Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Of course they're overpaid. How can anyone disgaree with that statement? Iditots.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you on that one... but what about the likes of Justin Beiber who pays £900 a month for his hair cut!? And what about Beyone who spent £50,000 on a pair of leggings which she will probably NEVER wear again? It's not just footballers who get paid stupid amounts...

Think of the poor children starving in Africa...

ReputationRep:
    If there is someone who gives you a hundred thousand pounds for one reason or another, would that be disgusting because you don't deserve it? Footballers don't steal the money, it's the fans that pretty much give it to them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryboysh)
    We had this discussion in one of our college classes recently about overpaid footballers and many people had different views. My personal view is that they (footballers) get the joy of playing the game of football (which they'd play anyway regardless or not if they get payed) as well as being paid an absolute fortune, of a monthly salary of average £150,000 to £250,000 a week, £1,000,000 a month and £12,000,000 a year!! for kicking a damn ball around a pitch!!

Many people go to work (and don't enjoy it) and work 8,10, and 12hr shifts on some really hard tough jobs and are getting weekly wages of about £250-£300 a week.

I don't like football, I don't support no damn team but What is so interesting to watch about a group of grown men kicking a ball around a field and getting grossly overpaid?
    It's a business if you don't want them to get paid as much then manipulate people into not watching it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bax-man)
    Overpaid? According to what objective standard are you making that claim?
    According to what objective standard are you making the claim of according to what standard are you making that claim?

ReputationRep:
    Actors are also overpaid. Why focus on the footballers?

My point is; comparing footballers to regular 30k PA jobs is like comparing a major film star to a plumber.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    It's like the top 0.000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000001% in the entire world that are on this sort of money, in a career that every male wants to be. People who argue like this are also usually hypocrits and say musians deserve there millions despite working less hard for it.

ReputationRep:
    Dear OP shut up,

Actually take a look around see the amount of chavs who wear football teams items; yes Rooney is ugly and overrated but his name sells T-Shirts if his pay were to be cut ten he would move to a different club who would pay him that amount. These players are paid by welthy businessmen who realise that paying them this amount of money is profitable.

Besides its the wealthy businessman's money hows is what he does with it anything to do with you?

ReputationRep:
    You don't get paid what your worth you get paid what your able to negotiate from your employer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MairiTheMack)
    I agree with you on that one... but what about the likes of Justin Beiber who pays £900 a month for his hair cut!? And what about Beyone who spent £50,000 on a pair of leggings which she will probably NEVER wear again? It's not just footballers who get paid stupid amounts...

Think of the poor children starving in Africa...
    Yeah but if we just sent loads a' munny to Africa would really help? Think of the inflation, after money has no actually value.

ReputationRep:
    Chess is just as bad but what would you think if people were playing chess and making quarter a million a week. i don't like your tone you GTFO
    So what do you enjoy then music, oh well whats so great about watching some men hitting things on stage

ReputationRep:
    Chess is just as bad but what would you think if people were playing chess and making quarter a million a week. i don't like your tone you GTFO
    It certainly wouldn't bother me, It's a wage if they earn it they deserve it, Same with bankers, If the bank does well then they deserve a bonus.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.