Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Same. Dont know whether im gona accept it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    Good to hear. I very much doubt i'd get a HCA-type job during my gap year. I'm probably going to be having an operation around September/October time which makes it difficult to apply for a job starting around that time, because i have no clue how much recovery time i'll need or indeed when it's taking place

I got a C and (technically) a B at GCSE and i got interviews at HYMS and Leicester

I know :/

You'd think they'd at least provide us with a half-decent calculator...
    what?! Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm sure it was A on the site? I dint apply first time cos of that and every single person from my college that applied there got in :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    I bet it's great motivation knowing you've just got to get the grades and you can have a wonderful holiday. Have fun btw:dance:
    Yeah haha. It should be good. But until then...

Yeahh, I'm not planning on applying to Sheffield unless I get a 750 average. And thats not going to happen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    what?! Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm sure it was A on the site? I dint apply first time cos of that and every single person from my college that applied there got in :facepalm:
    Sorry dmz. Perhaps that was for A-levels? Or maybe they only look at your first (for example) 8 GCSE's?

I hadn't actually checked the GCSE requirements for leicester when i applied - i remember it being a last minute choice when i realised i couldn't apply to Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    Yeah haha. It should be good. But until then...

Yeahh, I'm not planning on applying to Sheffield unless I get a 750 average. And thats not going to happen...
    What did you get first time round? if it was close to 700 you'll have a fair shot at hitting 750, what with the experience and the fact you are now older and (hopefully) wiser :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    Sorry dmz. Perhaps that was for A-levels? Or maybe they only look at your first (for example) 8 GCSE's?

I hadn't actually checked the GCSE requirements for leicester when i applied - i remember it being a last minute choice when i realised i couldn't apply to Sheffield.
    i meant hyms not leicester, and what did you mean practically a b, a low a?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    i meant hyms not leicester, and what did you mean practically a b, a low a?
    Oh, i meant it was the DiDA course (a bit like GCSE IT).

I was awarded a 'Credit' for my coursework, which is the equivalent of a 'B'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    Oh, i meant it was the DiDA course (a bit like GCSE IT).

I was awarded a 'Credit' for my coursework, which is the equivalent of a 'B'
    Ha right, i had b in both courseworks and A in exams but low ones it would seem, Ha well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    What did you get first time round? if it was close to 700 you'll have a fair shot at hitting 750, what with the experience and the fact you are now older and (hopefully) wiser :crossedf:
    Well last year I got 665 :/ Buttttt, I got a 480 which brought it WAYYY down. If you don't count that, I think my average was 740? So yeah. I'm aiming to improve that 480 by at least a hundred, and that would make everything soo much easier.

ReputationRep:
    Well last year I got 665 :/ Buttttt, I got a 480 which brought it WAYYY down. If you don't count that, I think my average was 740? So yeah. I'm aiming to improve that 480 by at least a hundred, and that would make everything soo much easier.
    Mine was similar. I had a ~500 for the last section. I was completely bored and tired by that point. Hopefully i can be a bit more consistent this time around

2 hours is too long, the teenage mind tends to wander

ReputationRep:
    I want Medicine, so bad.

ReputationRep:
    i got the same, my other 3 weren't as high tho, 2 were 700 and verbal 600, can't remember AR found those two the easiest too

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one who seems to fail abstract reasoning
    i can't ever see the pattern in the shapes!
    I loved decision analysis though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuredoc77)
    I want Medicine, so bad.
    I am futuredoc until friday. You should be preparing for your interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    Mine was similar. I had a ~500 for the last section. I was completely bored and tired by that point. Hopefully i can be a bit more consistent this time around

2 hours is too long, the teenage mind tends to wander
    Yeah I want to be more consistent - but only if it means bringing the AR up. Otherwise my score will get worse! :P

(Original post by dmz)
    i got the same, my other 3 weren't as high tho, 2 were 700 and verbal 600, can't remember AR found those two the easiest too

(Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek)
    Am i the only one who seems to fail abstract reasoning
    i can't ever see the pattern in the shapes!
    I loved decision analysis though
    Ahh no abstract reasoning is the hardest. I didn't actually know ANY of the answers last year. I literally guessed every single one. I was lucky to get 480 I think! Decision analysis is good though. Just seems really easy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I want to be more consistent - but only if it means bringing the AR up. Otherwise my score will get worse! :P

Ahh no abstract reasoning is the hardest. I didn't actually know ANY of the answers last year. I literally guessed every single one. I was lucky to get 480 I think! Decision analysis is good though. Just seems really easy.
    i thought it was VR that you got 480 i like AR, i guess the least on that one, QR i do nearly half properly and guess the rest, got 700 on DA but i don't think I'd ever be able to do it properly cos focus is gone before i even finish QR lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    i thought it was VR that you got 480 i like AR, i guess the least on that one, QR i do nearly half properly and guess the rest, got 700 on DA but i don't think I'd ever be able to do it properly cos focus is gone before i even finish QR lol
    Haha yeahh thats the problem. Its just so stressful and it doesn't le tup over the whole two hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestar101)
    I am futuredoc until friday. You should be preparing for your interview.
    :shiftyrun:

ReputationRep:
    I just got my feedback from the only interview I had, it basically said I did everything wrong. I'd nearly got over being rejected and it just reminded me of it all over again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinth)
    I just got my feedback from the only interview I had, it basically said I did everything wrong. I'd nearly got over being rejected and it just reminded me of it all over again
    At least you know what went wrong and can put that right next time ...and i'm sure it wasn't that bad

Where was it from?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.