Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    That was UCL and Leeds last year. Learning curve I guess. Have you got any feedback yet?

Aha, did you ask for feedback or did the unis you applied to have a policy not to give it?
    I asked, I got generic letter..

Boooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellowmonkeyman)
    I asked, I got generic letter..

Boooo!
    I got that this year. :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    That was UCL and Leeds last year. Learning curve I guess. Have you got any feedback yet?

Aha, did you ask for feedback or did the unis you applied to have a policy not to give it?
    got a generic one from keele, aberdeen. I got 9/16 for academics with leeds which meant i needed full mark in everything else for an interview, think i got 22/24 for my ps. Still waiting for glasgows, asked about a week ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    got a generic one from keele, aberdeen. I got 9/16 for academics with leeds which meant i needed full mark in everything else for an interview, think i got 22/24 for my ps. Still waiting for glasgows, asked about a week ago
    ****ing Keele.

22/24 is really good though! Leeds are funny. I don't think I'll ever know what it is they look for exactly. :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    ****ing Keele.

22/24 is really good though! Leeds are funny. I don't think I'll ever know what it is they look for exactly. :nopity:
    haha yer same score as last year, i dropped motivation points but gained responsibility and extra curricular. Ha well, it doesn't matter anymore. lol. Keele was just a mistake to begin with

ReputationRep:
    If I get the grades and reapply next year this will be what my application will look like:

AAA (hopefully) in Maths, Chemistry and Biology.
    B in As Psychology.
    C in As General Studies.

GCSEs: A*AAAAAAAAB and 2 BTECs at Distinction* Grade (which, retrospectively, I wish I'd never done).

I got 620 average in UKCAT this year, hopefully I'll improve on that.

I'd just like your opinions on my (potential) academic profile; I know its not bad but there's so much emphasis on A*s at GCSE lately and I really doubt I'll be getting any A*s at A level either. So basically, do you guys think my academics are good enough to give me a realistic chance at reapplying? Cheers all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJHERBZ)
    If I get the grades and reapply next year this will be what my application will look like:

B in As Psychology.
    C in As General Studies.

GCSEs: A*AAAAAAAAB and 2 BTECs at Distinction* Grade (which, retrospectively, I wish I'd never done).

I'd just like your opinions on my (potential) academic profile; I know its not bad but there's so much emphasis on A*s at GCSE lately and I really doubt I'll be getting any A*s at A level either. So basically, do you guys think my academics are good enough to give me a realistic chance at reapplying? Cheers all
    Yea, haleem got 3 or 4 offers with 4a's at gcse at his 3rd attempt. Depends where you apply. Don't apply to Leeds, not to Birmingham, Maybe Liverpool, they're fairly gcse whorey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestar101)
    They will probably say that you was too cool for the course, blood. :cool:
    Blood, I can hear them sirens coming. (Hopeful someone will get my allusion..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestar101)
    I got it, too. The ukcat tips. I can pass it on. I will do it later. Going out to meet a friend.

It is because we love you enough, not to give it. If that makes sense. Lol.

Joking. It is because you is too cool for them, blood.
    Hi ! Could I have a copy of your tips please? I'll save you my last square of CDM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJHERBZ)

B in As Psychology.
    C in As General Studies.

Your academics are fine for most universities! Cambridge no though, unless you get an A*. Birmingham (and possibly any other universities that require a specific amount of A* at GCSE) are also a no. I'd also go ahead and say not to apply to Oxford and perhaps King's who tend to like many A*s at GCSE, same with Liverpool. Play to your strengths.

Depending on what you get in your UKCAT, it'll either open you up to medical schools or narrow them down.

Generally though, your academic profile is fine. Only slightly limited.

ReputationRep:
    Woah, guys.

I go away for two days, and I miss all of this!?

I've been doing some maths past papers, and I'm starting to get REALLY stressed about the whole exams thing. I just don't think that I'll get the grades. I'm lucky because I really only need C's I think to average out on an A, but even so - its scary because I think I'm just scraping D's at the moment on some of the maths ones :/

I don't want to do EXAMS

I keep getting distracted by the holidays as well, and looking forward to things I can do in my gap year.

I need to get drunk this week haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    Woah, guys.

I go away for two days, and I miss all of this!?

I've been doing some maths past papers, and I'm starting to get REALLY stressed about the whole exams thing. I just don't think that I'll get the grades. I'm lucky because I really only need C's I think to average out on an A, but even so - its scary because I think I'm just scraping D's at the moment on some of the maths ones :/

I don't want to do EXAMS

I keep getting distracted by the holidays as well, and looking forward to things I can do in my gap year.

I need to get drunk this week haha
    Haha, don't think we've said much without you

the last exams were totally Meh, you'll miss the studying in your gap year tho. Drinking's always the way to go. I really want to be Charlie sheen these days. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Haha, don't think we've said much without you

the last exams were totally Meh, you'll miss the studying in your gap year tho. Drinking's always the way to go. I really want to be Charlie sheen these days. Lol
    Well just discussing your love lives it seems...

But its all news to me, so it is quite a lot :P

Yeahh, I probably will - but its the motivation to do it NOW that I'm struggling with at the moment :/

ReputationRep:
    Well just discussing your love lives it seems...

But its all news to me, so it is quite a lot :P

Yeahh, I probably will - but its the motivation to do it NOW that I'm struggling with at the moment :/
    Ha crap i forgot about that conversation. Probably why this thread has been quiet. Lol

Yea when you need c's and e's it's hard to be motivated, at the same time it's your last chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Ha crap i forgot about that conversation. Probably why this thread has been quiet. Lol

Yea when you need c's and e's it's hard to be motivated, at the same time it's your last chance.
    Haha, you didn't tell me about how you seem like messing with girls when you said about your cooking and cleaning (and apparently poem writing?!)

Yeah exactly - why I'm going to try and do half an hour now

ReputationRep:
    Haha, you didn't tell me about how you seem like messing with girls when you said about your cooking and cleaning (and apparently poem writing?!)

Yeah exactly - why I'm going to try and do half an hour now
    Yea i don't wanna go back to the poem part, Haha, never really cooked for a girl, well I've cooked, mum's had some but I'm sure that doesn't count. Why, does that interest you more? Lol. I have quite a lot of sides to me .
    I've been revising on and off for over an hour. Why is studying so boring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Yea i don't wanna go back to the poem part, Haha, never really cooked for a girl, well I've cooked, mum's had some but I'm sure that doesn't count. Why, does that interest you more? Lol. I have quite a lot of sides to me .
    I've been revising on and off for over an hour. Why is studying so boring?
    Ohh, but that bit sounds like the best part! Haha, I think I'm beginning to work that out for myself

God knows - makes it so much harder to stay motivated! Doesn't help that I'm tired either I was sick last night and had horrible dreams

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1610444

omglolz XD.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, but that bit sounds like the best part! Haha, I think I'm beginning to work that out for myself

God knows - makes it so much harder to stay motivated! Doesn't help that I'm tired either I was sick last night and had horrible dreams
    Haha, the sex bit or like messing with people's mind? Not everyone can handle it . You like

Aww, should have just called me over? ? Don't ask? Seriously would love to go somewhere out of UK just to chill

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I was literally JUST reading this.

Funniest thing I've read in aaaages

(Original post by dmz)
    Haha, the sex bit or like messing with people's mind? Not everyone can handle it . You like

Aww, should have just called me over? ? Don't ask? Seriously would love to go somewhere out of UK just to chill
    I meant the cooking and cleaning bit :P

Haha, I'm okayy, just tired now :/ I don't understand the bold bit though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.