Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek)
    To anyone who read my previous post, do you think i'm being overly fussy/risky by sending everything for re-marking?
    I know maths is supposedly black and white but i thought that, with being so far into an A that, although it's possible i could go down in marks, it's less likely i'd go down in grades..?
    (My actual ums was 541 in maths but i didn't score 90 as an average on C3 and C4)
    Definitely ask for remarks! You'd regret it if you don't... and there will always be that "what if".
    I know of people who had more than 25 UMS scores added after a remark! :eek4: But that was something like Classics.

ReputationRep:
    AAAB today (A's in maths chemistry and dutch, b in biology)
    Not as high as some people here but I will be trying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarface-Don)
    Well done! :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarface-Don)
    are u gonna resit the biology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobia_s)
    I know that I should be satisfied and there are people a lot worse off than me; but I missed an A* in chem by 3 marks

Would your original A-level certificate contain your total UMS scores? Would the med schools be able to see the scores as well?
    I know how you feel I missed A* in Maths by one mark,A* in Biology by one mark..............hopefully three A grades will be enough.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly feel like ****
    Maths - A (4marks from an A*)
    Biology - B (2 marks from an A)
    Chemistry - B (4 marks from an A)

Obviously i'll remark but i'm worried about getting my hopes up to high..
    Really does suck doesn't it. like being a few UMS away, that's my whole ****ing life story, I know you're upset about it but out of the world of medicine and TSR, they're brilliant grades and i'd defo get them remarked as it makes a world of difference

ReputationRep:
    what did joemullaly get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    what did joemullaly get?
    Demi how did you do?

ReputationRep:
    I got ABB would it be possible for me to re apply and get an offer the A was in bio. I'm so gutted I missed my offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a moist feeling)
    Demi how did you do?
    ****, lol. I'm not even gonna make an excuse...other than i remembered the exam with two weeks to go, while working loads, exam board made a mistake, and marked my paper using previous applied results which were my worst, all C's. haha but no excuses :P Got 75% pretty useless.

When are you moving in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    ****, lol. I'm not even gonna make an excuse...other than i remembered the exam with two weeks to go, while working loads, exam board made a mistake, and marked my paper using previous applied results which were my worst, all C's. haha but no excuses :P Got 75% pretty useless.

When are you moving in?
    Ah **** :sad: that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that :console:

I'm moving in on 17th still excited about Leeds?

ReputationRep:
    Ah **** :sad: that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that :console:

I'm moving in on 17th still excited about Leeds?
    lol, only difference it makes is i'm not gonna have 1500, wasn't counting on it anyway so it's all good

:yep: decided to move on the 10th now and go to UCLANs fresher for a week as well :woo: bought everything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    lol, only difference it makes is i'm not gonna have 1500, wasn't counting on it anyway so it's all good

:yep: decided to move on the 10th now and go to UCLANs fresher for a week as well :woo: bought everything yet?
    Haha fair enough, so you aren't too bothered then which is good

Oh that will be so awesome :awesome: 2 freshers is going to be sweet. I have done absolutely nothing yet I really need to get my ass in gear but oh well. Have you got your stuff then? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Really does suck doesn't it. like being a few UMS away, that's my whole ****ing life story, I know you're upset about it but out of the world of medicine and TSR, they're brilliant grades and i'd defo get them remarked as it makes a world of difference
    Thanks
    i plan to get that sorted tommorrow so at least i know what to do next

(Original post by futuredoc77)
    Definitely ask for remarks! You'd regret it if you don't... and there will always be that "what if".
    I know of people who had more than 25 UMS scores added after a remark! :eek4: But that was something like Classics.
    My heart just jumped and sank in the same minute haha
    But yeah i agree.
    At least i could say i did everything i could..

ReputationRep:
    Haha fair enough, so you aren't too bothered then which is good

Oh that will be so awesome :awesome: 2 freshers is going to be sweet. I have done absolutely nothing yet I really need to get my ass in gear but oh well. Have you got your stuff then? :eyeball:
    No, tbh i thought i'd got 76 the moment i left the exam,

:yep: I'm getting mine next week, well my mum, but we're not getting along too well atm which means i might end up buying it myself. I know, scared of being a little dumb when we start

ReputationRep:
    My heart just jumped and sank in the same minute haha
    But yeah i agree.
    At least i could say i did everything i could..
    :giggle:

Exactly. Plus if it does make a difference, you won't even think of the money EVER again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    No, tbh i thought i'd got 76 the moment i left the exam,

:yep: I'm getting mine next week, well my mum, but we're not getting along too well atm which means i might end up buying it myself. I know, scared of being a little dumb when we start
    I just feel like I'm going to be the dumbest person there it is terrible. I really can't be arsed to go over A-level stuff though :rofl: I am a victim of my own laziness I reckon

ReputationRep:
    I just feel like I'm going to be the dumbest person there it is terrible. I really can't be arsed to go over A-level stuff though :rofl: I am a victim of my own laziness I reckon
    same here, I'm hoping to sneak into some maths lectures where they're doing A level recaps, not sure what you'd sneak into for medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    same here, I'm hoping to sneak into some maths lectures where they're doing A level recaps, not sure what you'd sneak into for medicine?
    I won't I'm just going to have to wing it as always and hope to god that it works or I'm ****ed :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I won't I'm just going to have to wing it as always and hope to god that it works or I'm ****ed :rofl:
    winging has screwed me to this point, so gonna actually work and see what i can actually do, lol. Apparently you get kicked out once you fail a couple of times?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2012

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.