Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    No but if GEM works out, it'll take me 7years, 3years Beng, 4years GEM. Unless you don't intercalate which i intended to do it's only going to take me a year longer
    Aha, sounds like a plan :holmes:

GEM is a ***** though but you can do it!! :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    No but if GEM works out, it'll take me 7years, 3years Beng, 4years GEM. Unless you don't intercalate which i intended to do it's only going to take me a year longer
    Haha, why have you quoted me in this?

I read it twice thinking it MUST be relevant :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    Haha, why have you quoted me in this?

I read it twice thinking it MUST be relevant :P
    Ha crap sorry, was meant to type this:

So sorry to hear that :console: the fools don't know what they've missed, but a gap year is a really good experience i think, no matter the outcome or how dull, with your grades, increasing fee (means competition will drop) and with you being awesome you're gonna come out with 4 straight offers

ReputationRep:
    And to get into a Uni I have to take A levels in three subjects, right ? Does it matter what the third subject is, if I choose the first two Chemistry and Biology ? And one last question: are they difficult ? Anyone ? (I posted it before, but no one answered, sadly )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuredoc77)
    Nay kakajan, az kuja shawa. Why do you think I'm on this thread.... :sigh:

:emo:
    Im sorry to hear that are you taking a gap year ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarface-Don)
    Im sorry to hear that are you taking a gap year ?
    Tashakur. Not sure yet... but unlikely. Gap year kho goy adama mekasha :laugh:

You do speak Dari right? :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Ha crap sorry, was meant to type this:

So sorry to hear that :console: the fools don't know what they've missed, but a gap year is a really good experience i think, no matter the outcome or how dull, with your grades, increasing fee (means competition will drop) and with you being awesome you're gonna come out with 4 straight offers
    Aww thankyou that was worth calling you out on :P

Hmm, do all the reapplicants have to talk like this? Cause I don't have a clue what you're on about :P

ReputationRep:
    Aww thankyou that was worth calling you out on :P

Hmm, do all the reapplicants have to talk like this? Cause I don't have a clue what you're on about :P
    It was , it'll take a couple of months after october for the sexual bits to kick in , though i joined mine late

haha no, she's speaking another language i believe.

What are your plans now? what you aiming for in UKCAT? Know the strongest point of your application? what uni it favours you with?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry

Nothing important was said if you must know :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dariadaphne)
    And to get into a Uni I have to take A levels in three subjects, right ? Does it matter what the third subject is, if I choose the first two Chemistry and Biology ? And one last question: are they difficult ? Thanks so much for answering
    I'm not entirely sure about any of those questions i'm afraid since i'm in the Scottish system however I believe that 3 A levels are normally expected from medicine applicants applying for medicine. As for the third subject I think it varies between Unis. If A levels are anything like Highers and AHs, i'd say they're challenging but not too difficult if you put in the effort.

ReputationRep:

LOOL lets take a gap year together mann and go to our wattan lol :P
    and yes speak dari lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarface-Don)
    LOOL lets take a gap year together mann and go to our wattan lol :P
    and yes speak dari lol
    That'll be an epic gap year :awesome:

Although I'm not sure I wanna get blown up just yet :hmmmm2:

Nah, I keed. Wattan ain't so bad nowadays... :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roar558)
    I'm not entirely sure about any of those questions i'm afraid since i'm in the Scottish system however I believe that 3 A levels are normally expected from medicine applicants applying for medicine. As for the third subject I think it varies between Unis. If A levels are anything like Highers and AHs, i'd say they're challenging but not too difficult if you put in the effort.
    Thanks Have a cookie for helping me out :cake: And a hug:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else feeling more down as the days go on after hearing the news about 4 rejections? It just seems to me like my plans have been altered, and I now have to take a year out while seeing everyone go to uni. Blah.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I'm butting in a bit here...
    It might sound a bit silly but in some ways I'm glad I'm taking a gap year, I really need to grow up before I apply, everything was too daunting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    It was , it'll take a couple of months after october for the sexual bits to kick in , though i joined mine late

haha no, she's speaking another language i believe.

What are your plans now? what you aiming for in UKCAT? Know the strongest point of your application? what uni it favours you with?
    Well, I've found a job I might apply for - don't reckon I'll get it if I'm honest, but I can send out as many applications as i want so I might as well try

Last year, my scores were about 780, 730, 690 and 480. So tbh, just aiming to improve that abstract reasoning score. If that one had been better, I would have got a MUCH higher average :/

I know Leicester does a scoring system, which I'll get full marks in my academics, and if I do better in my UKCAT, I shouldn't do too badly in that section either. Apparently Cardiff is the same? I know my academics is the best part of my application, although hopefully I'll be able to improve my personal statement as well.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've found a job I might apply for - don't reckon I'll get it if I'm honest, but I can send out as many applications as i want so I might as well try

Last year, my scores were about 780, 730, 690 and 480. So tbh, just aiming to improve that abstract reasoning score. If that one had been better, I would have got a MUCH higher average :/

I know Leicester does a scoring system, which I'll get full marks in my academics, and if I do better in my UKCAT, I shouldn't do too badly in that section either. Apparently Cardiff is the same? I know my academics is the best part of my application, although hopefully I'll be able to improve my personal statement as well.
    assuming you have decent experience then? If not HCA seems to help (better in hospital), uni's who purely use cut offs once you have the basic requirements like Glasgow Manchester Durham Newcastle and barts i think. My friend had full mark with leicester (academically) and didn't get an interview, think they use your lowest score as well but those are great marks

ReputationRep:
    And to get into a Uni I have to take A levels in three subjects, right ? Does it matter what the third subject is, if I choose the first two Chemistry and Biology ? And one last question: are they difficult ? Anyone ? (I posted it before, but no one answered, sadly )
    Yes - English applicants would take 3 A levels and I don't think it matters what your 3rd subject is after Chemistry and Biology. If you look around on here there are details of what each university requires and also applicant profiles so you can see who has what. You pretty much have to get 3 grade As too.

You'll also need to take the Ukcat test. But as you're an EU applicant I think the best thong before you embark on all this (they are difficult it seems - especially Chemistry) is to email rhe admissions tutors of universities to check what they would need from you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother2)
    Yes - English applicants would take 3 A levels and I don't think it matters what your 3rd subject is after Chemistry and Biology.
    Thanks a lot for the info I already informed myself about the unis I would like to go to and they don't put much emphasis on the third subject, as long as I get an A I'm thinking of buying some prep books, because although we study Biology/Chemistry at a pretty high level back here, I want to be more familiar with the demands Do you know any good prep books, because I found some on Amazon, but I don't know which one would be better :confused: Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for the info I already informed myself about the unis I would like to go to and they don't put much emphasis on the third subject, as long as I get an A I'm thinking of buying some prep books, because although we study Biology/Chemistry at a pretty high level back here, I want to be more familiar with the demands Do you know any good prep books, because I found some on Amazon, but I don't know which one would be better :confused: Thanks
    Sorry - someone else will have to answer that as I'm the mother of an applicant, and I dropped Chemistry aged 14! I'll ask my daughter though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.