Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult but you've just got to keep going.
    I'm reapplying and have no idea whether i will get in this year.
    My grades are good enough and so is my ukcat but the truth is you can never tell.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by twelve)
    Wow, thats very efficient!

Quite pleased at the moment - planning a trip to the Newcastle open day next saturday. Is pretty lucky that I decided I wanted it to look at it, and just happens there's an open day So probably going to book a hotel/hostel/b&b for friday night and have a fun few hours on the train there and back :|

Going on my own though... oh the independence!
    Get used to the independence.. you're a reapplicant now.. you'll learn to love the new freedoms now you're out of school (though not sure if you're in work yet?)

I know I used to just go away for a few days to travel.. just because :lol:

Make the most of this year

(Original post by laurenl93)
    THE STALKING THREAD IS ALREADY LIVE?!

Damn, this **** is gettin' serious.

You better believe it

(Original post by Quackers93)
    x
    I think I like you better when you were a duck :sad:
    (Original post by atomos)
    someone wanna pick 2 unis for me out of st andrews / dundee / glasgow?

thanks
    I'll have to say glasgow since my gf goes there.. but wherever

(Original post by joemullally)
    Yo guys, What have I missed?
    So much **** :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I didn't think I even had an accent :P
    Loving the blog Twelve! How did you find creating the video, not nervous???

(Original post by atomos)
    someone wanna pick 2 unis for me out of st andrews / dundee / glasgow?

thanks
    All 3, I'm applying to those 3

BTW you applying to all Scottish ones too? I take it you found out its brutal for us to apply to English uni's too. Even for me as a graduate its cheaper for me to do the 5 year course in scotland rather then fast track courses. Unless theres funding somewhere I don't know about.

(Original post by joemullally)
    Yo guys, What have I missed?
    Quackers got an ace score on UKCAT, not sure what else. I bought a new tie.

How was your trip?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Get used to the independence.. you're a reapplicant now.. you'll learn to love the new freedoms now you're out of school (though not sure if you're in work yet?)

I know I used to just go away for a few days to travel.. just because :lol:

Make the most of this year
    This is good fatherly advice! But yeah, I'm sure I will - just strange getting used to it

(Original post by baztech)
    Well, not when I was making it... I was just sat in my room talking :P

ReputationRep:
    I think I like you better when you were a duck :sad:
    :ashamed2: I'm thinking on changing back you know It doesn't feel right not having a duck by my side in every post

...Psyduck I chose you! :cool:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    @twelve: fatherly advice?
    Makes me feel old

@quackers: psyduck is a bit better :yep:
    Though what's with the sudden pokemon madness?

Sorry for lack of quotes guys.. This is what medicine in society lectures are for.. Tsring on your phone

ReputationRep:
    Makes me feel old

Sorry for lack of quotes guys.. This is what medicine in society lectures are for.. Tsring on your phone
    I recently re-discovered my pokemon sliver game so I've been playing it a fair bit lately haha Oh and on the stalking thread is it just anybody who updates it? Cause I have a lot of spare time on my hands atm so I may aswell be productive and helpful

ReputationRep:
    Makes me feel old

Haha, okay, how does big brother sound?

ReputationRep:

BTW you applying to all Scottish ones too? I take it you found out its brutal for us to apply to English uni's too. Even for me as a graduate its cheaper for me to do the 5 year course in scotland rather then fast track courses. Unless theres funding somewhere I don't know about.
    I need to narrow those three down to 2 because Edinburgh and Aberdeen are definitely my other two, but I'm so indecisive
    I want a good nightlife = Glasgow & Dundee
    I don't want to stay in Dundee = St Andrews & Glasgow
    My UKCAT is a bit risky = Dundee and St Andrews

But yeah, only Scottish uni's are an option for me! No clue about any funding for that, you're probs just best sticking to Scottish unis.

ReputationRep:

Quackers got an ace score on UKCAT, not sure what else. I bought a new tie.

How was your trip?
    my trip was ok, I'm now ill and have had to take the day off work, which I feel bad about because mondays can be busy.

Nooice.
    and nice one quackers.
    Shiny new tie?

ReputationRep:
    anyone else here have no job, and no real chance of getting one anytime soon? I hope i'm not the only wasteman reapplicant around

ReputationRep:
    Suppose I better introduce myself to this thread how is everyone's gap year going?

I'm very nervous about applying and have been ocmpletely obsessing over where to choose, but I think it's gonna be HYMS, Manchester, UEA and Liverpool. Gotta finalise my personal statement slightly, but hope to have my application sent off this week :eek:

Good luck to everyone on this thread! We all deserve it so much more than those first-timers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJHERBZ)
    Suppose I better introduce myself to this thread how is everyone's gap year going?

I'm very nervous about applying and have been ocmpletely obsessing over where to choose, but I think it's gonna be HYMS, Manchester, UEA and Liverpool. Gotta finalise my personal statement slightly, but hope to have my application sent off this week :eek:

Good luck to everyone on this thread! We all deserve it so much more than those first-timers...
    Yes! we sure do.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I kinda need help deciding which unis to apply to.
    Last year I applied to Oxford, UCL, Kings and Southampton. Got interviews at Oxford and UCL and rejected. I got rejected from King's with no interview and rejected from Southampton (don't interview).

This year I'm defo applying to King's as I love it and have a much better UKCAT score.
    My parents really want me to go to Cambridge and are kind of pushy. I would rather apply to Imperial but then again it's just as hard no? Others on my list are Barts, Nottingham and Southampton again (as I'll be doing work experience there....
    AHHHHH IM SO CONFUSED.
    What do you think? Also I decided I'd steer clear of Scotland due to the whole fees issue. I am EU so I wouldn't pay anything but then I take it there will be SOOOOO many people applying from the EU and it seems a bit dangerous.

Anyways all my info is in my signature... any ideas or tips? Also what do they look for in your personal statement about your gap year? What will I need to change? I'll be doing work experience/ volunteering, some travelling and just doing general things I'll have time to do such as learn how to drive, improve my French (I live in france), tutoring and maybe I'll find myself a job.

Basically...HELP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    anyone else here have no job, and no real chance of getting one anytime soon? I hope i'm not the only wasteman reapplicant around
    Don't worry not having a job doesn't mean that your application is any weake than those with current jobs!

Btw, what kind of jobs are you looking for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaz51)
    You have given me the impression that you too have poor grades in the EPQ ( i am sorry if i am wrong)... and yes i kind of agree with you, my epq grades may give unis a reason if they want to reject me. but i shall stay optimistic!
    its not poor but its not great either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaStacks)
    Hey everyone, I kinda need help deciding which unis to apply to.
    Last year I applied to Oxford, UCL, Kings and Southampton. Got interviews at Oxford and UCL and rejected. I got rejected from King's with no interview and rejected from Southampton (don't interview).

This year I'm defo applying to King's as I love it and have a much better UKCAT score.
    My parents really want me to go to Cambridge and are kind of pushy. I would rather apply to Imperial but then again it's just as hard no? Others on my list are Barts, Nottingham and Southampton again (as I'll be doing work experience there....
    AHHHHH IM SO CONFUSED.
    What do you think? Also I decided I'd steer clear of Scotland due to the whole fees issue. I am EU so I wouldn't pay anything but then I take it there will be SOOOOO many people applying from the EU and it seems a bit dangerous.

Anyways all my info is in my signature... any ideas or tips? Also what do they look for in your personal statement about your gap year? What will I need to change? I'll be doing work experience/ volunteering, some travelling and just doing general things I'll have time to do such as learn how to drive, improve my French (I live in france), tutoring and maybe I'll find myself a job.

Basically...HELP!
    With a UKCAT like yours, have you not considered Sheffield? Or Leeds?

And again, with a UKCAT like yours, I wouldn't do the BMAT. Whats the point when you know your UKCAT is good enough to get you an interview at most of the UKCAT places?

ReputationRep:
    With a UKCAT like yours, have you not considered Sheffield? Or Leeds?

And again, with a UKCAT like yours, I wouldn't do the BMAT. Whats the point when you know your UKCAT is good enough to get you an interview at most of the UKCAT places?
    Sorry to butt in, but I felt like this last year. I had a much better UKCAT score than I do this year and that made me change my choices to all UKCAT ones rather than my original plan of applying for a BMAT one. Although I would have liked to been made an offer last year, in some ways I'm glad I get to reapply. You should apply to ones you know you have a better chance, but you should also apply to places where you want to go. If one is a BMAT one then definitely give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    HEY Y'ALL!
    just sat my ukcat and am really pissed off with the staff there, they were unbelievably loud and couldn't concentrate on my VR section so I ended up getting 590 in that section where i normally perform best!
    AR-660
    QR-690
    DA-860

average of 700. Is this a good score and where can i apply with it?

ReputationRep:
    can't quite decide where to go!

well I know Newcastle and Glasgow for definite but I'm struggling to decide between Manchester, Peninsula or Imperial. :rolleyes:

I got 730 average on my UKCAT so my head says Manchester and Peninsula but I really love Imperial. Applied there last year but just missed in stupid section 3 of the BMAT, they told me to apply again but I can't make up my mind if its worth the risk!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.