The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
To anyone who read my previous post, do you think i'm being overly fussy/risky by sending everything for re-marking?
I know maths is supposedly black and white but i thought that, with being so far into an A that, although it's possible i could go down in marks, it's less likely i'd go down in grades..?
(My actual ums was 541 in maths but i didn't score 90 as an average on C3 and C4)

Definitely ask for remarks! You'd regret it if you don't... and there will always be that "what if".
I know of people who had more than 25 UMS scores added after a remark! :eek4: But that was something like Classics.
AAAB today (A's in maths chemistry and dutch, b in biology)
Not as high as some people here but I will be trying :wink:
Original post by Scarface-Don

Well done! :five:
Reply 3023
Original post by Scarface-Don

are u gonna resit the biology?
Reply 3024
Original post by Tobia_s
I know that I should be satisfied and there are people a lot worse off than me; but I missed an A* in chem by 3 marks :frown:

Would your original A-level certificate contain your total UMS scores? Would the med schools be able to see the scores as well?

I know how you feel I missed A* in Maths by one mark,A* in Biology by one mark..............hopefully three A grades will be enough.
Reply 3025
I honestly feel like ****
Maths - A (4marks from an A*)
Biology - B (2 marks from an A)
Chemistry - B (4 marks from an A)

Obviously i'll remark but i'm worried about getting my hopes up to high..

Really does suck doesn't it. like being a few UMS away, that's my whole ****ing life story, I know you're upset about it but out of the world of medicine and TSR, they're brilliant grades and i'd defo get them remarked as it makes a world of difference
Reply 3026
what did joemullaly get?
Original post by dmz
what did joemullaly get?

Demi how did you do? :h:
Reply 3028
I got ABB would it be possible for me to re apply and get an offer the A was in bio. I'm so gutted I missed my offer
Reply 3029
Original post by a moist feeling
Demi how did you do? :h:

****, lol. I'm not even gonna make an excuse...other than i remembered the exam with two weeks to go, while working loads, exam board made a mistake, and marked my paper using previous applied results which were my worst, all C's. haha but no excuses :P Got 75% pretty useless.

When are you moving in?
Original post by dmz
****, lol. I'm not even gonna make an excuse...other than i remembered the exam with two weeks to go, while working loads, exam board made a mistake, and marked my paper using previous applied results which were my worst, all C's. haha but no excuses :P Got 75% pretty useless.

When are you moving in?

Ah **** :sad: that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that :console:

I'm moving in on 17th :h: still excited about Leeds?
Reply 3031
Ah **** :sad: that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that :console:

I'm moving in on 17th :h: still excited about Leeds?

lol, only difference it makes is i'm not gonna have 1500, wasn't counting on it anyway so it's all good :h:

:yep: decided to move on the 10th now and go to UCLANs fresher for a week as well :woo: bought everything yet?
Original post by dmz
lol, only difference it makes is i'm not gonna have 1500, wasn't counting on it anyway so it's all good :h:

:yep: decided to move on the 10th now and go to UCLANs fresher for a week as well :woo: bought everything yet?

Haha fair enough, so you aren't too bothered then which is good :biggrin:

Oh that will be so awesome :awesome: 2 freshers is going to be sweet. I have done absolutely nothing yet :tongue: I really need to get my ass in gear but oh well. Have you got your stuff then? :eyeball:
Original post by dmz
Really does suck doesn't it. like being a few UMS away, that's my whole ****ing life story, I know you're upset about it but out of the world of medicine and TSR, they're brilliant grades and i'd defo get them remarked as it makes a world of difference

i plan to get that sorted tommorrow so at least i know what to do next

Original post by futuredoc77
Definitely ask for remarks! You'd regret it if you don't... and there will always be that "what if".
I know of people who had more than 25 UMS scores added after a remark! :eek4: But that was something like Classics.

My heart just jumped and sank in the same minute haha
But yeah i agree.
At least i could say i did everything i could..
Reply 3034
Haha fair enough, so you aren't too bothered then which is good :biggrin:

Oh that will be so awesome :awesome: 2 freshers is going to be sweet. I have done absolutely nothing yet :tongue: I really need to get my ass in gear but oh well. Have you got your stuff then? :eyeball:

No, tbh i thought i'd got 76 the moment i left the exam,

:yep: I'm getting mine next week, well my mum, but we're not getting along too well atm which means i might end up buying it myself. I know, scared of being a little dumb when we start

My heart just jumped and sank in the same minute haha
But yeah i agree.
At least i could say i did everything i could..

:giggle:

Exactly. Plus if it does make a difference, you won't even think of the money EVER again.
Original post by dmz
No, tbh i thought i'd got 76 the moment i left the exam,

:yep: I'm getting mine next week, well my mum, but we're not getting along too well atm which means i might end up buying it myself. I know, scared of being a little dumb when we start

I just feel like I'm going to be the dumbest person there :colonhash: it is terrible. I really can't be arsed to go over A-level stuff though :rofl: I am a victim of my own laziness I reckon :tongue:
Reply 3037
I just feel like I'm going to be the dumbest person there :colonhash: it is terrible. I really can't be arsed to go over A-level stuff though :rofl: I am a victim of my own laziness I reckon :tongue:

same here, I'm hoping to sneak into some maths lectures where they're doing A level recaps, not sure what you'd sneak into for medicine?
Original post by dmz
same here, I'm hoping to sneak into some maths lectures where they're doing A level recaps, not sure what you'd sneak into for medicine?

I won't I'm just going to have to wing it as always and hope to god that it works or I'm ****ed :rofl:
Reply 3039
I won't I'm just going to have to wing it as always and hope to god that it works or I'm ****ed :rofl:

winging has screwed me to this point, so gonna actually work and see what i can actually do, lol. Apparently you get kicked out once you fail a couple of times?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending