Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    Noo, don't worry about it - I guess we're in kind of a different boat to everyone else. At least with other people, both are leaving, and going to do new things, but we're just staying at home :/

Yeahh, me and my boyfriend have been arguing a lot recently. I guess in some ways, I might be trying to find reason to end it with him? I know it would be easier if it was over now, so we could both get over it, but I just can't do it. I guess to be fair to her, you need to wait and see how it goes. I'm planning on ending it as soon as things start to go badly , obviously I'm hoping they won't, but somehow it seems inevitable. I don't want to draw it out, and like you said, don't want it to turn into a bitter horrible year.
    I know what you mean, It probably wont happen because i'm trying to stay with her as long as I can and we've been together nearly a year.
    But I want her to be over me by the time her freshers week rolls around so she's not upset or teary or whatever about it.
    She's a very emotional drunk too.
    And gets really homesick.

ReputationRep:
    And about the boyfriend thing. Bleurgh.

Well, we are really close, and if he wasn't moving away (he's not exactly moving far, but its knowing that we'll be apart for such a long time - minimum 5 years from now...) I could imagine us staying together for a really long time. But as it is...

I've said to him that I'm coming over for the evening on my birthday (about two weeks after he leaves) but apart from that, I'm not seeing him for the first month. If I had my way, I would be seeing him every month from then on, once a month, but he's talking more like every fortnight. I'm exaxctly like you Joe - don't want him to miss stuff! I'm prety certain we can't do long distance for all that time, but right now its still good, so I an't break it off yet - too difficult. I've had many a drunken conversation about this with my friends haha. I can't decide anything, so the only thing to do is wait and see.

He's not going to be far this year (literally half hour drive from my house) but its more worrying about what will happen when I go away next year? And the fact that we'll be doing the long distance thing for so long, and that I think we'll be rubbish at it and miss eachother loads :/

Ahh well. C'est difficile!
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    Awh No my love, I'm sorry you're in the same position, though I guess a lot of us re apps are. I dunno Im having 'the girls' round my house too in a week or so and in some ways I'm dreading it because depaite the fact they're al nervous and excited about uni, all I can think is 'please don't forget about me'; which is extremely sad but I'm trying not to think it because they're all going to different unis to make different friends

Are you and your bf staying together LD or are you Gna see how it goes or something? Lmao if it were the reverse situation I'd be doing that for my boyfriend too so I could make sure he survives hehe
    We were long distance last year too so I don't think much will change, we used to see each other every 3 weeks or so and it seemed to work. A lot of his flat were in long distance relationships too which were all kind of different from each other, I suppose you just work out what's right for you. It really isn't as hard as most people make it out to be, you just have to work through all of the getting used to it and then it's fine.

UKCAT this afternoon!! Hopefully I'll get a Sheffield score *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    Why is the deadline for reapplicants so early? 13 September gives us hardly any time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    Why is the deadline for reapplicants so early? 13 September gives us hardly any time
    :eek: :eek:

THERE'S A DIFFERENT DEADLINE FOR RE-APPLICANTS?

Are you taking the piss?

Don't need a heart attack please,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobia_s)
    :eek: :eek:

THERE'S A DIFFERENT DEADLINE FOR RE-APPLICANTS?

Are you taking the piss?

Don't need a heart attack please,
    my school said that its 13 september for medicine/dent and 7th oct for other courses, im super confused at the moment. please someone else tell me whats going on

ReputationRep:
    my school said that its 13 september for medicine/dent and 7th oct for other courses, im super confused at the moment. please someone else tell me whats going on
    i think thats probably wrong cos last year it was begining of oct for med/dental/vet/oxbridge and then like january for everyone else. your school may have its own deadlines though for when it wants applications in so the references can be written.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASB31)
    i think thats probably wrong cos last year it was begining of oct for med/dental/vet/oxbridge and then like january for everyone else. your school may have its own deadlines though for when it wants applications in so the references can be written.
    It's 15th October as far as I am aware, why would they make it a different date? lol

Also good luck, I am reapplying for Medicine .

ReputationRep:
    I think somebody is telling porkypies...

ReputationRep:
    with a 725 average on my ukcat is there anywhere i should avoid? i'm already not risking sheffield even though i love it there i'm currently thinking newcastle, bristol (cos i was soooo close last time and its awesome), Brighton and sussex and ....? somewhere esle. Any help would be great

ReputationRep:
    I think somebody is telling porkypies...
    so wtf are my school going on about, why do they want it in so early

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASB31)
    with a 725 average on my ukcat is there anywhere i should avoid? i'm already not risking sheffield even though i love it there i'm currently thinking newcastle, bristol (cos i was soooo close last time and its awesome), Brighton and sussex and ....? somewhere esle. Any help would be great
    There is NOWHERE you should avoid with that UKCAT. I don't see why you can't apply to Sheffield? They are estimating the cut off to go down from what it was last year.

Hold on, I think you mean that your SCHOOL wants your application, so they can do references etc. Does not mean UCAS want it by then.

ReputationRep:
    There is NOWHERE you should avoid with that UKCAT. I don't see why you can't apply to Sheffield? They are estimating the cut off to go down from what it was last year.

Hold on, I think you mean that your SCHOOL wants your application, so they can do references etc. Does not mean UCAS want it by then.
    i dont want to risk it cos last year i was caught out by the huge leap and then i was already down to 3 choices which sucked.

ReputationRep:
    Worst UKCAT ever!!!
    Basically towards the end of quantitative reasoning my computer said there was an error and they had to call the technicians and they sorted it out so I missed the 30 seconds or so from quantitative which they said they could do nothing about, then it went onto abstract reasoning where the timer said I only had 8 minutes to answer all of the questions
    So these were my scores:
    VR: 600
    QR: 710
    AR: 730
    DA: 670

I have an incident form and I can ring the UKCAT people if I'm not happy and they may consider allowing me to retake it but I don't know if it's worth all of the stress again when I don't think that it would bring it up that much to make a difference (eg. Above the Sheffield cut off)

ReputationRep:
    It'll be an internal deadline from your school. My college was like that last year, just so they could process all the forms and make sure everything was perfect incase we'd screwed it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinth)
    Worst UKCAT ever!!!
    Basically towards the end of quantitative reasoning my computer said there was an error and they had to call the technicians and they sorted it out so I missed the 30 seconds or so from quantitative which they said they could do nothing about, then it went onto abstract reasoning where the timer said I only had 8 minutes to answer all of the questions
    So these were my scores:
    VR: 600
    QR: 710
    AR: 730
    DA: 670

I have an incident form and I can ring the UKCAT people if I'm not happy and they may consider allowing me to retake it but I don't know if it's worth all of the stress again when I don't think that it would bring it up that much to make a difference (eg. Above the Sheffield cut off)
    Hey, its not a bad score, 677.5 average, by any means I don't know anything about Sheffield so I can't comment about the cut off point. But you could always ring up, see what they say and then decide. Have some time to chill out first so that you know whether its something you'd want to do again or not (it also means you'd have more time to practice if you're worried about not improving it )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    Hey, its not a bad score, 677.5 average, by any means I don't know anything about Sheffield so I can't comment about the cut off point. But you could always ring up, see what they say and then decide. Have some time to chill out first so that you know whether its something you'd want to do again or not (it also means you'd have more time to practice if you're worried about not improving it )
    That's exactly what my mum said I was going to leave it a couple of days to relax and let the incident form go through, it is slightly less that I got last year but not by much, it's all just very confusing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinth)
    That's exactly what my mum said I was going to leave it a couple of days to relax and let the incident form go through, it is slightly less that I got last year but not by much, it's all just very confusing!
    Well whatever you chose hope it goes well for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinth)
    We were long distance last year too so I don't think much will change, we used to see each other every 3 weeks or so and it seemed to work. A lot of his flat were in long distance relationships too which were all kind of different from each other, I suppose you just work out what's right for you. It really isn't as hard as most people make it out to be, you just have to work through all of the getting used to it and then it's fine.

UKCAT this afternoon!! Hopefully I'll get a Sheffield score *fingers crossed*
    Good luck! :woo:

Hopefully you got a sheffield score.. i didnt hehehehe but its fiine
    Ah crap yeah i dont really want to adress the whole "so anyway ill be going to uni... to a place where you arent... not together... " Think i'll just play the "we'll stay the same and see how we cope for the first few months" card

Soo how was your ukcat love?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    Good luck! :woo:

Hopefully you got a sheffield score.. i didnt hehehehe but its fiine
    Ah crap yeah i dont really want to adress the whole "so anyway ill be going to uni... to a place where you arent... not together... " Think i'll just play the "we'll stay the same and see how we cope for the first few months" card

Soo how was your ukcat love?!
    Read up slightly
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Your school is wrong...

The only UCAS deadline that you need to worry about is the 15th of October.

It's better to have everything ready and sent before that deadline just in case you run into technical difficulties, but as long as it's all done and sent off by the 15th of October then you'll be fine :yy:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2012
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.