Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinth)
    Except now you know :afraid:
    You'll have to change your plans then

I'm really tempted to stalk you now, even though I've done so well with getting rid of the habit well, not that well as I hunted someone else down tonight :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinth)
    Is that because you're a little bit shinier?
    Precisely :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    ORLY? :eyeball:

Don't worry Rosie, it's easy to find everyone if you put a little effort in :console:
    Haha, no not really.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jin3011)
    Haha, no not really.
    Does this mean you'll be helping me maintain the wiki stalking page when I make the new one around September?

ReputationRep:
    Does this mean you'll be helping me maintain the wiki stalking page when I make the new one around September?
    I'll have to come back to you on that one:wink2:

ReputationRep:
    Omg I just unconsciously realised that I've been doing ukcat practise questions for the past 30 mins:lolwut:FML
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'll have to come back to you on that one:wink2:
    I'll look forward to it? :dontknow:

I'll need someone extra though.. no way us 3 (well me and _lynx_ atm it seems) can maintain that page and be successful freshers :no:

Omg I just unconsciously realised that I've been doing ukcat practise questions for the past 30 mins:lolwut:FML
    How do you manage that?? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I'll look forward to it? :dontknow:

I'll need someone extra though.. no way us 3 (well me and _lynx_ atm it seems) can maintain that page and be successful freshers :no:

How do you manage that?? :lolwut:
    Yeah, I'll see how busy I am by then, but I'll be more than happy to help though.

And I have no idea really. I've just been sitting happily doing this online ukcat thing for ages without knowing how I got there.

Some inception **** going on right there:eek:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yeah, I'll see how busy I am by then, but I'll be more than happy to help though.

And I have no idea really. I've just been sitting happily doing this online ukcat thing for ages without knowing how I got there.

Some inception **** going on right there:eek:
    You'll be quiet.. gap years are notoriously quiet :rolleyes:
    Yeah even if you only help a little I'd appreciate it :yep:

Subconciously you know you are going to ace the UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    You'll be quiet.. gap years are notoriously quiet :rolleyes:
    Yeah even if you only help a little I'd appreciate it :yep:

Subconciously you know you are going to ace the UKCAT
    But consciously, I know I'm not
    But I'll sure as hell try my damn hardest =]
    Reading through my p.s I just realised how many missed oppertunities I had to sell myself. I basically had no reflection in there whatsoever:cool: and I came across so un-genuine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuredoc77)
    Well hello Rebecca :sexface:

Hey will you pm that part of your p.s?
    Thanks yooz
    sorry. In bed on my phone now so I'll try to a little later
    ORLY? :eyeball:

Don't worry Rosie, it's easy to find everyone if you put a little effort in :console:
    started without me huh? , i already knew harbour seals from the Glasgow group. my ultimate goal is twelve but it's gonna take a while. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)

started without me huh? , i already knew harbour seals from the Glasgow group. my ultimate goal is twelve but it's gonna take a while. Lol
    Thanks =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tome27)
    The UKCAT is weighed against your academic background. GCSEs seem to be the main thing. If you don't have those it'll be different. For UK applicants it matters less the better your academic background. So if you have 11A*s they might let you off. The lowest I heard of getting to interview was 670. It matters a fair bit.
    I'll ask a guy I know - let's quote him in:

Hey hey. What was your UKCAT for this next-year international please?

It's requires practice I found.
    More questions? :gah:
    (Original post by dariadaphne)
    x
    Oh look, a quote. Came in here and had a smiley overload

And just for the sake of it,
    :sexface:

Unfortunately I was UKCAT exempt, but I do know someone (international) who got in with ~700. And on the stalking page I've seen people get offers with scores like that, but some peeps with ~800 didn't. Who knows what they use for us

(I hope I've stalked correctly) Isn't Romania part of the EU? If so, you only compete against the home candidates and not internationals. So they'd use the same criteria as home students.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animated_cadaver)
    Oh look, a quote. Came in here and had a smiley overload

And just for the sake of it,

:puppyeyes: Do you have something against smileys ? :puppyeyes: But I see you like to use them too :sexface:

Yes, it is part of the EU :cool: I don't know what to say about that ... My UKCAT let me down this year, so it would have been better without it :argh: Thanks a lot It does help

ReputationRep:
    So so annoyed. I just got my feedback from Newcastle. (rejected post-interview) they basically said I was really good - I got a merit in almost all sections, but I just wasn't quite as good as other people. Which is darn right annoying. If it had just gone slightly better I might have an offer right now. I had though positive feedback would cheer me up... Turns out, no. I suppose I should try and see this as encouraging for next year. But right now I just wanna hit myself for not trying just that bit harder!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    But consciously, I know I'm not
    But I'll sure as hell try my damn hardest =]
    Reading through my p.s I just realised how many missed oppertunities I had to sell myself. I basically had no reflection in there whatsoever:cool: and I came across so un-genuine.
    Nah you'll be fine if you're already working for it :yep:

In retrospect everything should be done differently eh? :rolleyes:

At least you have an idea of what to do
    (Original post by dmz)

You know who Harbour Seals is? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I just had my feedback from Leeds, I got 20/24 on personal statement and it was literally my academics with 10/16 that let me down massively. :bawling:
    Does anybody have any idea on how they gave points for them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinth)
    I just had my feedback from Leeds, I got 20/24 on personal statement and it was literally my academics with 10/16 that let me down massively. :bawling:
    Does anybody have any idea on how they gave points for them?
    Think you get extra points for having grades in hand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuredoc77)

You and I :sexface:, under the cloak, hidden from the world :perv:

(Original post by dmz)
    Oh i'll clean all you want :sexface:

by far the most useful smiley on here. Can't go wrong with it. Lol

Yep, just used it twice, completely legitimately!

Ohh mannn, its far too soon for that kind of torture. We''re still in the A level exams torture at the moment!

(Original post by dmz)

heyyyyyy! I could go and look through all the other posts to reveal your identity, but that would take farrrr too long.

and I don't give up easily

Just realised I quoted you twice in this post. Ahh, I do love multi-quote :sexface:

(Original post by tiggix)
    So so annoyed. I just got my feedback from Newcastle. (rejected post-interview) they basically said I was really good - I got a merit in almost all sections, but I just wasn't quite as good as other people. Which is darn right annoying. If it had just gone slightly better I might have an offer right now. I had though positive feedback would cheer me up... Turns out, no. I suppose I should try and see this as encouraging for next year. But right now I just wanna hit myself for not trying just that bit harder!!
    I guess it just shows what the competition is like! And it tells you you are a really good candidate, so you can't go feeling like 'ahhhh I'll never get in' type of thing. Because you will! You've already had one place say you're brilliant, and there will be loads of others!

Wowww, we are doing wel here - I was away all of one night, and we've got three pages more

Excellent effort everyone!
    and i haven't been involved in any of it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anterior view)
    Anyone got feedback from aberdeen? It's a joke! A generic letter with a photocopied signature from their associate dean!
    Yeah. I got the same feedback. It is a joke. I was expecting feedback that was relevant to me.

Honestly, Aberdeen have annoyed me again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.