Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxjvie)
    I got 4 rejections ages ago from my med places without interview because of my personal statement. I got my results today, 3 A's in biology, chemistry and english literature. I would have got an A* in biology if it weren't for the practical unit!!! D< Will not having any A*s make reapplying harder? I got 11 A*s at GCSE and 700 UKCAT which sucks cause i really don't want to do it again and i know i'll get worse this time
    Should be fine for re-applying unless you apply to places which seem to rank people on UCAS tarifs before interview this yaer (such as Bart's new application system)

Good luck in your UKCAT
    apply tactically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superG123)
    I got 3A's today in maths, biology and chemistry. I actually got an A* in my core 4 maths unit so that was a pleasant suprise! I got a B in general studies though, and a B in arabic AS and psychology AS! Not done any work experience yet, but i am frantically searching! and i compleeetely forgot about UKCAT! do you guys thing my reapplication is wise? i feel like i should have A*s at A level :/
    (Original post by xxjvie)
    I got 4 rejections ages ago from my med places without interview because of my personal statement. I got my results today, 3 A's in biology, chemistry and english literature. I would have got an A* in biology if it weren't for the practical unit!!! D< Will not having any A*s make reapplying harder? I got 11 A*s at GCSE and 700 UKCAT which sucks cause i really don't want to do it again and i know i'll get worse this time
    Your grades are fine for anywhere but Cambridge!

As for where you decide to apply, just research well and work to your advantage. Book your UKCAT as soon as you can so you have more time to choose wisely. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Just got my results:

AAAC

Is the C in physics going to hamper my chances in any way for any unis (except oxbridge)?

ReputationRep:
    Can't decide weather to reapply i got the grades to make it possible but i'm poo at UKcat and the 9000 fees are looming in my mind any suggestions? my other opition is to accept my newcastle pharmacology offer?

ReputationRep:
    I am having the same issue i got aaab (1 ums off a* in math) today and 2710 in ukcat. The new huge debt makes reapplying a big risk also I'm confused about if my modular resists makes a difference and how much of a difference. :s or just accept Southhampton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    Definitely try through clearing for biomed! If not, during your gap year you may as well resit some exams and apply to universities (albeit not many) which accept resits for medicine.
    I withdrew from UCAS a while ago (i definitely want a gap year).

Do you know which uni's accept resits? if anyone else knows i'd really appreciate a list

I don't think it's really hit me yet that i've failed at the final hurdle, but it's starting to sink in now :blushing:.

Well done to all those people who worked hard and got their grades. I'm really happy for you peeps :five:

ReputationRep:
    Got AAA and close in one of them to an A*, if it doesnt go up on remarking I dunno if theres any point applying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    I wouldn't cancel! If he's definitely taking a gap year, he may as well resit some exams and apply for universities which accept resits. He's got nothing to lose, unless he definitely wants to do something else.
    No- he really doesn't want to do anything else it would just be a degree in the hope of getting into graduate med. Unfortunately his GCSe's limited him on his original uni choices (4A's and 6B's). He had 2 interviews but then didn't get offers. It might be worth looking at which unis allow resits though - he resat a biology module and went up from a C to an A but his practical resit was a C so gave him B overall. Got 97% in maths in Jan but then got C's in last maths paper and stats(

ReputationRep:
    got A*AA TOTALLY REAPPLYING

Now an official 2012 reapp crew member
    Hope all your results days went well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joemullally)
    I'm staying in this thread. Woop.

A*A* AA
    Snap! I got exactly the same grades as you although in different subjects :five:

Ahh I'm so happy but it's bittersweet because I could have gone to uni in a month if I didn't mess up my interview

ReputationRep:
    I'm a reapplicant and just received A*AAB in maths, biology, italian and chemistry. i really want to apply for medicine, what are my chances with a B in chem? the annoying thing is is that i have all A's in my chemistry exams but got a D in my last ISA unit which brought my overal grade down to a B. what would you all advise me to do?
    my back up would be natural sciences- i'd be happy doing it but it wouldn't be my dream

thankssss guyssss x

ReputationRep:
    I honestly feel like ****
    Maths - A (4marks from an A*)
    Biology - B (2 marks from an A)
    Chemistry - B (4 marks from an A)

Obviously i'll remark but i'm worried about getting my hopes up to high..

ReputationRep:
    got A*AA TOTALLY REAPPLYING

Now an official 2012 reapp crew member
    Hope all your results days went well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saraaaa :))
    I'm a reapplicant and just received A*AAB in maths, biology, italian and chemistry. i really want to apply for medicine, what are my chances with a B in chem? the annoying thing is is that i have all A's in my chemistry exams but got a D in my last ISA unit which brought my overal grade down to a B. what would you all advise me to do?
    my back up would be natural sciences- i'd be happy doing it but it wouldn't be my dream

thankssss guyssss x
    I'm in an identical boat (well, very similar) - A in Bio, English and Maths, B in Chemistry because after As in every module, I got a D in the last one. And after all that, I'm one mark off the A (479). Hoping the remark will be kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek)
    I honestly feel like ****
    Maths - A (4marks from an A*)
    Biology - B (2 marks from an A)
    Chemistry - B (4 marks from an A)

Obviously i'll remark but i'm worried about getting my hopes up to high..
    I think you just have to wait for the remarks to come back, before getting carried away with anything. Fingers crossed you get a nice re-marker.

ReputationRep:
    with all the A*s in here, im wondering if the offers will increase to A*AA next year....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eragon.)
    I think you just have to wait for the remarks to come back, before getting carried away with anything. Fingers crossed you get a nice re-marker.
    I don't even know what to tell myself. I went from numb to devastated then back to numb.
    I'm thinking of sending 6 modules to be remarked.. Thats over £200
    I know i shouldn't be worried about money of all things but is it true that you get refunded if the marks go up or the grades go up??
    Never had to do this before and i was practically sobbing to my head of year so i hardly heard much of what he said as advice..

ReputationRep:
    people generally say that remarks do tend to go up, i really hope so

ReputationRep:
    I know that I should be satisfied and there are people a lot worse off than me; but I missed an A* in chem by 3 marks

Would your original A-level certificate contain your total UMS scores? Would the med schools be able to see the scores as well?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by joemullally)
    A*A* AA

(Original post by Tinth)
    A*AA Sorry guys, you're stuck with me :P
    You absolute beasts :top:

Really happy for you two :yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2012

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.