The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by futuredoc77
We should be officially qualified to write a book on the UKCAT after doing it 3 bloody times :smug:

twice :colonhash: (I love that smiley, lol)

I'm going to bed now! sweet dreams! x x
Original post by dmz
twice :colonhash: (I love that smiley, lol)

I'm going to bed now! sweet dreams! x x

3 times :hmmmm2:

Night!! :h:
can someone pm me UKCAT tips, pleasepleasepleaseplease! i got 695 last year, not great but not bad. also i'm worried that i haven't done maths this year (my subjects are AH chem AH english crash H bio int1 spanish) and so i wont be very sharp with problem solving :/
Original post by medapplicant2011
can someone pm me UKCAT tips, pleasepleasepleaseplease! i got 695 last year, not great but not bad. also i'm worried that i haven't done maths this year (my subjects are AH chem AH english crash H bio int1 spanish) and so i wont be very sharp with problem solving :/

That's a great score! Just do what you did last time :dontknow:
Reply 824
Original post by garlicbreadman
What do they do? Are HCAs nurses' bitches? I don't mean that in a derogatory way :redface:

The types of duties include the following:

washing and dressing
feeding
helping people to mobilise
toileting :eek:
bed making
generally assisting with patients overall comfort
monitoring patients conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respiration's and weight

Don't forget cleaning poop off the wall because someones feeling artistic one afternoon and wants to do a bit of painting with the content of their incontinence pad, or finding poos hidden in first aid cupboards, old people criticising your every action never saying thank you and telling you that you look fat in your uniform, being given the worst shifts because you're the newbie and you run around doing all the work whilst the rest of your "team" sit in the kitchen cooking chips, being punched in the face when your showering someone. Oh and being paid below minimum wage for this lovely experience......all the while maintaining patience a lovely smile and caring attitude when you are inwardly screaming with rage. Granted I was a Care assistant in a care home for the elderly, I imagine being a HCA on a hospital ward would be much more interesting and much less soul destroying :sigh:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 825
Original post by dearyme
Don't forget cleaning poop off the wall because someones feeling artistic one afternoon and wants to do a bit of painting with the content of their incontinence pad, or finding poos hidden in first aid cupboards, old people criticising your every action never saying thank you and telling you that you look fat in your uniform, being given the worst shifts because you're the newbie and you run around doing all the work whilst the rest of your "team" sit in the kitchen cooking chips, being punched in the face when your showering someone. Oh and being paid below minimum wage for this lovely experience......all the while maintaining patience a lovely smile and caring attitude when you are inwardly screaming with rage. Granted I was a Care assistant in a care home for the elderly, I imagine being a HCA on a hospital ward would be much more interesting and much less soul destroying :sigh:

:rofl:

:moon:
Reply 826
Original post by dearyme

Or when someone feels like robin hood and decide to fling crap! But yer, find crap stained things around is not cool at all, i don't touch anything in anyone's room anymore without a glove, lol. There's this woman that wees on the floor and then tells you the floor is wet :colonhash:
Reply 827
Original post by dmz
Did that quite often on QR, only cos it was gonna take time i just go C and D alternate if it looks like it'll take time, it turned out to be my highest both times tho :tongue:

Haha, yeahh I can usually take an educated 'it'll probably work out something like that' and I marked it so I could come back to it if I had time. I was amazed by my score in that one though - 790. I reckon it was mostly just luck.

Original post by medapplicant2011

Heyyyyy, I got 665 :frown: You'll be fine with it - the maths is just percentages and stuff, and tbh in Maths you don't do any thing as lovely as percentages :P Stupid algebra!

EDIT: And can I have the UKCAT tips pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee :smile:
I'll be jumping on this thread :hi:
Reply 829
Original post by dmz
Or when someone feels like robin hood and decide to fling crap! But yer, find crap stained things around is not cool at all, i don't touch anything in anyone's room anymore without a glove, lol. There's this woman that wees on the floor and then tells you the floor is wet :colonhash:

Lovely, we have a women who purposely walks around her room with her trousers down craps everywhere stands in it, puts it in her handbag then blames you for whats happened......
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
I'll be jumping on this thread :hi:

Oioi :h:
Reply 831
Original post by dearyme
Lovely, we have a women who purposely walks around her room with her trousers down craps everywhere stands in it, puts it in her handbag then blames you for whats happened......

okay you won! :tongue:
Reply 832
Original post by dmz
okay you won! :tongue:

Haha I have some great poo stories but sadly its not really a topic of conversation many people can relate to and appreciate...
Reply 833
Original post by dearyme
Haha I have some great poo stories but sadly its not really a topic of conversation many people can relate to and appreciate...

:no: can't see you pulling too well with stories like that :tongue:
Reply 834
Original post by dmz
:no: can't see you pulling too well with stories like that :tongue:

Story of my life :rolleyes:
Reply 835
Original post by dearyme
Story of my life :rolleyes:

Haha you're a girl, such problems rarely exist in your world :tongue:. Are you j****? You forget who's who when you've discovered so many identity :tongue:
Reply 836
Original post by dmz
Haha you're a girl, such problems rarely exist in your world :tongue:. Are you j****? You forget who's who when you've discovered so many identity :tongue:

Haha yes I am that person. Gotta love the stalking that takes place on the 2011 reapplicant thread!
Reply 837
Original post by dearyme
Haha yes I am that person. Gotta love the stalking that takes place on the 2011 reapplicant thread!

Haha i know, penguin had a list on his page at some point, there 4 or 5 people i never found out though :frown:, from what i've seen of you, you should have no problem :wink:
Reply 838
Original post by dmz
Haha i know, penguin had a list on his page at some point, there 4 or 5 people i never found out though :frown:, from what i've seen of you, you should have no problem :wink:

Hahaha always the smooth talker :tongue:
Reply 839
Original post by dearyme
Hahaha always the smooth talker :tongue:

:laugh: I try...i really do :sad:

:rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending