Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superG123)
    hey folks, i am having a med-life crisis, I think i've made a silly decision about applying to Leicester , it's the second most applied to med school on the student room so far and this has put me off loads because it doesn't even have that many seats, should i change to St George's where i am apparently very likely guaranteed an interview (but in expensive London) or just leave it at Leicester?

Also does anyone know if uni's expect more or less applicants this year?
    You will have a good chance with Leicester as they interview loads

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I'm having a crisis again.
    Bart's v. Nottingham... pros and cons.

I also have no clue what to do about my 5th!!!
    Is biomed at UCL or King's too risky?

Also, which unis give you an advantage for having an A* over an A?

thanks guys, sorry about all my panicking!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaStacks)
    Ok so I'm having a crisis again.
    Bart's v. Nottingham... pros and cons.

I also have no clue what to do about my 5th!!!
    Is biomed at UCL or King's too risky?

Also, which unis give you an advantage for having an A* over an A?

thanks guys, sorry about all my panicking!!
    I can't really help you with the Barts/Nottingham thing, but don't worry about your 5th option yet - get the medicine part of your application sorted, and you can add in your 5th option in a few weeks. I decided it was a bit too stressful trying to decide on the 5th option already haha - I just couldn't really think about it while trying to decide which medical schools to apply to.

I don't know how risky you can be with the 5th option :/ I'm the same as you - I want to have a decent backup... but on the other hand, if I don't get in to the 5th option, its not much of a backup!

ReputationRep:
    I've sent my UCAS application off - i didn't want to leave it to the day before the deadline, might as well get it over and done with

UEA, King's and Liverpool have all sent me emails confirming i've applied

I've applied to East Anglia as a resit applicant even though i don't have an A* prediction because i liked it so much (open day was brilliant). What do you think - worth a shot or just plain foolish?

ReputationRep:
    please someone help me

Is it too risky putting down UCL and KCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mandy92)
    please someone help me

Is it too risky putting down UCL and KCL?
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldbatty)
    Why?
    because they are two very competitive london unis and I am a re-applicant

ReputationRep:
    All med schools are highly competitive and being a re-applicant puts you in a stronger position as it demonstrates that you really want to study the subject. You should choose where you would like to end up studying and not be tempted to play the numbers game as med schools vary in their popularity year on year!Good choices I think!

ReputationRep:
    Where else are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Where else are you applying?
    BATL and BSMS

ReputationRep:
    BATL and BSMS
    BSMS known as London by the sea! Great med school and fab city! Where did you apply last year?

ReputationRep:
    BSMS known as London by the sea! Great med school and fab city! Where did you apply last year?
    Oxford, Imperial, KCL, Georges you? where are you applying this year?

ReputationRep:
    Oxford, Imperial, KCL, Georges you? where are you applying this year?
    Georges Soton and not decided last two. Did you have interview at Georges ?What was it like?

ReputationRep:
    Georges Soton and not decided last two. Did you have interview at Georges ?What was it like?
    soton = southampton right? ^^ em it was definitely weird.. I don't really know exactly how to explain it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek)
    Hi guys, still have ALOT of catching up to do since I have barely been on TSR at the moment LOL
    Funniest thing happened, I'd spent weeks improving on drafts for my personal statement based on my referee's advice, then after getting some doctors at work to read it and posting it on PS helper, they basically ripped it to shreds so I'm frantically trying to finish it now.
    It's tough because I'm having to change the main focus of most of my paragraphs so I pretty much just started again.. But I'm glad, in a way, that I know now..

Anyways I should be more involved in this thread after Oct 15th!! Fingers crossed for everyone and good luck. Hopefully this will be our year!
    I reallllllly hope it will be our year.

Good luck with your PS

ReputationRep:
    anyone here a resit applicant ?? im hoping to have my application sent on the 12th. i got AAB at a2 (resiting maths unit to get grade to an A) and uckat of 625. im applying to queens belfast, southampton, liverpool and lancaster. do i stand i chance ??

ReputationRep:
    Hello there I would also like some last minute counselling ASP if possible, I am planning to reapply for medicine to a five year course at Leicester and grad at southampton
    Im undecided between grad Warwick and under grad Queenmary and brighton
    my qualification are these
    UKCAT: average 635( 550 VR, 600QA, 660 shapes, 730 DA
    A level AACC (Chem,Math, bio, phy)
    and atm have a target grade of 2:1 in biomedical science at Queenmary
    exp -> at a care home, shadow GP and about to engage in st.John ambulance
    I am not feelign confident and would like to know what are my chance for the uni im applying and if I should aplpy for all 5years courses instead of grad
    Thank you very much to anyone who is reading this I am eternally grateful to you
    from a hopeful medic > <

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigKirk)
    I sent my application off on Friday! I've applied to Manchester, BSMS, Nottingham and St Andrews (clinical years at Manchester). Also put Biomed in at Liverpool for if it all goes horribly wrong again! I really want to get in (like everyone else here :P ) so if it doesn't happen this year, it'll be graduate entry

Seeing it all in track again brings back vile memories of four 'Unsuccessful' decisions...
    I was just thinking the same about track :-) Im applying to Manchester, Leicester, HYMS and Liverpool. Know exactly how you feel lol :-)

ReputationRep:
    If I were to go to Nottingham... would I end up working in Nottingham? Is it safer to put Bart's because I'm sure I'll like London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaStacks)
    If I were to go to Nottingham... would I end up working in Nottingham? Is it safer to put Bart's because I'm sure I'll like London?
    Not necessarily- but you will definitely be living there for 5 years, so if living there puts you off...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.