Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Well you can just try and acheive it all in one week then and I'll have two

Which seems fair since you have a hell of a lot more oppurtinities since there'll only be 400 BATL freshers (incl dentists) and not sure how intergrated freshers fortnight is with QM so you have an advantage there

Ah touché!
    It's not a problem if you're not accountable

Haven't seen Happy Insomniac on here in a while and DrWannabe is quiet too.. why do we need them? :dontknow:

:plz2: Here's the current top 5 posters:
    dmz 117
    futuredoc77 93
    twelve 90
    Penguinsaysquack 75
    Mask Of Sanity 62

Another one! Who was it this time :rolleyes:
    i do have a lot to choose from, person that found my identity seems pretty dtf already and it's same uni tho I'm not into online...but yea i have a lot more options since mine is much bigger with lots more girls to guy so it's fair

Damn! I don't understand how my postcounts go up so quickly, bet I'm still in top 3 for ours :facepalm:
    (Original post by twelve)
    Haha, I can only imagine ... :sexface:

So who's the cheat then?!

Haha, I'm going to be using your list as inspiration for mine I think!

Third?! Just not good enough. Must try harder...
    Haha she is not me. Makes me feel like a rudeboy too so Why not?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by dmz)
    i do have a lot to choose from, person that found my identity seems pretty dtf already and it's same uni tho I'm not into online...but yea i have a lot more options since mine is much bigger with lots more girls to guy so it's fair

Damn! I don't understand how my postcounts go up so quickly, bet I'm still in top 3 for ours :facepalm:

Haha she is not me. Makes me feel like a rudeboy too so Why not?
    I don't know how you manage it either

And honestly.. you're still top poster for ours too:
    dmz 1,212
    sarah1991 1,164
    Beska 702
    Penguinsaysquack 679
    futuredoc77 656

Sarah's catching you up though! :yep:

ReputationRep:

dmz 1,212
    sarah1991 1,164
    Beska 702
    Penguinsaysquack 679
    futuredoc77 656

butbutbut I've not been active on ours for ages :sad: everyone else seems to be less active tbh other than Sarah's and haleems late nights, lol

ReputationRep:

dmz 1,212
    sarah1991 1,164
    Beska 702
    Penguinsaysquack 679
    futuredoc77 656

I will catch up someday.

My level of posts will be over 9000................

ReputationRep:

dmz 1,212
    sarah1991 1,164
    Beska 702
    Penguinsaysquack 679
    futuredoc77 656

Even I'm no longer there. :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    Hmmm. You didnt answer my question before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestar101)
    aberdeen uni gave terrible feedback. It is just a generic letter. :mad:
    Ohh I already recieved that, no way you can get specific feedback? Looks like I will be phoning med admissions on Monday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baztech)
    Ohh I already recieved that, no way you can get specific feedback? Looks like I will be phoning med admissions on Monday...
    They've said that we can ask for specific feedback in writing from April onwards on the letter.

ReputationRep:
    Can you let me know what they say, as I want better feedback related to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roar558)
    They've said that we can ask for specific feedback in writing from April onwards on the letter.
    Didn't on mine *double checks* just some stats on the applicants and nonsense about if I am interested in studying another degree programme; like I am going to decide on a whim I actually want to do media studies instead...

ReputationRep:
    Can you let me know what they say, as I want better feedback related to me.
    sure thing squire

ReputationRep:
    Didn't on mine *double checks* just some stats on the applicants and nonsense about if I am interested in studying another degree programme; like I am going to decide on a whim I actually want to do media studies instead...
    Oh sorry, I made a mistake, I emailed them asking for feedback before they sent the letters and got the following reply

Thank you for contacting Medical Admissions. Your comments regarding the decision made about your application have been noted.

You will be mailed with further information from the Dean of Medical Admissions, explaining why the University of Aberdeen is unable to make you an offer of Admission. This letter will be sent in April 2011.

Having received this information, should you then require further feedback about your application, this may be undertaken from April onwards following written request to Medical Admissions after this date.

Please note that a response from the Medical School/subsequent feedback will only be given to the applicant.

ReputationRep:
    crappy feedback from aberdeen. Was even worse with Keele, they an outdated word document attached to the email. Was tempted to reply saying **** you

ReputationRep:
    Brutal, urgh sick of working in a bar not doing anything medicine related, gonna try and severely change this from Monday onwards, need to get my head down. Although think it's a tad early to start UKCAT revision...OR IS IT!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    crappy feedback from aberdeen. Was even worse with Keele, they an outdated word document attached to the email. Was tempted to reply saying **** you
    Demi, me and you and a couple of pissed off medicine applicants that applied to Aberdeen should go pay them a visit and go all ninja on them. What do you say?

ReputationRep:
    Brutal, urgh sick of working in a bar not doing anything medicine related, gonna try and severely change this from Monday onwards, need to get my head down. Although think it's a tad early to start UKCAT revision...OR IS IT!?
    I hope we both get into medicine this year and a couple of others like DMZ, futuredoc, etc. We deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    I hope we both get into medicine this year and a couple of others like DMZ, futuredoc, etc. We deserve it.
    Too right m8, how are you trying to "up the ante" as it were this year, all I have done is made a few measly pounds...figured I needed to take a wee break (I don't know if you recall my "witty" list of gap yah ideas way back at start of this thread?). So going to try and get shadowing sorted and maybe some volenteer work looking ahead to the UKCAT.

Also my application failed due to poor choices esp with the GEM courses considering my UKCAT, stupid stupid. So I really only applied to 2 universities.

P.S Couple of querys for everyone...

1. Can you get the person who wrote your reference to just redraft another one for this year? OR is it fine to just reuse the same one word for word? (I might only be applying to St.Andrews in terms of same Universities from 2011 entry)
    2. Same Q. as 1 but for your PS.
    3. Can we use same UCAS username/Personal ID etc or does this change?

Appreciate the big up firestar, don't think I can handle failing 2 times in a row...

ReputationRep:
    Too right m8, how are you trying to "up the ante" as it were this year, all I have done is made a few measly pounds...figured I needed to take a wee break (I don't know if you recall my "witty" list of gap yah ideas way back at start of this thread?). So going to try and get shadowing sorted and maybe some volenteer work looking ahead to the UKCAT.

Also my application failed due to poor choices esp with the GEM courses considering my UKCAT, stupid stupid. So I really only applied to 2 universities.

P.S Couple of querys for everyone...

1. Can you get the person who wrote your reference to just redraft another one for this year? OR is it fine to just reuse the same one word for word? (I might only be applying to St.Andrews in terms of same Universities from 2011 entry)
    2. Same Q. as 1 but for your PS.
    3. Can we use same UCAS username/Personal ID etc or does this change?

Appreciate the big up firestar, don't think I can handle failing 2 times in a row...
    Yes, you can use the same reference. That is what I will be doing. I will be changing my personal statement, because I think it reads like a list and should read more like a story.

I think that the ucas id changes, but you can login to last year's ucas, when you apply this year.

I am going to work on my ukcat, as mine was terrible this year. Also, I am trying to get work as a care assistant/health care assistant, but it is proving extremely difficult.

Might try different volunteer work. Sent my application to Samaritans today, so hopefully hear from them soon.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can use the same reference. That is what I will be doing. I will be changing my personal statement, because I think it reads like a list and should read more like a story.

I think that the ucas id changes, but you can login to last year's ucas, when you apply this year.

I am going to work on my ukcat, as mine was terrible this year. Also, I am trying to get work as a care assistant/health care assistant, but it is proving extremely difficult.

Might try different volunteer work. Sent my application to Samaritans today, so hopefully hear from them soon.
    Good choice, might follow suit actually, heard they are great to get involved in, not to mention one of my university mates was involved in that and got into medicine on his first attempt. But in all seriousness we all get low at some points so it's good to have things like nightlines and information at hand.

ReputationRep:
    Also just read the last 15-20pages and theres a sickeningly large amount of flirting going on, without me being involved gutted.

Also I feel I am a good front runner for the earliest TSR member on here, 2005 is pretty sick

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.