Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by dariadaphne)
    We'll see how we'll act in a year's time We'll probably have :sexface: all over this forum :laugh:

I knew it would :sexface: That's why I used it :sexface: And why I'm using it again and again :sexface: Because I'm hoping that if you find something about BSMS, you'll tell me :sexface:

Aaw :cry: I really thought you knew almost everything (this is me trying to make you find out stuff ) But no worries, I'll find out :cyber: Why didn't you think about it ? :confused:

I found another funny emote :begone: It's just lovely :rolleyes:
    I wouldn't be surprised if these start appearing about christmas time: :perv: :hubba: :coma: :sogood:

:lol:
    Don't worry.. if I find anything out about BSMS I'll tell you.. but I can't see it happening since I have no need to look for info :dontknow:
    Though I have some work on the stalking page planned which could see me learning about BSMS so may find stuff out when I get around to it :yep:

I don't know tbh.. I just never thought about it :dontknow:
    I suppose my choices were a little impulsive, I knew I wanted to go to Barts and the London, and that I would apply to Sheffield, but didn't know about the other two.. in retrospect with a bit more knowledge I'd have gone for Newcastle instead of Keele :yep:

Btw a word of advice about emotes, when I've quoted you you seem to be using this coding: [s]sexface[/s] (as it appears on the screen, not when you quote me).. when you learn the words they use you can use the emote by just putting the word inbetween colons ie [s]sexface[/s] :fyi:
    EDIT: how strange.. the second one on here is written inbetween colons but it auto changes it for [s] etc :hmmmm:

(Original post by twelve)
    Haha, on the open day, there was a bus that ran between the two campuses. Me and my friend thought that must mean that they were quite far apart. Then we looked on the map, decided to walk it and beat the bus.

Very silly.
    :lol:
    I'm not surprised.. they probably didn't want anyone getting run over and suing them for lots of moneys :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    I'd be more than with sheffield tbh, few friends there. Doing a resit in my 4th A level so I'll probably apply to the ones that accept resits but I'm not really going to be too optimistic about it .
    Worth a try certainly - and if you do really well on the UKcat it will be easier.

Students do seem to love Sheffield - it's where we live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother2)
    Worth a try certainly - and if you do really well on the UKcat it will be easier.

Students do seem to love Sheffield - it's where we live.
    Yea, i think i can do well, if i try enough

it'd definitely be my 2nd choice to Leeds just based on social life. One of my best friends goes there but she'll be in her 3rd year when I'm in my first tho she's 17 right now lol. Thanks for that information .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Yea, i think i can do well, if i try enough

it'd definitely be my 2nd choice to Leeds just based on social life. One of my best friends goes there but she'll be in her 3rd year when I'm in my first tho she's 17 right now lol. Thanks for that information .
    Wait. How is it possible that she is in third year and is 17. I am a bit confused.

I thought you had to be at least 18 when you start the first year of university.

That would just not be possible. Unless she is decreasing in age. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestar101)
    Wait. How is it possible that she is in third year and is 17. I am a bit confused.

I thought you had to be at least 18 when you start the first year of university.

That would just not be possible. Unless she is decreasing in age. Lol.
    one of my friends started uni when she was 16
    a lot of my friends will be only 17 this year when they go

ReputationRep:
    my 600 questions ukcat book came today, gonna nail the ******* this time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tome27)
    Is anyone here going to BSMS? Last year GKT had an 'outing' to BSMS. I think they generally try to disrupt/annoy the people there. :rolleyes:
    Well, I'm thinking of applying there, but haven't quite decided yet ... What do you mean by 'outing' ?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm thinking of applying there, but haven't quite decided yet ... What do you mean by 'outing' ?
    My apologies, that should have gone in the 2011 thread. Makes me look like a snide **** posting that in here.
    An excuse for an overnight drinking trip I think, combined with hating on another med school, as is the fashion.
    I think you should apply to GKT. :gah:

ReputationRep:
    My apologies, that should have gone in the 2011 thread. Makes me look like a snide **** posting that in here.
    An excuse for an overnight drinking trip I think, combined with hating on another med school, as is the fashion.
    I think you should apply to GKT. :gah:
    No problem :laugh: It doesn't make you look like anything, really ... Everybody has their preferences :h: As I said, I haven't decided yet :dontknow: As for GKT, I'm an EU student, so I'm just waiting for them to reply to my e-mail and see if they accept my qualifications :rolleyes: Good job on this year's application :yep: Why did you choose GKT ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm gonna be joining you lovely people!

ReputationRep:
    Hello from the lovely people

ReputationRep:
    GANNIN TO INDIA FOR WOR GAP YEAR IN AUGUST/SEPTEMBER

Now I just need to make sure I get an A inchemistry...

Anyone else considering/know where they're going?

ReputationRep:
    *hello from another lovely

ReputationRep:
    Re-applicants are always lovely most of them anyway..

There are some horrid ones

That's right Futuredoc and your stalkingness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Did you not want to see me? :sad:
    I suppose at this stage you really want to be getting feedback as to why you were rejected.. they might make PS suggestions if they are feeling nice/are sheffield :yep:

Yeah you should focus on exams for the time being at least

You could say that :lazy:
    Yeah I'm just earning more money and getting things like health questionnaire sorted.. slowly :lol:

And spending a lot of time on TSR too of course :sexface:
    Haha, no I meant it in the good way, it was pleasing to see you help me again!
    Yup, still haven't got feedback, but I shall contact Liverpool now. Yeahhhh, got SO much to do!! Seriously and it's so summery today, makes it hard to work!
    Haha, health questionnaires, that can't take as long as it took me to prepare all the documents we had to provide St.Georges on the day of our interview, LOL, they wanted your entire life story and in the end they reject you :mad:
    Ofc, ofc, TSR, that is acceptable

ReputationRep:
    No problem :laugh: It doesn't make you look like anything, really ... Everybody has their preferences :h: As I said, I haven't decided yet :dontknow: As for GKT, I'm an EU student, so I'm just waiting for them to reply to my e-mail and see if they accept my qualifications :rolleyes: Good job on this year's application :yep: Why did you choose GKT ?
    Ah, what qualifications do you have? I know there are spanish people coming so they must accept some of them. Unless it's IB. :dontknow:

Course structure was a big thing, there is no PBL but they do use cases in the lectures to link things together. A little patient contact, but not much.
    Facilities are great, a museum with samples of anything you could want. And the place is just :coma:.
    And then there's London. I love it and the clinical years should be great. High levels of intercalation, lots of music to do.

Went off on one a bit then. :rolleyes:
    If you need to know anything about it give me a shout. Well applying since I haven't gone yet. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    So sorry I don't know yet, I'll just have to wait until my feedback letters arrive ... Hopefully, with some suggestions as well Have you thought about where you want to apply this year ? I'm currently visiting websites and trying to make up my mind ... Though I'll have the last say when I get my UKCAT results Hopefully, this year will be better ::cool:
    Nah, it's okay Ahh okay, I still haven't got my Liverpool feedback and everyone else has :mad: Need to contact them! Ummm, I think I'd like to apply to Newcastle this time, or Barts, I'm thinking of staying away from the BMAT unis. I was thinking of applying to Imperial again - but I live literally 50 minutes away from it by tube, so they if I hypothetically do get a place there, I'll just be hanging around London for the next five years. [Actually, six!] I've lived in London for the past 15 years and have seen Central London and the area Imperial is situated in, hundreds of times! So, I'd like a new setting!

Although, I did apply to Imperial last time, but now I don't think I would want to. Also, living in London is really expensive! A bus fare without an oyster costs £2 but when I went to Liverpool for my interview, a bus fare only cost £1. Haha, hope I don't seem stingy, but it is really expensive living out in London. Then, I think I might as well stay at home since the uni is only 50 minutes away and the tube station is right outside my house, I can see it from my window! Hmmm..but I'll think about it!

When I first went to King's, I completely fell in love with it! However, I literally have NO chance there considering my GCSEs are 1A* 9A's 1B, it'd be too risky applying there. Definitely definitely not applying to St.Georges again! Ughhh.

Where are you thinking to apply? *Fingers crossed our UKCAT goes well*

LOL, sorry for my essay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    I don't knowww - its so tempting to do it noww, but I know there's no point. I don't have anything new to add to it yet :P

Got to get some more work experience and voluntary work first :/

Ahhhh, and a job A real life grownup job
    Haha sameeee. Yeah, I really don't know anything new to write in it! Have you thought of any plans so far?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, what qualifications do you have? I know there are spanish people coming so they must accept some of them. Unless it's IB. :dontknow:

Course structure was a big thing, there is no PBL but they do use cases in the lectures to link things together. A little patient contact, but not much.
    Facilities are great, a museum with samples of anything you could want. And the place is just :coma:.
    And then there's London. I love it and the clinical years should be great. High levels of intercalation, lots of music to do.

Went off on one a bit then. :rolleyes:
    If you need to know anything about it give me a shout. Well applying since I haven't gone yet. :teehee:
    Well, I'm Romanian so we don't have the IB ... And the problem with my qualification is that I can only offer either Chemistry or Biology ... So, if necessary, I have to take an A-Level as well in the other subject

You are really doing a good job promoting them :yep: Honestly, only the word London would do the trick :awesome: Makes me want to hear their response more Hopefully, it's a good one ...

I haven't decided on PBL yet, so I'm thinking of applying at both PBL/non-PBL unis ... I'm afraid of starting something new, and that it may be difficult, since I'm not used to it, but on the other hand, the whole PBL thing sound appealing :dontknow:

Thanks a lot :penguinhug: I don't have any questions yet ... Actually, I do ... What about the UKCAT score ? Mine was a little low this year, so I'm preparing for the worst next year too

Sorry for the long response I do like talking :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phenylethylamine_)
    Nah, it's okay Ahh okay, I still haven't got my Liverpool feedback and everyone else has :mad: Need to contact them! Ummm, I think I'd like to apply to Newcastle this time, or Barts, I'm thinking of staying away from the BMAT unis. I was thinking of applying to Imperial again - but I live literally 50 minutes away from it by tube, so they if I hypothetically do get a place there, I'll just be hanging around London for the next five years. [Actually, six!] I've lived in London for the past 15 years and have seen Central London and the area Imperial is situated in, hundreds of times! So, I'd like a new setting!

Although, I did apply to Imperial last time, but now I don't think I would want to. Also, living in London is really expensive! A bus fare without an oyster costs £2 but when I went to Liverpool for my interview, a bus fare only cost £1. Haha, hope I don't seem stingy, but it is really expensive living out in London. Then, I think I might as well stay at home since the uni is only 50 minutes away and the tube station is right outside my house, I can see it from my window! Hmmm..but I'll think about it!

When I first went to King's, I completely fell in love with it! However, I literally have NO chance there considering my GCSEs are 1A* 9A's 1B, it'd be too risky applying there. Definitely definitely not applying to St.Georges again! Ughhh.

Where are you thinking to apply? *Fingers crossed our UKCAT goes well*

LOL, sorry for my essay!
    Haha :laugh: As I just said before, I'm a talker myself

Just got my Dundee feedback today They said that I had no major faults, but my UKCAT let me down a little :argh: This, and the fact that I did not do as much volunteering as they wanted me too :argh: At least, I'll know for next year But I'm still waiting for the St. Andrews one, since I was rejected there post-interview

The same about the BMAT unis I'm not taking that test again ! :banghead: Newcastle sounds appealing to me too ... I only saw their prospectus, but it seems a lovely place and the uni is great too Barts sounds lovely too :daydreaming: .. Although I always had the feeling it's a very competitive uni to get into

Aah :daydreaming: London :daydreaming: It's such a lovely town, I don't know how you could be bored in London Although I do understand you, since you've been living there your whole life Lucky you But if you're coming from London, you'll have high expectations to meet, or so I think :dontknow: Considering that most people from London that I saw on TSR wanted a city similar to it :dontknow:

Well, you can always stay at home if you get an offer Imperial is a prestigious uni too, so it'd be worth the effort of travelling daily by tube

As you said, fingers crossed our UKCAT goes well ... Provided it does, I'm also considering Sheffield :daydreaming: A bit hard to get into, from what I've heard, since they have such a high cutoff :argh: I haven't decided yet, but apart from Sheffield, I'm thinking about BSMS, Newcastle and Peninsula :daydreaming: And maybe King's, after what I've heard from tome27

Honestly, I never thought about applying to St. George's Don't they have those weird mini-interviews ? Or I may be just wrong :dontknow:

Sorry for this long post But, as I said, I'm a talker :blush:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.