Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    Well, its not much different to stuff I've already done before, but I REALLY enjoy it, so I might as well do it. Hopefully it'll mean I'm asked to do more stuff through the year to keep me occupied

Ahh that probaly means there's quite a few jobs available I'm sure you did fine! When do you find out?

Yeahh, pretty much - haven't really talked about the actual job, just saying I'm doing this in my gap year, which will give me an experience in this and help me improve these skills. Most of the stuff I'll be doing I've already had some experience with, so its really just the fact that its a JOB that I'm highlighting.
    Yeah there were loooooads of people there, like about 4 interviews going on constantly, plus i had to do a numeracy and literacy test (unbelievably easy) but i'm just hoping that means they need loads of hca's Oooh hope you have fun in wales today ive been to wales once with an ex, pretty place... very green
    I find out on wednesday D:

Yeah tbh i cant imagine ill be changing my PS too much, more tweaking it to add more experience and enhance the skills that ive gained on from last year
    (Original post by joemullally)
    How'd the interview go?
    I think it went really well (i hope) I mean the interviewers were lovely and made me feel at ease so that all my answers i was able to put all the relevant experience i had in what they were asking into, if i got the job after that interview then i think the horrible experience of having such an atrocious interviewer from leicester uni will finally be resolved so i can feel less anxious about them

hear back on wed though, so fingers crossed i get it because it'd be perfect time to get it so i could write something about it in my personal statement

have you asked the people at your place when the hell you training starts?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    Yeah there were loooooads of people there, like about 4 interviews going on constantly, plus i had to do a numeracy and literacy test (unbelievably easy) but i'm just hoping that means they need loads of hca's Oooh hope you have fun in wales today ive been to wales once with an ex, pretty place... very green
    I find out on wednesday D:

Yeah tbh i cant imagine ill be changing my PS too much, more tweaking it to add more experience and enhance the skills that ive gained on from last year

I think it went really well (i hope) I mean the interviewers were lovely and made me feel at ease so that all my answers i was able to put all the relevant experience i had in what they were asking into, if i got the job after that interview then i think the horrible experience of having such an atrocious interviewer from leicester uni will finally be resolved so i can feel less anxious about them

hear back on wed though, so fingers crossed i get it because it'd be perfect time to get it so i could write something about it in my personal statement

have you asked the people at your place when the hell you training starts?!

Well they're training 50 in total and since I have another job they're training people with more availability first,
    basically they'll train me between now and oct/nov which is fair enough because I'd only really be able to do weekend shifts and that because of my weektime job lol.

Should be good, and it's nice that the interview was friendly .

and sorry bout quoting you twice, I was really really tired yesterday and didn't realise I did it till I read back in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    How long are all of your "gap year" sections on your personal statements? With all the other stuff in there Ive had to condense it to like 4 lines. is that way too short? should I cut out some other **** and make it longer? ive mentioned that ive organised more work exp, volunteering work here and abroad, as well as work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    How long are all of your "gap year" sections on your personal statements? With all the other stuff in there Ive had to condense it to like 4 lines. is that way too short? should I cut out some other **** and make it longer? ive mentioned that ive organised more work exp, volunteering work here and abroad, as well as work
    That's around what mine is, I mention my job in the labs as something I do now and then say that i'll be doing some HCA stuff.

(Original post by laurenl93)
    (Original post by a moist feeling)

And to anyone else who was in that discussion lol.
    We broke up today, to give her a fair chance so she's not teary during freshers,
    How's things with you guys?

ReputationRep:
    And to anyone else who was in that discussion lol.
    We broke up today, to give her a fair chance so she's not teary during freshers,
    Well me and me girlfriend broke up maybe 2 weeks ago :erm: it sucks but I think it had to happen

ReputationRep:
    Aww, are you okay though? Its tough, but it sounds like you made the right decision for you guys anyway.

Hmm, things are really good between me and my boyfriend, and I'm getting excited about uni for him. Somehow it hasn't quite hit me that all this preparation means that he's leaving and I'll barely see him.

Well me and me girlfriend broke up maybe 2 weeks ago :erm: it sucks but I think it had to happen
    Ohh dearr, too many breakups at the moment! Are you fine about it now then?

Just saw that my hamster is dead I hadn't even got time to get properly attached to her, but she was MINE, and the first pet I'd ever had. I'd only had her for a few months! We think she was ill :/
    How the hell am I going to look after patients if I can't even look after a bloody hamster?!

ReputationRep:
    anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    ahh man that sucks, I hope you're ok

Aww, are you okay though? Its tough, but it sounds like you made the right decision for you guys anyway.

Hmm, things are really good between me and my boyfriend, and I'm getting excited about uni for him. Somehow it hasn't quite hit me that all this preparation means that he's leaving and I'll barely see him.

Ohh dearr, too many breakups at the moment! Are you fine about it now then?

Just saw that my hamster is dead I hadn't even got time to get properly attached to her, but she was MINE, and the first pet I'd ever had. I'd only had her for a few months! We think she was ill :/
    How the hell am I going to look after patients if I can't even look after a bloody hamster?!

I'll be ok, it's the right thing, I think.

And sucks to hear about your hamster.

This really is going to be a long year isn't it guys?

ReputationRep:
    I'm alright, I think we both knew it was going to happen to be honest :erm: although after two and a half years it does still sting :sad:

ReputationRep:

I'm alright, I think we both knew it was going to happen to be honest :erm: although after two and a half years it does still sting :sad:
    At least we've all got each others company on here If it weren't for tsr and the very few friends I have remaining, it'd just be me and some of the nice old biddies from the British Heart

Hope things improve for you guys! And don't worry, before long you'll have all the fun of filling in the ucas form again to take you minds off things

ReputationRep:
    We were together a year and a bit, which is the longest relationship I've had by a fair stretch.
    we knew it was gonna happen when we went to uni either way this time last year but just never expected it to happen.

Wen't to the sea zoo today though, played mini golf and I bought her a penguin.
    So yeah at least it was a good last day.

(Original post by Quackers93)
    At least we've all got each others company on here If it weren't for tsr and the very few friends I have remaining, it'd just be me and some of the nice old biddies from the British Heart

Hope things improve for you guys! And don't worry, before long you'll have all the fun of filling in the ucas form again to take you minds off things
    Haha aye,
    I've allready filled it in though, just waiting for it to open.
    Does anyone know when it opens? they said mid sept but aye.

ReputationRep:
    Haha aye,
    I've allready filled it in though, just waiting for it to open.
    Does anyone know when it opens? they said mid sept but aye.
    Oh... I didn't know you could do that, well thats with this weeks boredom sorted! jokes, I still got the more fun ukcat crap and personal statement to do first I'll leave the easy bit till last
    I'm not sure really, probs when ucas decides it feels like it You'd tihnk there would be something on their website about it

ReputationRep:
    Oh... I didn't know you could do that, well thats with this weeks boredom sorted! jokes, I still got the more fun ukcat crap and personal statement to do first I'll leave the easy bit till last
    I'm not sure really, probs when ucas decides it feels like it You'd tihnk there would be something on their website about it
    There are deadlines but no opening lines.
    It sucks.
    I really think it is whenever they get rid of their clearing hangovers.

ReputationRep:
    There are deadlines but no opening lines.
    It sucks.
    I really think it is whenever they get rid of their clearing hangovers.
    Hahaha, that'll be it!
    "hmmm A-level results day was a bit of a mess, now clearing... lets all just go drown our sorrows, who cares that reapplicants might be wanting to apply ASAP!"

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, perfect thread! I relate completely and not in a cliched way. 4 rejections without interview, I am going to amp myself up. My first mistake was applying to 2 BMAT unis and doing crap on the BMAT...people at school including teachers, got my hopes up, but that isn't to say I'm not to blame. So applying more tactically is the first step. I also need to revamp my PS structure and content. So far I've got a couple of regular voluntary commitments with St John Ambulance, local hospice charity shop, and the nearest spinal injury ward. I have also gained another GP placement, a week in India, and an ongoing year with a cancer research team. I also hope to go to Japan in March to volunteer for 6 months... a dauntingly long time but it's an amazing opportunity... so there's my plan! Wish I could find a job though!

ReputationRep:
    anyone else?
    I've just slipped it in here and there. No actual gap year section as such - Just like 'I learnt this at this thing, and hoping to improve it in my gap year doing this...'

A REALLY long year :/

Ahh mann, two and a half years?! Hmm, must be very difficult for you!

Sorry guys, but I have no good break up comforting lines :/ Except now go and find new things to do to occupy the time your girlfriends used to fill. And DON'T look on her facebook all the time :P

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, that'll be it!
    "hmmm A-level results day was a bit of a mess, now clearing... lets all just go drown our sorrows, who cares that reapplicants might be wanting to apply ASAP!"
    I know, I'd hate to work at UCAS during the summer.
    All those people dying to get a place, telling people that they couldn't get a place through clearing because their school had a crap internet connect and they couldnt get on track because of it.

(Original post by abhi1393)
    Oh my, perfect thread! I relate completely and not in a cliched way. 4 rejections without interview, I am going to amp myself up. My first mistake was applying to 2 BMAT unis and doing crap on the BMAT...people at school including teachers, got my hopes up, but that isn't to say I'm not to blame. So applying more tactically is the first step. I also need to revamp my PS structure and content. So far I've got a couple of regular voluntary commitments with St John Ambulance, local hospice charity shop, and the nearest spinal injury ward. I have also gained another GP placement, a week in India, and an ongoing year with a cancer research team. I also hope to go to Japan in March to volunteer for 6 months... a dauntingly long time but it's an amazing opportunity... so there's my plan! Wish I could find a job though!
    Just brush yourself off and re-apply, Welcome to the re-applicants thread.
    What's your grades, UKCAT etc like?

I've just slipped it in here and there. No actual gap year section as such - Just like 'I learnt this at this thing, and hoping to improve it in my gap year doing this...'

A REALLY long year :/

Ahh mann, two and a half years?! Hmm, must be very difficult for you!

Sorry guys, but I have no good break up comforting lines :/ Except now go and find new things to do to occupy the time your girlfriends used to fill. And DON'T look on her facebook all the time :P
    You make us sound like stalkers lol :P

but nahh it's grand dont worry about it.

I have work tommorow guys :goodnight:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh moistybabes :console:

Is it time to make this facebook official?

That way you can feel a bit better about this at freshers and I can be your wingman along with tikki :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Oh moistybabes :console:

Is it time to make this facebook official?

That way you can feel a bit better about this at freshers and I can be your wingman along with tikki :yep:
    I really can't be arsed to change it to be honest we've been broken up for a couple of weeks or so :erm:

I will try and be awesome at freshers, with my wingmen and women :smug:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I really can't be arsed to change it to be honest we've been broken up for a couple of weeks or so :erm:

I will try and be awesome at freshers, with my wingmen and women :smug:
    It needs doing at some point else the women at BATL might think you're off limits! (though not sure if that will help or hinder you )

There's no trying about it. You're a BATL fresher. You are not allowed to be anything less than awesome or we'll make you become a dentist :mwuaha:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2012

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.