejecting me last year!! **** YEAH :woo:
    Yayyyy I've booked mine for the day before results day - that way I have as much time as possible for practise, and I can completely relax on results day...hopefully. And I've booked it so I should finish just in time for lunch - my boyfriend has said he'll take me out ofr lunch to celebrate it being over with :P

(Original post by Dilzone)
    UKCAT is the same process as last time. the deadline for the bmat is the end of september (standard fee) or the 14th october (late entry fee).

http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeass essment.org.uk/adt/bmat/datesandcost
    Ahh thats good thanks Yeah, just in case my UKCAT goes tits up, at least I can decide then to do the BMAT

ReputationRep:
    :kissing2:
    How many exams have you got left?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by futuredoc77)
    :coma: I love it when I change the color of people's gems :sogood:
    Same :mwuaha:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thats good thanks Yeah, just in case my UKCAT goes tits up, at least I can decide then to do the BMAT
    yeah you have time, though i still think the bmat is much harder than the ukcat. plus it's pretty damn awful to have to get out your science textbooks in your gap year.

ReputationRep:

http://www.admissionstests.cambridge...t/datesandcost
    Thanks a lot

You wouldn't happen to know how many BMAT uni's there are? I know about Oxbridge, UCL and Imperial - but are there any others?

Hiya guys

I want to book it within a week or two of exams finishing if possible. Maybe that's a bit too soon, but i just want to get it out of the way...

I'm having an exceptionally good day of revision. Done loads today, but to be fair i did virtually nothing in the last 2+ weeks.

:five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    How many exams have you got left?
    All of them D: So eight? although two are gen studies. What a waste of my life...

They start a week today, but I get biology out the way first, so that'll be a relief Just got to learn the whole course now... You've done your D1 now haven't youuu?

yeah you have time, though i still think the bmat is much harder than the ukcat. plus it's pretty damn awful to have to get out your science textbooks in your gap year.
    Yeahh, I think it is as well, and as I say, its a gamble. But if I really flop the UKCAT, then its a gamble I'm willing to take...

ReputationRep:
    Not been on here for a week and just 2 pages of new comments :O

Is everyone busy working away or numb with frustration?

I've been barely working and trying to forget about my problems... I do have 2 days in a week and a bits time shadowing some doctors and clinical scientists at the local Sick Kids which should be a great experience.

(Not started or booked UKCAT yet....ho hum)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    Thanks a lot

You wouldn't happen to know how many BMAT uni's there are? I know about Oxbridge, UCL and Imperial - but are there any others?

I want to book it within a week or two of exams finishing if possible. Maybe that's a bit too soon, but i just want to get it out of the way...

:five:
    those are the only ones for medicine. http://www.admissionstests.cambridge...t/bmat/faqs#q2

and are you seriously thinking of taking your ukcat within two weeks of your exams? are you mad? :eek:

honestly though, the uckat is SOOOOOO important, in fact it's pretty much the sole reason for three of my offers, so don't take it so early. maybe wait 5/6 weeks, so that you can have a post-exams break and then a solid month of ukcat prep. the success of your next ucas application may depend on this, don't be in such a hurry!

ReputationRep:
    those are the only ones for medicine. http://www.admissionstests.cambridge...t/bmat/faqs#q2

and are you seriously thinking of taking your ukcat within two weeks of your exams? are you mad? :eek:

honestly though, the uckat is SOOOOOO important, in fact it's pretty much the sole reason for three of my offers, so don't take it so early. maybe wait 5/6 weeks, so that you can have a post-exams break and then a solid month of ukcat prep. the success of your next ucas application may depend on this, don't be in such a hurry!
    Nah UKCAT aint important I got 2 offers and 3 interviews this year with 630 UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellowmonkeyman)
    Nah UKCAT aint important I got 2 offers and 3 interviews this year with 630 UKCAT
    true! but if you do well, it does make thing a lot easier. plus it's one thing you can still control, if you haven't got any big strengths elsewhere (like 10A*s at GCSE or an epic PS) then atleast you can still shine there

ReputationRep:
    true! but if you do well, it does make thing a lot easier. plus it's one thing you can still control, if you haven't got any big strengths elsewhere (like 10A*s at GCSE or an epic PS) then atleast you can still shine there
    That's very true . It was a tongue in cheek comment more than anything but really, the higher your scores for everything are, the better chance you stand of getting interviews and offers .

ReputationRep:

I see your point. i'm not sure now :/

BTW guys, i've got 2 weeks working with a charity - Vitalise - during the summer. :banana2:

Starting from the 23rd of July - up to the 6th of August.

Do you think i should book the UKCAT before or after?

How's revision going for everyone - i've stalled again after a good couple of days. Chemistry is soo boring...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mine in august, like a weekbefore results or something, hopefully by then the high proportion of vodka in my blood from post exam drinking(s) will have removed itself so I can do lethal in the ukcat :sexface:

Oh god I'm doing chemistry now, the Mark scheme is doing my head in cus it's so unspecific kn what answers it wants in the question but dead specific in the Mark scheme. I lost a Mark for not explaining the term conjugated system when I was using it in my answer to e plain the hard question they were asking me, SURELY IF I USED THE SODDING WORD THEN I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS. and then in another exam paper you DIDN'T get a markfor explaining it but did get the Mark for explaining the hard stuff in the question.

Salters. You *******s.
    Ahh, you're doing Salters as well! :/ The most annoying thing is how repetitive the old papers are, but the new ones are just not. Leads you into a false sense of security...

At least there are some pretty standard questions they ask, and even though it seems vague, you can write pretty much the same thing again - like if the question was something along the lines of why transition metals are coloured, and how the ligands alter colour, you could always say;
    Ligands cause the d orbitals to split in the transition metal.
    When an electron becomes excited, it jumps from the lower energy level to the higher enery level(produced by the splitting)
    the energy absorbed to do this is related to a frequency of visible light by (delta)E=hv
    the complementary colour is reflected, and this is the colour the metal appears
    Different ligands cause different splitting of the orbitals, so a different energy gap, so different colours seen.

I've just learnt answers to questions like that, cause even if its only 3 marks, I'll get them, but I'll get five marks if its worth five marks :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.