Turn on thread page Beta

Direct Travel vs World Nomads watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm travelling to SA in two weeks and am yet to get a travel insurance policy. I've narrowed it down to these two but I really can't choose between them. Direct travel is cheaper but I've had lots of recommendations for WN (which is more expensive). Both cover walking to 6000m and sandboarding etc. Just wondering which ones you went for and why. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I can vouch for Direct Travel.
    Took a tumble in the mountains (Nepal) and they were good as gold - paid out £25k in total and not a peep out of them.
    I'd give them 10/10.

World Nomads are overpriced. Only good IF you are already abroad...they're one of the few that will insure someone once they have left their home country...

edit: Don't try and save a few quid a month by not covering your possessions - it's a ballache if/when you finally get robbed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brabzzz)
    I can vouch for Direct Travel.
    Took a tumble in the mountains (Nepal) and they were good as gold - paid out £25k in total and not a peep out of them.
    I'd give them 10/10.

World Nomads are overpriced. Only good IF you are already abroad...they're one of the few that will insure someone once they have left their home country...

edit: Don't try and save a few quid a month by not covering your possessions - it's a ballache if/when you finally get robbed.
    Cheers, did you get the backpacker option 4 with personal possessions included? Did you have to add any extras onto it like say sandboarding/soccer or natural disaster etc?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds familiar, but i didn't get cover for possessions...and didn't need it. Luckily...
    If i was going again, i'd pay the bit extra and be covered - you don't realise how annoying/expensive it is until it happens - not sure what the hell i was thinking last time!

Get as many options as you need to feel comfortable - i never do. I prefer to be 'careful' in the sense that i try and avoid anything too stupid. Sandboarding is fun, but you don't have to be THE fastest guy...the one that loses his teeth at the bottom.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.