The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by firestar101
well done, then. Glad it went well. Was the interview quite easy? What did they ask you?

Thank you dear :hat2:

It was fairly easy yes. We talked about Osama for like 10 minutes or so :rofl2:
Good times :yep:
Original post by futuredoc77
The interview was actually on the 3rd :teehee: I had misunderstood it first... it's already done and dusted.
And the offer came through yesterday :ninjagirl:

But thanks for pushing me :colondollar:

You got an offer! :gah:

You thinking of firming it and spending some quality time with me, moistybabes, tikkitak and the traitor tome27 in old london town? :teeth:
Hey, Everyone

I have made a new thread in the medicine section about how the ukcat is used in each medical school. It is quite long, but it should help everyone when they have decide what medical school to apply to.

The thread is here:-

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1629090
Reply 1523
Hey, Everyone

I have made a new thread in the medicine section about how the ukcat is used in each medical school. It is quite long, but it should help everyone when they have decide what medical school to apply to.

Thank you
Original post by Braddd
Yeah, chem eng was stupidly my back-up choice however advanced higher physics has put me off ALL engineering. It's not difficult... my teacher is a ****... Everybody thinks it's ridiculous that I'm willing to pay fees to study in England rather than get it free in Scotland, but if paying fees means that I got into a medical school, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Never thought about it... Any reason why?

It's alright. My back up choice last year was Imperial for biomedical engineering and I was seriously considering it. Physics :facepalm2: My school didn't have Physics taught there so first year I had to go to a different school for it and second year, I was doing it through distance learning. :facepalm2: It does show dedication though since you are will to pay the increased rate as well even though you could study for free.

It's just another option. The more options the better imo, although their admissions are fairly different. They have their own admission test - HPAT, and I don't think they interview.
Reply 1525
Hey, Everyone

Thanks, that looks really good. Will be really helpful :biggrin: +1
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Lol thanks i will most def need it!
Are you not planning on doing the UKCAT this time then..?

Aha, good luck with it! I could've used it a lot more than I did. :ninja:

I was a re-applicant for the 2010-2011 cycle. :wink:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
You got an offer! :gah:

You thinking of firming it and spending some quality time with me, moistybabes, tikkitak and the traitor tome27 in old london town? :teeth:

:shh:

I'm not sure :emo: I'll be firming it yes, but we'll see what happens :moon:
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Aha, good luck with it! I could've used it a lot more than I did. :ninja:

I was a re-applicant for the 2010-2011 cycle. :wink:

Ohh.. so what are you up to at the moment?
Your profile says HCA? (pardon the stalking) lol :ninja:
Ohh.. so what are you up to at the moment?
Your profile says HCA? (pardon the stalking) lol :ninja:

Aha, yep, working as a HCA. You're excused. :tongue: Trust me, the stalking goes far beyond just profile pages around these parts...
Aha, yep, working as a HCA. You're excused. :tongue: Trust me, the stalking goes far beyond just profile pages around these parts...

Really.. I better watch my back then.. :cool:
I just received an email inviting me for a HCA interview! :eek:
Lol it must be fate :jumphug:
Its wierd how my luck has turned around recently though, after about 3years of applying to jobs, i got a retail job offer yesterday and now this! :woo:
Spent hours on the "Supporting statement" section though..
Hopefully this new-found luck will continue throughout the admissions process to med school! :crossedf:
Reply 1531
It's alright. My back up choice last year was Imperial for biomedical engineering and I was seriously considering it. Physics :facepalm2: My school didn't have Physics taught there so first year I had to go to a different school for it and second year, I was doing it through distance learning. :facepalm2: It does show dedication though since you are will to pay the increased rate as well even though you could study for free.

It's just another option. The more options the better imo, although their admissions are fairly different. They have their own admission test - HPAT, and I don't think they interview.

Yeah, I've thought about doing it, just because I don't want to be stuck here for another year. I want to move out, do something... oh well.... I've declined it now.

That's kinda like what I did for chemistry this year. I was taught it through a tv in the music practice room (we were video-linked with a school 60 miles away).

If it involves another admissions test... then I'm not really wanting to apply. The UKCAT is bad enough...

I don't know what unis in England to go for next year though. I'm not doing AH biology this year (I'm doing it for the first time this year so only higher). Without biology I can apply to Barts, BSMS, Cardiff (I know Cardiff is not in england btw), Kings, Leeds, Manchester, Peninsula, Sheffield.... I'm not that familiar with English unis so I'm gonna have to do a fair bit of research.
Reply 1532
Lol thanks i will most def need it!
Are you not planning on doing the UKCAT this time then..?

Mmm nothing, just thought I'd say hi to the TSR fornicator :wink:

Haha wanna fornicate? :lol:
Reply 1533
Really.. I better watch my back then.. :cool:
I just received an email inviting me for a HCA interview! :eek:
Lol it must be fate :jumphug:
Its wierd how my luck has turned around recently though, after about 3years of applying to jobs, i got a retail job offer yesterday and now this! :woo:
Spent hours on the "Supporting statement" section though..
Hopefully this new-found luck will continue throughout the admissions process to med school! :crossedf:

i spent first 5months at home with no jobs then i have 4/5 jobs within two weeks :rolleyes:
Original post by dmz
Haha wanna fornicate? :lol:

hmm..
:rolleyes:
lol no thank you, i'm gonna behave :tongue:

Original post by dmz
i spent first 5months at home with no jobs then i have 4/5 jobs within two weeks :rolleyes:

Wow you got lucky, if they were healthcare/care related roles, how did you think you did at interview? Got one next week for a HCA job in chemo. I have noo idea what i'm supposed to say/know.. :s-smilie:
Reply 1535
hmm..
:rolleyes:
lol no thank you, i'm gonna behave :tongue:

I'll come back once the gap yr stress gets to you :tongue: lol

Wow you got lucky, if they were healthcare/care related roles, how did you think you did at interview? Got one next week for a HCA job in chemo. I have noo idea what i'm supposed to say/know.. :s-smilie:

3 of them were HCA but in residential and care homes. The interview was them telling me how much am getting and if i had any questions :dontknow: might be different for hospital. Accompanied a resident for her chemo yesterday and HCA's just called people in from the waiting room, didn't seem like there was much to do, gonna apply to work there as soon as i get my laptop
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dmz
I'll come back once the gap yr stress gets to you :tongue: lol

Haha if you're brave you will :tongue:

Original post by dmz
3 of them were HCA but in residential and care homes. The interview was them telling me how much am getting and if i had any questions :dontknow: might be different for hospital. Accompanied a resident for her chemo yesterday and HCA's just called people in from the waiting room, didn't seem like there was much to do, gonna apply to work there as soon as i get my laptop

Ok lol sounds more like a post-offer interview or something
I was told to look up what HCAs actually do on chemo cos i'll be asked what i think my role will involve, probably some scenarios and about myself and why i wanna work as a HCA, dreading the last question now. I just know I'm gonna babble and not make any sense. Then i'll probably start talking about medicine out of desperation to fill the awkward silence then they'll be like "Ok we'll get back to you" and rip up my application.. :frown:
Reply 1537
Hey, Everyone

Thanks very much. Appreciate the effort :adore:

I'll read through it all when we get to the weekend :smile:
Reply 1538
Haha if you're brave you will :tongue:
Haha the frustration WILL kick in :tongue: lot

Ok lol sounds more like a post-offer interview or something
I was told to look up what HCAs actually do on chemo cos i'll be asked what i think my role will involve, probably some scenarios and about myself and why i wanna work as a HCA, dreading the last question now. I just know I'm gonna babble and not make any sense. Then i'll probably start talking about medicine out of desperation to fill the awkward silence then they'll be like "Ok we'll get back to you" and rip up my application.. :frown:

Yea basically, they tell me to come for an interview but usually turns out I've got the job already. How are you gonna go about that? Haha the medicine's never worked against me before. I'm sure you'll be alright, probably over qualified for it :smile:
Original post by dmz
Haha the frustration WILL kick in :tongue: lot

lol i have ways of dealing with frustration :wink:

Original post by dmz
Yea basically, they tell me to come for an interview but usually turns out I've got the job already. How are you gonna go about that? Haha the medicine's never worked against me before. I'm sure you'll be alright, probably over qualified for it :smile:

I'll try and reseach the role or ask others i know who worked there
but i'm not going to start explaining the concept of chemo to someone that has been trained in it..
I'll try my best i guess but all this gap year planning is distracting my revision.. :s-smilie:

But away from fornication and med talk... What is demi short for..?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending