Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    Hell to the no! (I have scrubs in my head :cool:) I was always the idiot who'd hop, skip and trip It's probably a good thing I'm going to A&E :rolleyes:
    Niice,
    But yeah scrubs is amazing.
    I wish hospitals were actually like that.

Allthough the crowd i'm working with in micro generally make me giggle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    -
    Hope you got it!

And to everyone else, good news (sort of) came today, basically my Biology was regarded to an A, from a B so it looks like I can still continue with my gap year/reapplying plans and retake 1 chemistry module in Jan (spoken to each individual uni at legnth through emails and telephone convos)

I have no idea if this is the wisest option, what with all the issues surrounding the standard of competition for 2011 entry and the effect this may have on 2012 entry. But I feel, for me I'd rather have another stab at applying to do something I have already worked so hard for and will probably love to pursue for the rest of my life than run along to do another course because of fear (of rejection and mountain of debt from 9k fees)

So to cut a long story short, I'm officially back on this thread, hence you're all stuck with me for a whole year.
    Good luck chums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek)
    Hope you got it!

And to everyone else, good news (sort of) came today, basically my Biology was regarded to an A, from a B so it looks like I can still continue with my gap year/reapplying plans and retake 1 chemistry module in Jan (spoken to each individual uni at legnth through emails and telephone convos)

I have no idea if this is the wisest option, what with all the issues surrounding the standard of competition for 2011 entry and the effect this may have on 2012 entry. But I feel, for me I'd rather have another stab at applying to do something I have already worked so hard for and will probably love to pursue for the rest of my life than run along to do another course because of fear (of rejection and mountain of debt from 9k fees)

So to cut a long story short, I'm officially back on this thread, hence you're all stuck with me for a whole year.
    Good luck chums
    Congrats on your bio.
    Did the uni's you contacted say it was ok that you're retaking only 1 module?
    If so, which uni's I'm sort if in the same predicament as yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I'm going to be re-applying this year. Does it really matter that I can't find any paid work to do until I travel overseas in March? I'm going to be working voluntarily 30 hours a week in a charity shop until then whilst also volunteering at a hospice and a disabled centre on a weekly basis. Is this going to be an issue?

ReputationRep:
    A REALLY LONG POST
    (Original post by Tinth)
    It's a bit scary that people are starting back at school and I still haven't had any interviews or hopes of starting a job!! I might have to start a bar job soon while I find one It would be nice to actually have a gap year plan in my personal statement
    Hahaha i wouldnt worry about it love, a bar job is fine as long as yove got the all important med wor experience and have done/do some volunteering then you'll be fine, my friend took a gap year last uear and only had a bar job and she got two offers

If they ask you anothing about why you worked in a bar just say that you anticipated that once your qualified as a doctor you'll need the ability to make a damn good martini after a long 16 hour shift... which shows you are thinking ahead of the future... and that you like martinis...
    So true, so true :moon:

I still need to do my ps... I'm just waiting for something to happen to put on it, as so far there is no change from last year which isnt great Although on saturday i start volunteering in A&E where my college was It'll probably just be cups of tea and being the nurses slaves running around but hey! I'll got my fingers crossed to see something interesting! I'm like that! I came on here to look at ukcat videos on youtube and somehow ended up on here and facebook... how did that happen :O

Good luck with the job! hope you get it Oh and where have you decided on?
    I still need to do my PS :/ Tweaked a whooole paragraph but i like god damn everything so dont wanna change anything! plus everytime i start i have a new reason for something that needs to be done before i can even think of starting the PS
    arghargharghargh

Plus getting mortal for each one of my friends last night outs before they head off to uni is causing me problems with concentration an dhow much time i have left in the day after all the hangovers. crazy.

Lmao why did you look on you tube for ukcat?
    WELL:
    Lancaster
    Aberdeen
    Belfast
    UEA (Maybe subject to change... who knows... i dont...)

Yourself?
    (Original post by joemullally)
    she took it well, we knew we were gonna split if we went to diff uni's this time last year, we talked about it and stuff but just never thought it would happen.

My mates having a leaving do tonight because he's going back for second year (well first year again, needs to sort out his house, long story)
    So yeah P+P tonight should be fun, work tommorow not soo much.

I hope you get good news about the HCA job tommorow, good luck.
    Ah well that's brilliant to hear that it didnt go to bad! I hope it isnt too hard for the first few weeks, if you find yourself getting down or annoyed just come on TSR and complain and whine about it all to us

Lmao my work seem to love it when i went oiut the last night.. the pharmacist loves hearing all the gossip from my nights out and slutty friends and stuff lhahaha.
    Where is it you said you work full time?

(Original post by baztech)
    Just managed to read the last 2.5weeks of posts on this thread Been on hols and working FT to earn a living. Making me a dull boy..... Hope your all well.
    HAVENT TALKED TO YOU IN DONKEYS
    How was your holiday? Hope it was fun

(Original post by twelve)
    Haha, yayyy. Who needs a personal statement now!!?!

Hmm, I'm thinking a clothes shopping trip would be nice Ooo, which ones have you chosen?

And... did you get it? did you get it?
    Lancaster
    UEA (however thats subjective consindering i live in newcastle and East Anglia lives in Norwich... in the south east.... milliunz of miles away 0.o)
    QUB
    Aberdeen

Now just need to get that ****ing ps done. waaaaaaaaaaaaa
    I keep making a list of new stuff that i "need" in order to start my gap year.... feel sorry for th bf having to keep hear the list as it grows lmao

IN RESPONSE TO THE JOB QUERIES:

I took my little sis to the pics yesterday and my iphone started ringing in the middle of the pictures (and by ringing i mean quacking... my ringtone's a duck) and it was a private number and i trie dto answer it but couldnt hear a damn thing because The Smurfs 3D was so loud (great movie btw) so had to put the phone down and couldnt ring them back later as said phone call was a private number

KEEPING MY PHONE IN MY BRA IN ANTICIPATION ALL DAY. WILL NOT MISS THAT MOTHER****ING PHONE CALL AGAIN.

ReputationRep:
    Hope you got it!

Read the quote above about that :P

THAT IS BRILLINAT NEWS ABOUT THE BIO
    Unis will like you soooooooooo much more that youve only got to resit one subject! Chemistrys a ******* anyway so just make sure you rape dat module
    Got any ideas about which ones to apply to? 2/4 of mine youre allowed to be a resitter

God i havent talked to you in forever love?!

ReputationRep:
    Hope you got it!

Good luck chums
    Yayyyyy!!

Well done you Must be a weight off your mind! How've you been anyway? Feels like you've been gone for ages You belong on this thread

I took my little sis to the pics yesterday and my iphone started ringing in the middle of the pictures (and by ringing i mean quacking... my ringtone's a duck) and it was a private number and i trie dto answer it but couldnt hear a damn thing because The Smurfs 3D was so loud (great movie btw) so had to put the phone down and couldnt ring them back later as said phone call was a private number

KEEPING MY PHONE IN MY BRA IN ANTICIPATION ALL DAY. WILL NOT MISS THAT MOTHER****ING PHONE CALL AGAIN.
    OMG, sounds soo stressful. I'm sure you'll have got it. And you must come and tell us as soon as they tell you how amazing you are

ReputationRep:
    what issues are these exactly?

ReputationRep:
    A REALLY LONG POST

I still need to do my PS :/ Tweaked a whooole paragraph but i like god damn everything so dont wanna change anything! plus everytime i start i have a new reason for something that needs to be done before i can even think of starting the PS
    arghargharghargh

Plus getting mortal for each one of my friends last night outs before they head off to uni is causing me problems with concentration an dhow much time i have left in the day after all the hangovers. crazy.

Lmao why did you look on you tube for ukcat?
    WELL:
    Lancaster
    Aberdeen
    Belfast
    UEA (Maybe subject to change... who knows... i dont...)

Yourself?

You've still done more than me! But I'm slowly improving, I've even booked my ukcat! Got it on 24th! So I'm thinking I'm gonna have to do my ps before then :/ hahaha I'm having similar problems with concentration

Careers person at college told me there were these AMAZING videos on youtube that would help with AR but they were just so-so :/ I'm slowly improving though, I got 37/65 in practice questions in 600Q book... amazing compared to the 13/65 i got last year

I'm looking at Aberdeen and Lancaster too Thinking also St.A's and Cardiff. Poss trade glasgow in for one of the others if my ukcat is good although I highly doubt that Only time will tell... :O

Lmao loving the duck ringtone! I had mine as sheep before, but my friends stole my phone and deleted it Here's hoping you re-hear soon

ReputationRep:
    You've still done more than me! But I'm slowly improving, I've even booked my ukcat! Got it on 24th! So I'm thinking I'm gonna have to do my ps before then :/ hahaha I'm having similar problems with concentration
    Time is just flying by so quickly and I seem to be always doing things!! I'm away this week though and I'm taking my laptop and the 'Write the Perfect Personal Statement' book so hopefully I'll have a half decent draft by the end of the week *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    Hope you got it!

Good luck chums
    YAY!. Which module do you have to retake?
    I'm sure between the lot of us we'll remember enough if you need any help

Any idea's about where you're applying to?

A REALLY LONG POST

Ah well that's brilliant to hear that it didnt go to bad! I hope it isnt too hard for the first few weeks, if you find yourself getting down or annoyed just come on TSR and complain and whine about it all to us

Lmao my work seem to love it when i went oiut the last night.. the pharmacist loves hearing all the gossip from my nights out and slutty friends and stuff lhahaha.
    Where is it you said you work full time?

about the job. There should be a number on NHS jobs. Phone them up just explain that you were watching a film and i'm sure it'd be fine.
    I really hope you got it.

And yeah the night out was awesome, about the other thing, life happens I guess.
    But yeah work is amazing (I work in the microbiology labs) the people are awesome, I just wasn't looking forward to going in tired lol.

The night out was messy but fun. Awkward at times though.
    I guess there isn't much to tell about my nights out that people in work would want to hear about lol, can be a bit messy at times.
    Always a good giggle though.

I'm looking forward to starting on the bank soon too. just need to sort out when the training dates are.

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone doing?!

I have my Spanish access to uni exams on Saturday and then I have UKCAT and PS to work for and also I need to get back to my volunteer works!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    How is everyone doing?!

I have my Spanish access to uni exams on Saturday and then I have UKCAT and PS to work for and also I need to get back to my volunteer works!
    I need to send off my application.
    Want my mum to have a look at my ps again first though, to make sure it reads ok. (unlike the rest of us in wales she can read)

and I'm unsure as to whether to apply Barts or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinth)
    Time is just flying by so quickly and I seem to be always doing things!! I'm away this week though and I'm taking my laptop and the 'Write the Perfect Personal Statement' book so hopefully I'll have a half decent draft by the end of the week *fingers crossed*
    I know! As if it's September! What the hell! I'll have my fingers crossed for you Let me know if the book is helpful please! I can't decide whether to get one or not. I was absolutely gutted this afternoon. I actually sat down, stared at the screen for half an hour blankly, had a brain wave for what to write, wrote a nice big long paragraph... and what happens but the stupid computer crashes and loses it all I was too pissed off to go back to it earlier but I might give it a go in a bit seeing as my little sister now has control of the TV so other than watch Peppa Pig and have my brain turn to mush, I might go do some Wish me luck! lol

ReputationRep:
    I need to send off my application.
    Want my mum to have a look at my ps again first though, to make sure it reads ok. (unlike the rest of us in wales she can read)

and I'm unsure as to whether to apply Barts or not.
    I'm jealous of your organisation Where are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    I'm jealous of your organisation Where are you applying to?
    Leeds, glasgow, peninsula, probably barts i'm not sure about my chances with their new application system though . . .
    and medical genetics 4 year course at sheffield, because If I don't get into med, i've always loved genetics.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds, glasgow, peninsula, probably barts i'm not sure about my chances with their new application system though . . .
    and medical genetics 4 year course at sheffield, because If I don't get into med, i've always loved genetics.
    Ah genetics :love: Think that's going to be my fifth choice too although i got no idea where, I'm going to focus on the med stuff first

Ooh, by any chance do you know what ukcat you needed last year for glasgow? I'm looking at there come ukcat result, I'll probably not

ReputationRep:
    Ah genetics :love: Think that's going to be my fifth choice too although i got no idea where, I'm going to focus on the med stuff first

Ooh, by any chance do you know what ukcat you needed last year for glasgow? I'm looking at there come ukcat result, I'll probably not
    652.5 i think
    Sheffield actually looks awesome for genetics
    and it's the only place I can find that offers medical genetics as a 4 year course getting a masters at the end.
    And apparently the nightlife is spot on.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    652.5 i think
    Sheffield actually looks awesome for genetics
    and it's the only place I can find that offers medical genetics as a 4 year course getting a masters at the end.
    And apparently the nightlife is spot on.
    Can't wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Can't wait
    Haha yeah should be awesome for you.

You exited?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.