Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, if any of you want a bit of cheering up - at least you all have the option to reapply. I actually had an AAB offer this year, but went and ****ed up and got BBB so now i'm gona shoot for GEM and hope for the best =/

so yeah... nothing is lost. All of you still stand a chance

ReputationRep:
    Ah shoot, 620 on UKCAT

7 A*s 4As at GCSE and AAAa at A level. Where can I apply and hope to get an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joemullally)
    I kept starting at it for months going NOOOOOOOO

but in IT I used to sit by the pc going "Give me Offer"
    it was mainly to piss of steve the pirate (my ICT teacher, who also played a bit part in dodgeball.)
    Haha I believe I did the same for a while (asking the computer to give me an offer) . If only it had worked :daydreaming:

(Original post by atomos)
    schedule it soon!!!

i went on the pearson view thing to reschedule mine to the week after and there are no more dates left, ****.
    Sorry about that :console:

Not too bothered tbh. Worse case scenario: might have to travel a bit to sit the exam. More concerned about feeling adequately prepared first.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone suggest any good UKCAT prep books?

Been using the "600 UKCAT questions" one but I think I'd like another as well. Cheers much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobia_s)
    Haha I believe I did the same for a while (asking the computer to give me an offer) . If only it had worked :daydreaming:

Not too bothered tbh. Worse case scenario: might have to travel a bit to sit the exam. More concerned about feeling adequately prepared first.
    Ah yes, i forgot there are other test centres, genuinely did, might go see if i can sit mine somewhere else haha

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone :hi:

I'm sure some of you remember me I've been off for a while, doing a fair bit of thinking and seeing to some other things. I'm not sure how it's taken me almost 4 weeks to get back on here though :eek:

I've decided i will reapply for medicine (i ended up with ABB on results day). I am reapplying with extenuating circumstances.

Obviously this will mean resitting in January, so i have a fair bit of revision to look forward to in the next few months. I've got my UKCAT booked for Tuesday, and i imagine i'll submit my application right after that. I scored an average of 687.5 on my UKCAT last year, although i certainly hope to improve on that this time around (i am a year older and hopefully wiser too)

Looking to apply to Newcastle (provided they say i can after they've assessed the evidence of mitigating circumstances i sent them), KCL (they said i would be at a disadvantage because i am resitting), Norwich (UEA) and Liverpool. For my fifth choice i am thinking of biomed at Newcastle.

I haven't done anything on the personal statement front, although i obvously have last years to sort of reword and add to.

Anyone want to fill me in on whats been going on round here (i did try and glance over 30 pages, but its hard work when you've been awake for as long as i have )? Also anything to do with UCAS/the UKCAT that has changed or that i should be aware of?

I'm on board for this year :dancing: (unless off course the UKCAT is a disaster but lets no go there eh...)

EDIT: I'm also going to be doing a job completely unrelated to medicine. How should i best word this on my personal statement, and will it be a disadvantage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobia_s)

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good, find it now Vulpy :P

Ahh if only, if only.

Also, tonight I won learner of the year - outstanding achievement from college.
    Should look shiny on my reference.
    It's basically not the full learner of the year (went to a girl from forensic science for the A level dept as they're the same tutors and dept etc.)
    but it's like a most improved type thingy.

Plus they gave me a hundered quid, I'm not complaining :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    Hi everyone :hi:

I'm sure some of you remember me I've been off for a while, doing a fair bit of thinking and seeing to some other things. I'm not sure how it's taken me almost 4 weeks to get back on here though :eek:

I've decided i will reapply for medicine (i ended up with ABB on results day). I am reapplying with extenuating circumstances.

Obviously this will mean resitting in January, so i have a fair bit of revision to look forward to in the next few months. I've got my UKCAT booked for Tuesday, and i imagine i'll submit my application right after that. I scored an average of 687.5 on my UKCAT last year, although i certainly hope to improve on that this time around (i am a year older and hopefully wiser too)

Looking to apply to Newcastle (provided they say i can after they've assessed the evidence of mitigating circumstances i sent them), KCL (they said i would be at a disadvantage because i am resitting), Norwich (UEA) and Liverpool. For my fifth choice i am thinking of biomed at Newcastle.

I haven't done anything on the personal statement front, although i obvously have last years to sort of reword and add to.

Anyone want to fill me in on whats been going on round here (i did try and glance over 30 pages, but its hard work when you've been awake for as long as i have )? Also anything to do with UCAS/the UKCAT that has changed or that i should be aware of?

I'm on board for this year :dancing: (unless off course the UKCAT is a disaster but lets no go there eh...)

EDIT: I'm also going to be doing a job completely unrelated to medicine. How should i best word this on my personal statement, and will it be a disadvantage?
    Ahh thats good news Which subjects are you resitting? We're all willing to help with revision I'm sure

About your job - you won't be at a disadvantage. What matters is experience (which you'll have in your work experience) and just getting a job shows social responsibility because you are earning money (to help with university costs) and you'll also just get experience having a full time job, and working as an adult. Lots of things you can talk about about that - it just means you don't get the added bonus of work experience and a job at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baztech)
    Scary, your choices in your sig are the EXACT same to mine, teetering between Aber/Edin also, think I am going for Edin even though I will be slightly disadvantaged due to the fact they factor in school grades even though I'm a grad.

I presume your a Scots girl :cool: Hear Aberdeen and Edinburgh have made it 9K per year tuition fees for English/Welsh and N.I applicants, great news for me being a scotsman....sorry everyone else. :rolleyes:

P.S GBman got his place via the waiting list I think! Aberdeen if I recall (?) the place is not quite the same without him
    Hey! yes I am Scottish yes so i hear! pretty mad! i wonder if the number of applications will go down or not? time will tell!

wow thats great news about GBman, he was quite the legend around here last year haha. have you resat your ukcat yet? and i have decided to go for aberdeen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCosmo)
    I'd quite like to know how it compares aswell
    Haha, I know what people mean about everyone else going to uni :P
    bit of a gutter but won't matter if you get in this year :P
    I'm in a weird situation this year as I didn't get any offers last year, but then got sick and couldn't sit any of my exams so I need to do them this year! :P
    Not so bad though as I'm Scottish so already got the entry req. in 5th year, apart from bio, still a bit annoying that I still need to do exams this year though :P
    yes that is a bit of a bummer! all the best though

ReputationRep:
    AAB.

2 UMS away from an A* in bio. 3 UMS away from an A in chem. AAB might as well be BBC or CCC, considering now I can't apply to a single A100 medical school.

Screeew the system, maaaaaaaaaan.

ReputationRep:
    hi, since the resitter thread is so dead im gonna join this 1, if only i was just a plain reapplicant..ahh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786girl)
    hi, since the resitter thread is so dead im gonna join this 1, if only i was just a plain reapplicant..ahh
    Don't mind me asking but which Unis accept resits outside the normal 2 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tzarchasm)
    AAB.

2 UMS away from an A* in bio. 3 UMS away from an A in chem. AAB might as well be BBC or CCC, considering now I can't apply to a single A100 medical school.

did you remark???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    did you remark???
    Yup. Got it this morning and it stayed the same. I'm really disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Got it this morning and it stayed the same. I'm really disappointed.
    What's your plan now? Keep your head up dude
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    AAB.

Ahhh man :console:

Sticking with QM Biomed then? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Ahhh man :console:

Sticking with QM Biomed then? :erm:
    Nah. I've decided to apply for the foundation courses, whilst knowing that they are even more difficult to get into. I'm also looking at Unis that accept resits but so far I can't seem to find any. The ones that did have now changed their policies.

Feeling really down at the moment. I felt confident when I came out of my exams so when I got my results and found out I was virtually 1 raw mark away from an A* in biology and 2 raw marks away from an A in chemistry then maybe I'd have a good chance at remarking and getting A*AA. I've already booked my UKCAT, done extra voluntary work and was continuously updating my personal statement.

Times are tough at the moment.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Nah. I've decided to apply for the foundation courses, whilst knowing that they are even more difficult to get into. I'm also looking at Unis that accept resits but so far I can't seem to find any. The ones that did have now changed their policies.

Feeling really down at the moment. I felt confident when I came out of my exams so when I got my results and found out I was virtually 1 raw mark away from an A* in biology and 2 raw marks away from an A in chemistry then maybe I'd have a good chance at remarking and getting A*AA. I've already booked my UKCAT, done extra voluntary work and was continuously updating my personal statement.

They have? Could you link me to the info? (the wiki will need updating)

Yeah can't imagine things would be easy but at least you haven't given up. Which foundation year courses do you think you'll go for?

Hopefully you'll get in but is there a back up plan? :erm:

ReputationRep:

Lacaster, Liverpool, Southampton, UEA, BSMS and Peninsula all accept resit applicants.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2012

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.