Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinth)
    Sheffield for Maths
    :eek: Wow, well done.
    Doubt you'll even need it but it's nice to know that whatever happens, you've got a place.
    Can I ask what made you choose maths?
    Thought about choosing maths ages ago as a back up (simply because I liked it - not that I'd do anything with it) but I was worried that I wouldn't get a place as my PS was purely medical (not even that sciencey - pretty much entirely patient focused) and I had no intention of putting a but of maths in there for the banter LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek)
    :eek: Wow, well done.
    Doubt you'll even need it but it's nice to know that whatever happens, you've got a place.
    Can I ask what made you choose maths?
    Thought about choosing maths ages ago as a back up (simply because I liked it - not that I'd do anything with it) but I was worried that I wouldn't get a place as my PS was purely medical (not even that sciencey - pretty much entirely patient focused) and I had no intention of putting a but of maths in there for the banter LOL
    I just think it's something I'd enjoy and you can go on to do thousands of things with it afterwards so I don't have to decide just yet. I don't think I'd enjoy life if I was doing almost medicine, I'd always resent the people I came across who actually made it. I also don't think my application would be competitive enough if I went on to do a biology degree, for example, and go on to do graduate.
    And maths is just a babe :heart:

ReputationRep:
    HELP ME I'M SO CONFUSED...

I have two passports so this makes me have dual nationality (i think) and it's on my ucas etc

lancaster emailed me about my application and questions about fees (they think i might not be a 'home' student even though i've only ever lived in the uk) anyway, the point is that i didn't apply to lancaster.... i applied to liverpool and i understand that they are joint in some way but i thought the application was completely seperate? anyone face a similar problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superG123)

I have two passports so this makes me have dual nationality (i think) and it's on my ucas etc

lancaster emailed me about my application and questions about fees (they think i might not be a 'home' student even though i've only ever lived in the uk) anyway, the point is that i didn't apply to lancaster.... i applied to liverpool and i understand that they are joint in some way but i thought the application was completely seperate? anyone face a similar problem?
    but did you apply for the A100 or A105 course?? If it was for A100 then I have no idea why Lancaster will contact you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    but did you apply for the A100 or A105 course?? If it was for A100 then I have no idea why Lancaster will contact you!
    I applied for the A100 at Liverpool and i even checked (about a million times) what should i do?....

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the A100 at Liverpool and i even checked (about a million times) what should i do?....
    Call Liverpool tomorrow and ask I guess ? If they don't know then ask Lacaster :P
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

I did last year. I have a dual nationality too. UK and Hong Kong. If you don't pay taxes in the UK for housing, you are counted as an international applicant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    Call Liverpool tomorrow and ask I guess ? If they don't know then ask Lacaster :P
    Lancaster has a Medical school, since when?!

Sorry just trolling, I so wannna go Lancaster

ReputationRep:
    Apparently UKCAT is with universities today! ahhhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    YAY!

Also totally following you on twitter now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    It's about time really! You'd have thought they'd arrange it so they arrived like a week after the UCAS forms are sent or something

ReputationRep:
    **** is starting to get serious now, hopefully we'll start to get lots of interviews now fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atomos)
    **** is starting to get serious now, hopefully we'll start to get lots of interviews now fingers crossed
    I keep trying to positively rate you, But aparently I agree with what you say way too often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joemullally)
    I keep trying to positively rate you, But aparently I agree with what you say way too often.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone achieved any of their non-medicine related gap year plans yet? I bought a keyboard to fill the time where last year I would have been studying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoTheMedic)
    Has anyone achieved any of their non-medicine related gap year plans yet? I bought a keyboard to fill the time where last year I would have been studying.
    One of my non-medicine related gap year plans was to cover a page of A4 in tetris shapes and colour it in if that counts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atomos)
    I know this is what I thought.

Refreshed my email six times today They best send me one soon, just to put me out of my misery. If I have one interview to focus on, I reckon I'll refresh email a little less frequently!

ReputationRep:
    Does it make anyone else happy that this page is "234" or am I just weird?

I will be sooooo disappointed if this ends up on page 235 :/

ReputationRep:
    Every time I refresh my email a part of me hopes for an interview invite whilst another part cowers in fear and thinks not yet, I'm just not ready!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2012

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.