Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    :rofl: Okay, I'll remove it. And you need to edit your post so you aren't quoting me.
    will do :yep: before anyone negs rep me I'm only thinking of us. Simply ask if you want it

ReputationRep:
    Edit so you aren't quoting me! :tongue:
    Not Again

ReputationRep:
    The Kaplan papers were pretty damn good too... a few of the same q's came up in my actual test too, although the price is a bit of a rip off :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haleem)
    Not Again

The first time. :rofl2: :facepalm:

How're you keeping? :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    The Kaplan papers were pretty damn good too... a few of the same q's came up in my actual test too, although the price is a bit of a rip off :erm:
    How much were those? I didn't know Kaplan did them... :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    The first time. :rofl2: :facepalm:

How're you keeping? :tongue:
    :mmm:

I'm okay, you?
    I think I'm starting to go a bit mad though :nutcase:
    Should really get a job
    How much were those? I didn't know Kaplan did them... :nothing:
    Like £200+

ReputationRep:
    :mmm:

I'm okay, you?
    I think I'm starting to go a bit mad though :nutcase:
    Should really get a job

Like £200+
    £200+?! What did they include?! Were they actually helpful?

Not too bad! Although going mad is mutual. More so than before.
    Before you do get a job, know that it probably will become tedious and you will live to sleep. Once you accept that, it passes time and you don't mind it as much. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    £200+?! What did they include?! Were they actually helpful?

Not too bad! Although going mad is mutual. More so than before.
    Before you do get a job, know that it probably will become tedious and you will live to sleep. Once you accept that, it passes time and you don't mind it as much. :yep:
    Yeah :sad:
    It was a two day course... the teaching itself was okay, but the papers were really really good :yep: gives you lots of practice material...

I think its better just buying the papers from ebay or somewhere, if you can find them

Yeah, I worked last year full time as a "proper" HCA
    And yeah, the year flew by, but it was bloody knackering... waking up at like 5:30 and bloody night shifts....bleurghhhh :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah :sad:
    It was a two day course... the teaching itself was okay, but the papers were really really good :yep: gives you lots of practice material...

I think its better just buying the papers from ebay or somewhere, if you can find them

Yeah, I worked last year full time as a "proper" HCA
    And yeah, the year flew by, but it was bloody knackering... waking up at like 5:30 and bloody night shifts....bleurghhhh :afraid:
    Would ebay actually do them? I wouldn't put it past them to give you the material with wrong answers. Just to make you suffer. Or maybe I'm just incredibly paranoid. :tongue:
    At least it did help though. So the money was worth it! Even if overpriced.

Proper? Yeah yeah. I know what you mean though. :tongue:
    It's more tiring than I thought it'd be tbh. Actually, I still don't actually feel tired as such but I probably am. According to my parents I definitely am. :rolleyes:
    I don't have nights. :puppyeyes: But earlies are awful.

ReputationRep:
    Would ebay actually do them? I wouldn't put it past them to give you the material with wrong answers. Just to make you suffer. Or maybe I'm just incredibly paranoid. :tongue:
    At least it did help though. So the money was worth it! Even if overpriced.

Proper? Yeah yeah. I know what you mean though. :tongue:
    It's more tiring than I thought it'd be tbh. Actually, I still don't actually feel tired as such but I probably am. According to my parents I definitely am. :rolleyes:
    I don't have nights. :puppyeyes: But earlies are awful.
    Nah, people who have been on the course probably stick them on there to sell after. You is being paranoid :rolleyes: You ever used ebay? :eyeball:
    Yeah, I guess..

I'm joking HCA work differs so much depending on what sort of ward and hospital you are working at tbh :yep:
    Nights aren't actually that bad, oh dear god, an early shift after a later shift is like FML...

Do you enjoy it? I thought it was really good, but it is very very demanding... tbh I can't be bothered with HCA work again unless its part time/bank shifts

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I've decided after lengthy discussions ie. persuading my family, that i am reapplying for 2012 entry.
    this will be my 2nd gap year. i applied to edinburgh, glasgow, aberdeen and dundee for medicine last year, and this evening have rejected my offer to study biology at edinburgh. i have aaaab at higher and bbb advanced higher, got 635 in my ukcat so academically the odds were against me. non-academically however i have a lot.
    i'm planning on doing a course to get my ukcat up, i really want to go to glasgow and once you have your ukcat over their threshold i know you're guaranteed an interview.
    anyone recommend any? i know the kaplan is meant to be pretty good.
    anyway, i've just been offered a job as a healthcare assistant at my local nhs hospital which im really happy about. so all starts from here
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow reapplicants joining this thread after finally persuading my family and college to let me to take a gap year or as i like to call it a mysteryy yeaar .. makes it sound a bit more exciting rather than me getting a job and living at home for a year :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaMaria)
    Hello
    I've decided after lengthy discussions ie. persuading my family, that i am reapplying for 2012 entry.
    this will be my 2nd gap year. i applied to edinburgh, glasgow, aberdeen and dundee for medicine last year, and this evening have rejected my offer to study biology at edinburgh. i have aaaab at higher and bbb advanced higher, got 635 in my ukcat so academically the odds were against me. non-academically however i have a lot.
    i'm planning on doing a course to get my ukcat up, i really want to go to glasgow and once you have your ukcat over their threshold i know you're guaranteed an interview.
    anyone recommend any? i know the kaplan is meant to be pretty good.
    anyway, i've just been offered a job as a healthcare assistant at my local nhs hospital which im really happy about. so all starts from here
    xxxx
    Do the 600q book a few times, do the official online tests a few times, kaplan papers, UPO... that should be enough practice for you to develop a good strategy for each section and hopefully improve your score

ReputationRep:
    Can someone PM me the UKCAT tips, pooleez:puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuredoc77)
    Wait what's prelims? :stupido2:

:console: Work on Saturdays truly sucks :sadnod: especially on a gorgeous sunny one like today :moon:

Good luck with the exams :afraid:

Jumphugs are awesome :gah:

:nutcase: Wow!! That's so cool :teeth: let us know how it all goes :dance:

I'm gooood :sexface: Just applied through Extra this morning :gah:
    what for and where?! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    anyone not got it?

And yes i know that's not correct english

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    anyone not got it?

You're canny fitt for giving me that ukcat stuff. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks DMZ.

On another note, my brother had a baby girl 7lbs 1oz last night! :dance: :woohoo: Everyone is doing really well You should see this baby's hair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    anyone not got it?

I don't! And I've decided if I get a high UKCAT score, and it gets me into university, I may reveal me identity :sexface:

Sorry I've been AWOL though - just not as dedicated to the reapp thread as you guys :P

ReputationRep:
    soo... im reapplying while starting my Chemical Engineering...
    Im doomed to refail, but i need to have this as a back up!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2012
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.