The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4200
Original post by superG123
hey folks, i am having a med-life crisis, I think i've made a silly decision about applying to Leicester , it's the second most applied to med school on the student room so far and this has put me off loads because it doesn't even have that many seats, should i change to St George's where i am apparently very likely guaranteed an interview (but in expensive London) or just leave it at Leicester?

Also does anyone know if uni's expect more or less applicants this year?

You will have a good chance with Leicester as they interview loads
Ok so I'm having a crisis again.
Bart's v. Nottingham... pros and cons.

I also have no clue what to do about my 5th!!!
Is biomed at UCL or King's too risky?

Also, which unis give you an advantage for having an A* over an A?

thanks guys, sorry about all my panicking!! :smile:
Reply 4202
Original post by JessicaStacks
Ok so I'm having a crisis again.
Bart's v. Nottingham... pros and cons.

I also have no clue what to do about my 5th!!!
Is biomed at UCL or King's too risky?

Also, which unis give you an advantage for having an A* over an A?

thanks guys, sorry about all my panicking!! :smile:

I can't really help you with the Barts/Nottingham thing, but don't worry about your 5th option yet - get the medicine part of your application sorted, and you can add in your 5th option in a few weeks. I decided it was a bit too stressful trying to decide on the 5th option already haha - I just couldn't really think about it while trying to decide which medical schools to apply to.

I don't know how risky you can be with the 5th option :/ I'm the same as you - I want to have a decent backup... but on the other hand, if I don't get in to the 5th option, its not much of a backup!
Reply 4203
I've sent my UCAS application off - i didn't want to leave it to the day before the deadline, might as well get it over and done with :smile:

UEA, King's and Liverpool have all sent me emails confirming i've applied :biggrin:

I've applied to East Anglia as a resit applicant even though i don't have an A* prediction because i liked it so much (open day was brilliant). What do you think - worth a shot or just plain foolish?
Reply 4204
please someone help me :frown:

Is it too risky putting down UCL and KCL?
Reply 4205
Original post by Mandy92
please someone help me :frown:

Is it too risky putting down UCL and KCL?

Why?
Reply 4206
Original post by oldbatty
Why?

because they are two very competitive london unis and I am a re-applicant :frown:
Reply 4207
Original post by Mandy92
because they are two very competitive london unis and I am a re-applicant :frown:

All med schools are highly competitive and being a re-applicant puts you in a stronger position as it demonstrates that you really want to study the subject. You should choose where you would like to end up studying and not be tempted to play the numbers game as med schools vary in their popularity year on year!Good choices I think!
Reply 4208
Original post by Mandy92

Where else are you applying?
Reply 4209
Where else are you applying?

BATL and BSMS :smile:
Reply 4210
Original post by Mandy92
BATL and BSMS :smile:

BSMS known as London by the sea! Great med school and fab city! Where did you apply last year?
Reply 4211
BSMS known as London by the sea! Great med school and fab city! Where did you apply last year?

Oxford, Imperial, KCL, Georges :smile: you? where are you applying this year?
Reply 4212
Original post by Mandy92
Oxford, Imperial, KCL, Georges :smile: you? where are you applying this year?

Georges Soton and not decided last two. Did you have interview at Georges ?What was it like?
Reply 4213
Georges Soton and not decided last two. Did you have interview at Georges ?What was it like?

soton = southampton right? ^^ em it was definitely weird.. I don't really know exactly how to explain it..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Hi guys, still have ALOT of catching up to do since I have barely been on TSR at the moment LOL
Funniest thing happened, I'd spent weeks improving on drafts for my personal statement based on my referee's advice, then after getting some doctors at work to read it and posting it on PS helper, they basically ripped it to shreds so I'm frantically trying to finish it now.
It's tough because I'm having to change the main focus of most of my paragraphs so I pretty much just started again.. But I'm glad, in a way, that I know now..

Anyways I should be more involved in this thread after Oct 15th!! Fingers crossed for everyone and good luck. Hopefully this will be our year!

I reallllllly hope it will be our year.

Good luck with your PS :smile:
anyone here a resit applicant ?? im hoping to have my application sent on the 12th. i got AAB at a2 (resiting maths unit to get grade to an A) and uckat of 625. im applying to queens belfast, southampton, liverpool and lancaster. do i stand i chance ??
Hello there I would also like some last minute counselling ASP if possible, I am planning to reapply for medicine to a five year course at Leicester and grad at southampton
Im undecided between grad Warwick and under grad Queenmary and brighton
my qualification are these
UKCAT: average 635( 550 VR, 600QA, 660 shapes, 730 DA
A level AACC (Chem,Math, bio, phy)
and atm have a target grade of 2:1 in biomedical science at Queenmary
exp -> at a care home, shadow GP and about to engage in st.John ambulance
I am not feelign confident and would like to know what are my chance for the uni im applying and if I should aplpy for all 5years courses instead of grad
Thank you very much to anyone who is reading this I am eternally grateful to you
from a hopeful medic > <
Reply 4217
Original post by CraigKirk
I sent my application off on Friday! I've applied to Manchester, BSMS, Nottingham and St Andrews (clinical years at Manchester). Also put Biomed in at Liverpool for if it all goes horribly wrong again! I really want to get in (like everyone else here :P ) so if it doesn't happen this year, it'll be graduate entry :smile:

Seeing it all in track again brings back vile memories of four 'Unsuccessful' decisions...

I was just thinking the same about track :-) Im applying to Manchester, Leicester, HYMS and Liverpool. Know exactly how you feel lol :-)
If I were to go to Nottingham... would I end up working in Nottingham? Is it safer to put Bart's because I'm sure I'll like London?
Reply 4219
Original post by JessicaStacks
If I were to go to Nottingham... would I end up working in Nottingham? Is it safer to put Bart's because I'm sure I'll like London?

Not necessarily- but you will definitely be living there for 5 years, so if living there puts you off...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending