Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

England - nation of uglies? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that if you type "Britain" next to the word "ugly" in Google u get many hits denouncing that other countries regarding england' populous as not aesthetically pleasing Do it for other nations and it's a different story. I got more than 20 pages of results.

Further, a pretty vacuous site called "Beautifulpeople.com" have stated that Brits hardly make it in.

Bad genes and diet to blame?

ReputationRep:
    Britain =/= England.

Are you American or something? (and if you are I guess you haven't heard the story of the pot and kettle)

0/10 on your trolling.

ReputationRep:
    was waiting for someone to ask me where I from, that it matters.

if you get off ur trolling tip and do what I did in terms of searches, u'd be asking the same questions.

so can u grow some balls and do it. don't attack me I'm a low life anyway but it's an interesting observation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimalme)
    was waiting for someone to ask me where I from, that it matters.

if you get off ur trolling tip and do what I did in terms of searches, u'd be asking the same questions.

so can u grow some balls and do it. don't attack me I'm a low life anyway but it's an interesting observation.
    I think my IQ just dropped ten points reading this. Also this whole thread is a troll.

There will always be attractive and unattractive people in any country. End of thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Empire08)
    I think my IQ just dropped ten points reading this. Also this whole thread is a troll.

There will always be attractive and unattractive people in any country. End of thread.
    I'm with you there.

ReputationRep:
    It's true (especially for women) and I have a theory as to why this is:

1) Climate
    Compared to our sister countries (US, Canada, Aus etc) we suffer with a poor environment. Alack of sun means that people are less likely to work out (look nice aesthetically) and thus develop pasty skin complexions and overweight bodies. However, not everybody in US and Canada live in warm climates which suggests there is more to this theory. I believe the US and Canada emit less pollution than we do (could be wrong though).

2) Drinking Culture
    British women are pigs. They drink 'til they drop and revel in their masculine behavior. Their empty lives and lack of passions/hobbies results in shallow minded bloated women. They are happy to have poor eating habits which affects their hair colour, complexion and bodies.

3) Incest
    I suspect many of the small towns in the UK have experienced interbreeding. Take one look at The Jeremy Kyle Show ffs. Some inhabitants of smaller towns and villages look like characters straight from the Lord of the Rings. Their eyes are unevenly placed, foreheads extremely large or buck teeth. This is true for other countries like the US (where we see trailer park communities that have also committed this). Yet it is much more noticable in the UK (having over a thousand years in history and being much smaller).

4) Ugly people in Media
    There is less emphasis on promoting attractive women in the media. Some of the best looking people in Hollywood are British (Christian Bale, Robert Pattinson, Keira Knightley, Kate Beckinsale etc etc). This is not reflected in our own national media. Whereas the US creates shows with a high standard of beauty, the UK focuses on trying to create a much more realistic portrayal. This is also why the UK will never make a show as good as The Sopranos. Lack of belief in this nation. British writers/directors can only succeed when creating something for American tv.

This lack of emphasis on good looks reflects in the population. They have a much lesser standard to live up to in order to achieve beauty. Katie Price isnt stunning. Stacey Slater from Eastenders isnt stunning. These are all regular women treated as beauties. Absolutely mind baffling.

ReputationRep:
    i went to a usa site forum and on there was rude message about england too saying - there a complate laugh, things like that

ReputationRep:

that's not possible I don't think people can function with a IQ of ?10.

Joking aside, if you do what I asked you to do (which takes the duration of typing ugly and british) u will see that I'm actually right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentrepreneur)
    It's true (especially for women) and I have a theory as to why this is:

1) Climate
    Compared to our sister countries (US, Canada, Aus etc) we suffer with a poor environment. Alack of sun means that people are less likely to work out (look nice aesthetically) and thus develop pasty skin complexions and overweight bodies. However, not everybody in US and Canada live in warm climates which suggests there is more to this theory. I believe the US and Canada emit less pollution than we do (could be wrong though).

2) Drinking Culture
    British women are pigs. They drink 'til they drop and revel in their masculine behavior. Their empty lives and lack of passions/hobbies results in shallow minded bloated women. They are happy to have poor eating habits which affects their hair colour, complexion and bodies.

3) Incest
    I suspect many of the small towns in the UK have experienced interbreeding. Take one look at The Jeremy Kyle Show ffs. Some inhabitants of smaller towns and villages look like characters straight from the Lord of the Rings. Their eyes are unevenly placed, foreheads extremely large or buck teeth. This is true for other countries like the US (where we see trailer park communities that have also committed this). Yet it is much more noticable in the UK (having over a thousand years in history and being much smaller).

4) Ugly people in Media
    There is less emphasis on promoting attractive women in the media. Some of the best looking people in Hollywood are British (Christian Bale, Robert Pattinson, Keira Knightley, Kate Beckinsale etc etc). This is not reflected in our own national media. Whereas the US creates shows with a high standard of beauty, the UK focuses on trying to create a much more realistic portrayal. This is also why the UK will never make a show as good as The Sopranos. Lack of belief in this nation. British writers/directors can only succeed when creating something for American tv.

This lack of emphasis on good looks reflects in the population. They have a much lesser standard to live up to in order to achieve beauty. Katie Price isnt stunning. Stacey Slater from Eastenders isnt stunning. These are all regular women treated as beauties. Absolutely mind baffling.
    wow, yes actually this is all true.

I've always thought these people looked pretty regular. If you go countries like czech republic or germany there is a huge difference. Not only do they have symmetrical faces but they seem to have some intelligence behind them. (16 year old girls reading Heidegger or molecular oncology on the train). additionally there is this huge celebrity culture in this country that seems to be rotting the core of society in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helpful_Charlie)
    I'm with you there.

also crap argument. of course there are. but why is britain more populated with ugly people??

ReputationRep:
    whats wrong with being ugly anyway its just where you turn out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJTom)
    whats wrong with being ugly anyway its just where you turn out
    bad genes, bad morale, worse career prospects, bad decisions, credit card debt, not getting kids vaccinated, return to the middle ages, centuries of suffering, ect, ect..

ReputationRep:
    why do cats meow?

ReputationRep:
    also crap argument. of course there are. but why is britain more populated with ugly people??
    I didn't have an argument :s

I simply agreed that my IQ fell after trying to decipher a poorly written post.

ReputationRep:
    This has been done to death on TSR and is getting tedious.

ReputationRep:
    bad genes, bad morale, worse career prospects, bad decisions, credit card debt, not getting kids vaccinated, return to the middle ages, centuries of suffering, ect, ect..
    Implying all these things are caused by people being ugly.

Provide some proof, rather than talking out of your arse and people might start to pay a little attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poem boy)
    This has been done to death on TSR and is getting tedious.
    hmmm yes, we should just accept it as fact then.

ReputationRep:
    Implying all these things are caused by people being ugly.

Provide some proof, rather than talking out of your arse and people might start to pay a little attention.

oh my Fuc*&%g christ, what more proof do you need?

google "British" next to "ugly". is it really that hard?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm yes, we should just accept it as fact then.
    Sadly yes, we are a bunch of mingers, thank god I'm only half British. And also thank god my my GF is not a Brit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helpful_Charlie)
    I didn't have an argument :s

I simply agreed that my IQ fell after trying to decipher a poorly written post.
    thats ok.

but can you type "British" and "ugly" into google and get back to me?

Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.