The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2560
Original post by laurenl93
Hmm is anyone starting their ps/ ukcat revision today?

Better start some work since I spent the whole weekend drinking this past month away

Hmm Im trying to revise for UKCAT, but I finished exams few weeks ago (Access course) so maybe give yourself a brak for few days first.

HOWEVER (and Im only up to verbal reasoning section) UKCAT is impossible. Even with the answers I struggle to grasp some of the verbal reasoning questions. I can't seem to do better than 55% in any timed self-test and am wondering how on earth Im going to pass.

Did Anyone else struggle with VR? Any suggestions??
what are you guys putting in your "gap year" section of your personal statements
Original post by Swoosh
I'm trying to apply through school but everyone I've asked doesn't know the UCAS buzzword. :/ It's really quite annoying.

e-mail someone at school?
Or you could guess.. I mean mine was schoolabbreviation10 first time, then found out it was schoolabbreviation11 for cycle just gone, and next cycle's is schoolabbreviation12 so if you remember last years then just change the number :h:
Original post by highopes
Hmm Im trying to revise for UKCAT, but I finished exams few weeks ago (Access course) so maybe give yourself a brak for few days first.

HOWEVER (and Im only up to verbal reasoning section) UKCAT is impossible. Even with the answers I struggle to grasp some of the verbal reasoning questions. I can't seem to do better than 55% in any timed self-test and am wondering how on earth Im going to pass.

Did Anyone else struggle with VR? Any suggestions??

Mate I can't even remember what VR is. Lmao.

When's your test?
Reply 2564
Hmm is anyone starting their ps/ ukcat revision today?

Better start some work since I spent the whole weekend drinking this past month away

I've booked mine today if that counts :wink:
I think I'll start next week, I'm going for a nice weekend away with my boyfriend next weekend so obviously I have some shopping to do!
Lets be honest, we've all worked so hard for these exams and we deserve at least a little bit of a break.
Booked my UKCAT
Bought a book
I think i'm off to a good start!
Also I CANNOT REMEMBER WHAT I DID IN MY LIFE WHEN I DIDN'T HAVE TO REVISE.

Gutted :frown:

haha same! I've been finished for over a week and still haven't figured out what I do lol

Mate I can't even remember what VR is. Lmao.

When's your test?

I like so many of your posts yet "Please rate some other members before rating this member again" decides to ruin my appreciation for you :frown: lol
Reply 2567
Hi, could any one give me suggestion how to start my career in phlebotomy?

I have come across few institutes that claim for phlebotomy training in 2 days that costs around £500. Would I be able to get a place in clinic / NHS if I do this course.
Original post by SUBHA
Hi, could any one give me suggestion how to start my career in phlebotomy?

I have come across few institutes that claim for phlebotomy training in 2 days that costs around £500. Would I be able to get a place in clinic / NHS if I do this course.

Wrong place to post this... but I'll try to help.

Don't spend £500 on a 2 day course, waste of your money, apply via NHS jobs website, attend interview and if you're keen enough etc then you get the job and they pay you to do the training.
where can i get my personal statement checked people?
Original post by oloyeded020
where can i get my personal statement checked people?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/About_Personal_Statement_Help
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Wrong place to post this... but I'll try to help.

Don't spend £500 on a 2 day course, waste of your money, apply via NHS jobs website, attend interview and if you're keen enough etc then you get the job and they pay you to do the training.

Listen to this guy. They do not call him the penguin for no reason.
Original post by Tinth
I've booked mine today if that counts :wink:
I think I'll start next week, I'm going for a nice weekend away with my boyfriend next weekend so obviously I have some shopping to do!
Lets be honest, we've all worked so hard for these exams and we deserve at least a little bit of a break.
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Booked my UKCAT
Bought a book
I think i'm off to a good start!

Lol i have 8 dif ukcat books... if i dont get higher this year im just gna spend my gap year hunting down and stabbing in the face the guy that invented the ukcat.

When did you book it?
Im thinking just before results so that then (hopefully) i stroll into school, pick up ma bad boi results and immediately know exactly which four universities will be graced with my application. Bam.

Original post by Quackers93
haha same! I've been finished for over a week and still haven't figured out what I do lol

I like so many of your posts yet "Please rate some other members before rating this member again" decides to ruin my appreciation for you :frown: lol

Well aren't you a lovely duck :h:
Original post by Quackers93

have some rep :awesome:
Lol i have 8 dif ukcat books... if i dont get higher this year im just gna spend my gap year hunting down and stabbing in the face the guy that invented the ukcat.

When did you book it?
Im thinking just before results so that then (hopefully) i stroll into school, pick up ma bad boi results and immediately know exactly which four universities will be graced with my application. Bam.

Haha exactly this! :rolleyes:
I booked it for 1st August, just wanted it done before results, like you said but still wanted to give myself just enough time to really really prepare, but not too much time that I get lazy..

8 different books?? I have like 2 which is better than last year (zero)
LOL and UPO and this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=621992
Which will be useful i guess for extra practise if I still have time
Gotta beat my last score up like it jumped on my mama. Word to yours :cool:
Reply 2575
Looks like scottish universities are going to charge up to £9,000 for English Irish and welsh students..As well as an increase in A level requirements:eek:
Original post by Olives
Looks like scottish universities are going to charge up to £9,000 for English Irish and welsh students..As well as an increase in A level requirements:eek:

I already vowed not to apply to any Scottish universities after my experience with Aberdeen
This just reaffirmed my decision
Well aren't you a lovely duck :h:

Who says quackers has to be a duck? :tongue:
Reply 2578

When did you book it?

I've booked mine for the week after results, then hopefully it'll motivate me if I get good results and I won't have to go through it if I've got AAB
Original post by Olives

Pretty epic stuff. I don't know the implications for scottish students wanting to undertake a 2nd degree will be though...

If its £9000 I'm crying and bowing out of the process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending