Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joemullally)
    Leeds, Barts and glasgow.

Also sheffield for med genetics.
    I like them choices! Too bad I can't apply to them :P

ReputationRep:
    Good news! My exams are over and they didn't go as good as they should have gone.. but its okay GAP YEAR starts tomorrow for me!! Going to start by donating blood for the first time because I never had time !!

Hope you are all good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    I like them choices! Too bad I can't apply to them :P
    why can't you apply to them?

ReputationRep:
    why can't you apply to them?
    because I am resitting :P so I can't go for any of the London ones or the Scottish ones and I really like Scotland!

ReputationRep:
    I prefer a weak nt to a strong nt even though both are limiting bids and you cant really say much afterwards.
    but yeah, I play. lol.
    Well I'm applying to Peninsula so maybe a couple of glasses of wine and a hand or two then.........................plu s one massive celebration if I get in this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    because I am resitting :P so I can't go for any of the London ones or the Scottish ones and I really like Scotland!
    ahh fair enough. . .
    Surely PMS is on the cards for you if you're a resitter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldbatty)
    Well I'm applying to Peninsula so maybe a couple of glasses of wine and a hand or two then.........................plu s one massive celebration if I get in this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    haha fair doo's.

I'm more the all out celebration type.

Even if i don't get in.
    Or really do anything.

I just like celebrating tbf.
    I mean, Who doesn't?

ReputationRep:
    ahh fair enough. . .
    Surely PMS is on the cards for you if you're a resitter?
    Yes yes and we both get in then we shall celebrate!! Which one you going for ? Or do you not get to choose a campus? (should have started researching this long time ago!)

ReputationRep:
    haha fair doo's.

I'm more the all out celebration type.

Even if i don't get in.
    Or really do anything.

I just like celebrating tbf.
    I mean, Who doesn't?
    You'll get in this time-your grades are good!

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes and we both get in then we shall celebrate!! Which one you going for ? Or do you not get to choose a campus? (should have started researching this long time ago!)
    They allocate you a campus but you can show a strong prefference and usually get away with it as far as I understand.

If I was to go there I think I'd start off in plymouth if I had the choice. Not sure though.

My auntie's from exeter and apparently it's a lovely place, but i've heard from other people that it's dead deer.
    But then again most places will be dead deer compared to home.

ReputationRep:
    They allocate you a campus but you can show a strong prefference and usually get away with it as far as I understand.

If I was to go there I think I'd start off in plymouth if I had the choice. Not sure though.

My auntie's from exeter and apparently it's a lovely place, but i've heard from other people that it's dead deer.
    Plymouth is cool -great sailing club!

ReputationRep:
    Plymouth is cool -great sailing club!
    I did sailing when I was little but i'm not really fussed about it now.
    Tbf Any uni I go to, I hope they have a decent rugby team.
    I love rugby and want to get back into it.

ReputationRep:

Yes I also want Plymouth, like if I could choose because apparently it's very nice So if you get 4 offers, which one would you choose?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I also want Plymouth, like if I could choose because apparently it's very nice So if you get 4 offers, which one would you choose?
    I'd just be grateful for one !

ReputationRep:
    Which others you going for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi_18)
    Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone here is starting biomedicine or pharmacy or another related course, but re-applying to medicine too? If so, how would you go about writing your personal statement? You'd need to explain why you chose to start another degree as opposed to taking a gap year right? Would be grateful for any advice, thanks
    yeah i'd like to know about that too
    So guys, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    It's a difficult one because part of me is still in love with Leeds from last year, and I like peninsula.
    The more I look at Barts the more i seem to be liking it
    And I've never met anyone less than lovely from Glasgow.
    I honestly would have no idea what to do if I got four offers.
    It'd probably be better for me to get rejected by three and get one offer and stick with it :P
    but seriously though i'd be happy to go to any of my choices.

ReputationRep:
    Which others you going for?
    Last year I got one offer and I was the happiest kid on the planet!! :P
    I am going for Liverpool, Lancaster, Peninsula and (start medical school here) :P I still need to decide on the last one depends on what UEA says about resit applicants.

It's a difficult one because part of me is still in love with Leeds from last year, and I like peninsula.
    The more I look at Barts the more i seem to be liking it
    And I've never met anyone less than lovely from Glasgow.
    I honestly would have no idea what to do if I got four offers.
    It'd probably be better for me to get rejected by three and get one offer and stick with it :P
    but seriously though i'd be happy to go to any of my choices.
    Having to choose where you are going to spend the next 5/6 years must be hard :P so yes one offer is more than enough and it stops you from having to overthink and choose a place!

ReputationRep:
    Last year I got one offer and I was the happiest kid on the planet!! :P
    I am going for Liverpool, Lancaster, Peninsula and (start medical school here) :P I still need to decide on the last one depends on what UEA says about resit applicants.

Having to choose where you are going to spend the next 5/6 years must be hard :P so yes one offer is more than enough and it stops you from having to overthink and choose a place!
    I completley agree.
    If I get more than one offer I'll probably hold my laptop up to a wall and throw like pencils or something, whichever it hits then that's where I'll chose.
    Or leave it to fate and have like a coin toss marathon . . .

I'm sure i'll consider it and i'm planning on sampling the night life wherever I get an interview the night after the interview, because it's not everything but it's still a big thing.
    After all I'm not going to be studying all the time and it is something we have to consider.
    Plus the feel of the city is important.
    I went to open days and really felt like I wouldn't fit in, the city just didn't feel right. y'know?

ReputationRep:
    I completley agree.
    If I get more than one offer I'll probably hold my laptop up to a wall and throw like pencils or something, whichever it hits then that's where I'll chose.
    Or leave it to fate and have like a coin toss marathon . . .

I'm sure i'll consider it and i'm planning on sampling the night life wherever I get an interview the night after the interview, because it's not everything but it's still a big thing.
    After all I'm not going to be studying all the time and it is something we have to consider.
    Plus the feel of the city is important.
    I went to open days and really felt like I wouldn't fit in, the city just didn't feel right. y'know?
    Yes that happened to me in Edinburgh like I liked it but I can't imagine being 6 years there it was just weird. Well, this time round (if I get any interviews) I will be 18 so I should be sampling the nightlife as well and not only the shopping like last year! :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2012
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.