Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seb)
    How come? I think I should meet the cutoff (675) but I'm not sure what other factors are taken into account (other than meeting academci requirements). Perhaps this could help me assess my chances
    Think carefully about the cutoff someone apparently said admissions had recommended 670 but there are so many high ukcat applicants I'm worried and I have 695. It's not a national average it's top 800

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    Well, I really don't feel like working on my personal statement today....
    Same here...

Aaah why does there have to silly limit to how many lines you can have :confused: Characters i can understand, but lines?...

ReputationRep:
    still 760 characters to cut out of my personal statement. I really want to get UCAS sorted by tomorrow, so i can finally settle down with revision for january and try and find out where my job application has gotten to...

By the way, East Anglia was brilliant yesterday (technically it was the day before yesterday). It was a good 5 hours getting there, but it was worth it. I loved the campus and the med school. We even got to look around the hospital and play around with some of the equipment the medical students use Sports facilities are spot on too. I would absolutely bite their hand off if i got an offer

UEA open day >>> any other uni's open day :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaStacks)
    If you had to pick between Barts or Nottingham which would you go for? Throw Southampton in that mix as well.
    With your grades, definitely go for Barts if you want to guarantee yourself an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaStacks)
    If you had to pick between Barts or Nottingham which would you go for? Throw Southampton in that mix as well.
    Go for Barts and Nottingham - Southampton are heavily reliant on PS

ReputationRep:
    finally got an hca job!

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 A*s one A and a ukcat average of 640 any ideas where I should apply?

ReputationRep:
    Filling out my 'Choices' on UCAS.... omg! so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjaturtle)
    finally got an hca job!
    Well done

I wish i had a job...

(Original post by areyousure?)
    Filling out my 'Choices' on UCAS.... omg! so nervous!
    I know right :eek: I have one line to lob off my personal statement :rolleyes:, and then i'll be filling out my choices too. It's terrifying, you have to quadruple-check everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    Well done

I wish i had a job...

I know right :eek: I have one line to lob off my personal statement :rolleyes:, and then i'll be filling out my choices too. It's terrifying, you have to quadruple-check everything
    I know My personal statement is not even finished yet!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what med schools particularly like gappers? Like for instance give you more points before the interview stage therefore your more likely to get an interview?

Especially out of these where is a gapper likely to have a better chance? (687.5ukcat, A*AAAc Alevels, 6A*s, 5As GCSE)
    Manchester
    Sheffield
    Leeds
    Newcastle
    Bristol
    Southampton
    any Scottish med schools

ReputationRep:
    Oh... my... god.

Just rang Newcastle up, and found out they won't let me reapply. This after sending evidence from GP to them and waiting for over a month and not hearing anything at all.

it might have been nice if they'd at least emailed me back and told me earlier :rolleyes:

Need another choice now, somewhere you can apply with resits?

So far, i have KCL (they'll consider me), UEA and Liverpool. Any ideas anyone?

EDIT: Wait, it looks like lancaster is linked to liverpool with the same entry requirements? Does that mean i can apply to both liverpool and lancaster and have 2x the chance, or does it count as one med school? Desperate times...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozca)
    Guys, what med schools particularly like gappers? Like for instance give you more points before the interview stage therefore your more likely to get an interview?

Especially out of these where is a gapper likely to have a better chance? (687.5ukcat, A*AAAc Alevels, 6A*s, 5As GCSE)
    Manchester
    Sheffield
    Leeds
    Newcastle
    Bristol
    Southampton
    any Scottish med schools
    Bristol Sheffield Leeds Newcastle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    Oh... my... god.

Just rang Newcastle up, and found out they won't let me reapply. This after sending evidence from GP to them and waiting for over a month and not hearing anything at all.

it might have been nice if they'd at least emailed me back and told me earlier :rolleyes:

Need another choice now, somewhere you can apply with resits?

So far, i have KCL (they'll consider me), UEA and Liverpool. Any ideas anyone?

EDIT: Wait, it looks like lancaster is linked to liverpool with the same entry requirements? Does that mean i can apply to both liverpool and lancaster and have 2x the chance, or does it count as one med school? Desperate times...
    I think you can apply to Lancaster and Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldbatty)
    Bristol Sheffield Leeds Newcastle
    Thanks, whats made you say this (first hand experience/friend's experience, their website or phonecalls etc) or was this just a guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozca)
    Thanks, whats made you say this (first hand experience/friend's experience, their website or phonecalls etc) or was this just a guess?
    I have a friend just starting at Bristol and I visited the others and thought they were great places to go.

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I am so stressed, i haven't applied yet and i really don't like my personal statement, do you think the way it reads is very important? because i have lots of content and it has been cut down so it reads very blunty, i've tried rephrasing stuff but it's difficult advice?
    also do people talk about the gap year from the beginning? i only talked about mine towards the end....

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me how I have gained 8 characters by copying my statement from Word to UCAS?

There aren't even that many paragraphs for it to be that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superG123)
    I am so stressed, i haven't applied yet and i really don't like my personal statement, do you think the way it reads is very important? because i have lots of content and it has been cut down so it reads very blunty, i've tried rephrasing stuff but it's difficult advice?
    also do people talk about the gap year from the beginning? i only talked about mine towards the end....
    I feel like that too!! I think the most important thing is that you have it all there, then it's how you talk about it. But damn is it difficult to explain everything! Like do you say "Yeah, I totes have got empathy" or do you say "I understand what BLAH blah blah..."

I know that this probably didn't help you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superG123)
    I really wouldn't worry - I know exactly how you feel with regards to the p/s. Trying to get everything in there is impossible. So what I say is include what you think universities will appreciate, and leave the rest to them.

Last year I was so happy with my personal statement, read it back a year on and was literally :mad: as to why anyone let me submit it.

We'll never be happy with it - it means too much for anyone to be like 'yeah that's enough' - so I just say do your best, and leave it at that

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2012

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.