Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    x
    (Original post by joemullally)
    this friend thing all feels a bit inbetweeners . . .
    Still a good idea!.

we are so cool

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty funny today, at my work experience.

I was busy explaining to one of the house officers learning surgery that I was busy taking a gap year, and she says in return "Oh, that's what I did too, but of course that was because I was too you to apply to medicine".

I'm just like FML!! lol

ReputationRep:
    . . .

Hahah, yeahh, I am so not ready to grow up :/

It does make perfect sense - I literally feel exactly the same. Well, at least there's someone else in the same boat! I think that was partly what was getting me down as well - knowing that I can't call anybody and they'll say yeah me too. But you guys!
    Yeah the thing is all my friends are like, oh but youre so lucky to take a gap year plus you're going to get in so there's nothing to worry about and my parents are like, yes but this time next year you'll be the one going to uni

and im like... gee that's swell but WHAT THE **** AM I GOING TO DO IN SAID GAP YEAR BEFORE THE UNI PART

everyone just blocks out the:
    all your friends are at uni. not here. with you. a bus ride away.
    You cant party with said friends when you want to go out drinking
    youre gna be working looooads
    ****ing med interviews?!?!
    you're not at uni when you WANT to be at uni... but to do that you'd have to do a course that would make you not want to be at uni... it's a vicious cycle :P

But hey ho, we've got each other you ***** about it to :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    Yeah the thing is all my friends are like, oh but youre so lucky to take a gap year plus you're going to get in so there's nothing to worry about and my parents are like, yes but this time next year you'll be the one going to uni

and im like... gee that's swell but WHAT THE **** AM I GOING TO DO IN SAID GAP YEAR BEFORE THE UNI PART

you're not at uni when you WANT to be at uni... but to do that you'd have to do a course that would make you not want to be at uni... it's a vicious cycle :P

Oh god, exactlyyyy.

ReputationRep:

We should all get together and have one massive "We got rejected and are now having gap years and don't know what to do with our time" party!!

hmmm... I'll let myself out.

ReputationRep:

Oh god, exactlyyyy.

Freshers week will be good for meeting people though, the one for the uni next to mee is like a week and a bit away.
    There I will assemble a team of the finest livers in the world. And we shall drink like none before us have . . .

Oh and do med interviews
    and travel loads to get to the interviews
    and work
    and try and help people on here.
    and volunteer
    and work some more
    and ***** about life on here
    and get a rejection then nearly have a breakdown
    ***** some more on here
    get and offer and then wait for about 6 months
    oh did I mention working a little more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limesasquatch)
    We should all get together and have one massive "We got rejected and are now having gap years and don't know what to do with our time" party!!

Good Idea.

As long as it's not during work time lol.

ReputationRep:

YOU ARE NEW THEREFORE YOU CANNOT JOIN OUR GROUP :getmecoat:

Hah i joke, ofc you can, the only credentials of the group are that you are:

a) a medicine reapplicant
    b) a TSR user (we know and preferably like :P)
    c) Not an old man
    d) or a paedophile
    e) really pessimistic about everything

fair enough aye?

we should have said party on a night out at an open day

ReputationRep:
    Freshers week will be good for meeting people though, the one for the uni next to mee is like a week and a bit away.
    There I will assemble a team of the finest livers in the world. And we shall drink like none before us have . . .

Oh and do med interviews
    and travel loads to get to the interviews
    and work
    and try and help people on here.
    and volunteer
    and work some more
    and ***** about life on here
    and get a rejection then nearly have a breakdown
    ***** some more on here
    get and offer and then wait for about 6 months
    oh did I mention working a little more?

I get to go to Northumbria, newcastle and sunderland freshers weeks :P

Don't think the freshers i meet will like me once they discover i lied to them about being a freshers though :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:

c) Not an old man
    d) or a paedophile

fair enough aye?

Again I'm gonna have to hide my zimmer frame, Damn.

Since open day season is basically over lets hope we all get an interview on the same day or something.

ReputationRep:
    Again I'm gonna have to hide my zimmer frame, Damn.

Since open day season is basically over lets hope we all get an interview on the same day or something.
    That was a fake facebook profile that you just created wasn't it :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    I get to go to Northumbria, newcastle and sunderland freshers weeks :P

Don't think the freshers i meet will like me once they discover i lied to them about being a freshers though :getmecoat:
    Nahh, you're a happy person, they'll love you.
    I'm just going to Bangor freshers, should be good. I really hope the people will be allright. I need to make sure they're all lovely and stuff. and of course that they can handle their beer.

ReputationRep:
    That was a fake facebook profile that you just created wasn't it :eyeball:
    Can't you see I have a different face in every photo?

Seriously though my hair changes too much though, one minute it's long then it's short.

ReputationRep:

c) Not an old man
    d) or a paedophile

fair enough aye?

a) Check!
    b) Check! Everyone loves me! (ahem, ignore the rep (or did I just bring it to your attention? Damnit lol (<-- see the lol, optimistic!)), that's totes because some people don't get my hilarious internet sarcasm)
    c) I'm 18 and a man though still, though I still need to show my ID
    d) I can show you my internet history if that will prove I'm and adultphile.
    e) I'M GOING TO GET IN THIS YEAR!! YEAHH!!! AND I'M GONNA DO THE MEDECINE!

I say newcastle, apazza their nights out are mint (not why I applied there last year though! (oh, they said that in the interview and I was like "OMGZ I didn't know that 'til my dentist said it had good nightlife, AFTER I applied))

yeah, so anyway...

Edit: I thought you meant aren't pessimistic... hmmm I'm really sorry, I'm scared, I'm really scared And I also apologise in advance for being really weird.

ReputationRep:
    a) Check!
    b) Check! Everyone loves me! (ahem, ignore the rep (or did I just bring it to your attention? Damnit lol (<-- see the lol, optimistic!)), that's totes because some people don't get my hilarious internet sarcasm)

I say newcastle, apazza their nights out are mint (not why I applied there last year though! (oh, they said that in the interview and I was like "OMGZ I didn't know that 'til my dentist said it had good nightlife, AFTER I applied))

yeah, so anyway...

Edit: I thought you meant aren't pessimistic... hmmm I'm really sorry, I'm scared, I'm really scared And I also apologise in advance for being really weird.
    It was all going so well . . .

:getmecoat:

Nahh you seem just about weird enough to belong.

ReputationRep:
    a) Check!

yeah, so anyway...

I gave you pos rep to balance out the random neg

Haha yeah I guess you'll be fine for joining our sexy crew nah don't worry all medics are weird so you're half way there

So what you doing in your gap year and where you applying/what's your ukcat? And what's with all the neg rep?

ReputationRep:
    a) Check!

yeah, so anyway...

Also dont apologise to the haters

ReputationRep:

this.
    all of this.
    exactly what im thinking its ****

ReputationRep:
    I gave you pos rep to balance out the random neg

Haha yeah I guess you'll be fine for joining our sexy crew nah don't worry all medics are weird so you're half way there

So what you doing in your gap year and where you applying/what's your ukcat? And what's with all the neg rep?
    Did you notice I gave you one too? teehee...

The F1's I 'hung' around with on my experience have always sometimes been funny, easy going people, it seems quite a contrast to some of the consultants, I don't know if its the time or the responsibility that builds them (or w.e, I've stopped understanding myself too)

My gap year, ahhh. Well here's the plan...

- Finish my PS and send it to about a hundred people for feedback
    - Apply
    - Go to this orphanage in SA near Jo'burg (OMFG I so excited!) for like 3/4 weeks
    - Endure some more work at a disabled school (which pays too well for what I do) to earn money and have something to talk about in my interview
    - Go on holiday to somewhere like Australia!!! not that I can afford it though...
    - Endure some more SJA as I don't do anything at my meetings lol
    - My referee course! Just remembered that, I'm a be a ref soon
    Oh, and, urrr, party a lot? yeah that.

I'm thinking about Cardiff, and Manchester and Newcastle. My UKCAT was 675 so I'm not too sure about Newcastle I only got a C in my fourth/forth subject so that rules out most places as they all now want a B, a goddamn B!! WHY didn't I try harder???

How about your gap year? Give me some inspiration please.
    Also would you mind telling me where thoust applying? And your UKCAT please

And guess what? I DON'T apologise for how extremely long my reply is

ReputationRep:
    Oh my that's so weird i had a little cry to my bf about it on monday because i was reall sad that my friends were leaving and they'd be making new friends and i wouldnt be making new friends therefore will not be as good friends with them because of said new friends.

Plus i dont know if its just me or is anyone elses friends who are going to uni changing? Mine have completely changed in the run up to university :/
    Mine have quite a bit A few have stayed the same, but loads just are too busy to meet up, preparing for uni, visiting accomodation and stuff. And some are ridiculously uncontatable :/ And I know exactly what you mean about the friend thing, it better not happen though! If it does I will not be amused and will probably complain on here about it

Also, anyone know if there's a reapplicants group on facebook? Just thought we should all share facebooks, and through the group might be the best way to do it
    Love the facebook idea

Im really worried about what everyone is doing in their gap year... loads of people seem pretty sorted ie. have job(s), have something interesting planned to do and then theres me with "get a job" :/

Anyone else who's on the 'get a job' stage, what are you writting in your personal statement about your gap year? Atm I really have nothing except get a job :/ My mums pregnant atm so I've sort of ruled out travelling cause well by the time I get money the baby will be realllly young and my dads away on a course and stuff urgh why is the deadline 15th oct... could they not extended it to like Jan cause they like us reapplicants sooooo much better

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.