Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atomos)
    whats everyone doing from now until like august september?
    need some inspiration to get some plans sorted so im not bored the next 6/7 months
    if you've got money, travel, if not, work.

ReputationRep:
    need some inspiration to get some plans sorted so im not bored the next 6/7 months
    Gonna finish my labwork and write up the paper. Also gonna take driving lessons, hopefully ace the practical before my theory runs out.

ReputationRep:
    Get a full time job so you actually have money to plan a gap year/holiday..
    I work full time and revise for my resit in between so I haven't gotten around to spending anything yet..
    After Jan, I plan to get a driving licence, work hundreds of shifts, volunteer in a hospital in rural parts of Nigeria and plan a whopper of a holiday with my friends (Zante-style :cool:), fam/shopping holiday already booked for summer (florida :cool:)
    Helps if you work towards something, like a project.. But I don't do projects, I do rewards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek)
    Get a full time job so you actually have money to plan a gap year/holiday..
    I work full time and revise for my resit in between so I haven't gotten around to spending anything yet..
    After Jan, I plan to get a driving licence, work hundreds of shifts, volunteer in a hospital in rural parts of Nigeria and plan a whopper of a holiday with my friends (Zante-style :cool:), fam/shopping holiday already booked for summer (florida :cool:)
    Helps if you work towards something, like a project.. But I don't do projects, I do rewards
    i have a full time job already but idk i feel like im not making the most of this time i have. ive already saved up a bit of money so travelling is an option i guess

ReputationRep:
    hey guys! how are the gap years going? anyone got any offers yet?
    enjoy what time u have left because come september u will just be bombarded with an endless pile of things to learn

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else currently holding no offers? I have had rejections from 2, even though my teachers, GPs, etc argue that my personal statement for the 2012 cycle is a lot stronger than the one I used last year. The prospect of not getting into medicine yet again is truly depressing, especially after getting the grades required and all the extra work I've put in. It was hard enough convincing my parents that taking a gap year and reapplying will give me a much better shot at studying medicine. I don't want to have the dreaded conversation I had last year, when I got rejected from all my universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sounv001)
    Is anyone else currently holding no offers? I have had rejections from 2, even though my teachers, GPs, etc argue that my personal statement for the 2012 cycle is a lot stronger than the one I used last year. The prospect of not getting into medicine yet again is truly depressing, especially after getting the grades required and all the extra work I've put in. It was hard enough convincing my parents that taking a gap year and reapplying will give me a much better shot at studying medicine. I don't want to have the dreaded conversation I had last year, when I got rejected from all my universities.
    Don't worry too much about it many of us haven't had any offers yet, it's early days as of yet, tbh none of the unis I've applied to has given any home offers.

ReputationRep:
    have you guys already taken your gap year? or are you about to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by persian_tanya)
    have you guys already taken your gap year? or are you about to?
    We are currently on our gap year at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    We are currently on our gap year at the moment
    ohhhh okay, i was going to apply this year but then because of the whole predicted grades complications i decided to take a gap year. so i'll be applying for 2013 hopefully. what are you planning to apply for?

ReputationRep:
    ohhhh okay, i was going to apply this year but then because of the whole predicted grades complications i decided to take a gap year. so i'll be applying for 2013 hopefully. what are you planning to apply for?
    LOOOL did you just randomly join the conversations on this thread without reading the title (Medicine Re-applicants) which means that everyone on this thread is a medicine applicant plus if we are currently on our gap years, it means that we have all applied already, we are not still planning what to apply for.. we are not gonna apply to uni after we've finished our gap years and wait for another whole year to get offers, what planet did you come from??? this is planet earth ....

ReputationRep:
    Erm... Medicine?

Are you sure youre in the right forum? Because 1) this is a medicine reapplicant forum so as the name sort of suggests we're all reapplying for medicine and 2) if you have done any research (which you will have if you had considered medicine) you'd had known that we would have applied by 15th oct last year so none of us will be "planning to apply" any time soon hopefully. Sorry if I've interpreted you wrong but your last sentence has just confused me

ReputationRep:
    Okkkkk chill guys! I made a mistake, I'm sorry! I read the title of the thread and then when I got to posting a comment I was completely misunderstood and forgot, I was confused because I'm applying this october so I didn't think twice that you guys are obvs in the year above. But alright, just chill, I made a mistake, its not the end of the world. You're gonna have to face misunderstood people in your medical career anyway, so I'm sorry if I made a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sounv001)
    I don't have offers or rejections. Just 1 interview in March. My UCAS track looks so plain.

This time last year I had an offer from my back up and 2 rejections. What about everyone else?

For anyone who has or had interviews already, how are you practicing, how do you think you've improved from last year?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, first post for this thread :hello: Is anyone doing a medforce project or camp america this year? I'm doing both of these after my exams this week, wondering if anyone else is doing anything similar?

ReputationRep:
    this time last year, i had nothing...

this year, I've got two offers for biomend, havent heard from two and got an interview at cardiff tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Congrats on your offer!!! :woo:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    Woo! Congrats! Where from?
    Thanks sooo excited - am off travelling in a few weeks!

Just wanted a third person perspective - what would you guys choose if you had offers from manchester and kcl?

I like both courses and locations, just wondered what the difference was in reputation/teaching hospitals/students (nationality/public/state/intl ect)

(pls be nice with the negs - I'm really torn between the two, don't want to brag in ANY way )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivegotluckyscrubs)

Just wanted a third person perspective - what would you guys choose if you had offers from manchester and kcl?

I like both courses and locations, just wondered what the difference was in reputation/teaching hospitals/students (nationality/public/state/intl ect)

(pls be nice with the negs - I'm really torn between the two, don't want to brag in ANY way )
    I'd choose manc personally - purely because as fantastic as it would be to live in London, it would also be soo much more expensive than living in manc. But if you get grants and things you might be okay in London - I just know I'd find it difficult because I'd have to be asking my parents for soo much more money and I'd feel bad.

ReputationRep:

Personally I would go for Manchester, but only cause I've applied there Sorry that wasn't helpful in any way but eee two offers! Feel free to throw one my way if you don't want it

I'd say if you like both of them equally, weighing up good points and bad etc. I'd go with your gut instinct. Theres bound to be one of them that you can see yourself in more or that you feel is right

ReputationRep:

I would say kcl but it's because i applied there and not to manch, so i'm biased lol manch wins in terms of overall cost of everything though; think about that.

It's best you come to this decision on your own in some way; you can't base the next 5 years or more of your life in medicine on statements made by faceless people on the internet.

Start with visiting both places and finding out all you can about both of them; then make comparisons. Go on from there. Good luck! Jealous much for your dual-offer status Congrats!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2012
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.