Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When friends start hating you for your achievements? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19, in A2 and got one more regular week of highschool left before mocks, break and finals. I've been at this private school since year 6 and my classmates have known me since.

Most of us have applied to foreign unis, and out of them all, my success chances are the highest. I've got the best grades and reputation in class. I reappeared for some AS units in Jan and scored 2As while all of them dropped to Ds Es and Us and since then, they've become haters. They've been ridiculing me, insulting me and even blackmailing me which they've never done before. they've told weird things about me to my teachers, who're now telling me to watch my back.

3 of us did something a few years ago, and no one apart from us knew. We made offensive posters about this guy(who's the son of a corrupt politician) and now, since yesterday I have that guy and his people chasing me. If I get caught, I'm dead. I still haven't talked to him and nor have accepted responsibility. I only had my friends to protect me and now I don't. mega-sh*t.

What should I do? :/
    If this issue is solved, how should I behave with them until the end?

ps.
    forgot to post this anonymously. so be it.

ReputationRep:
    This just shows how back-stabbing people can be, and that your friends might not actually... be your friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    This just shows how back-stabbing people can be, and that your friends might not actually... be your friends.
    yea, I'm so effin friendless at the moment. I've camped, bunked classes, traveled, partied, what not with them.

and for tomorrow, I might just ask my mum to drop me and pick me up from school. :/

ReputationRep:
    if they do alow you to end up in **** for what the three of you did make sure your not alone. and make it clear before hand that you will not let that happen

ReputationRep:
    They are probably jealous and not quite as good friends as you hoped.
    They have either been brought up to be very competitive and envious of what they don't have, or really, they didn't really appreciate you that much in the first place, but probably a case of both.
    Anyway, keep your head high and try and tell them / make them see how... childish they are being.

ReputationRep:
    Get some new friends, I heard they're going cheap on eBay atm :ninja:
    Anyway you haven't got too long till you leave and uni and stuff. You can get into a new crowd there

ReputationRep:
    Haters gonna hate!

ReputationRep:
    Where do you go to school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in_vogue)
    Where do you go to school?
    somewhere in the middle east.

ReputationRep:
    Where do you live again?

ReputationRep:
    I'm the highest academic achiever of my friends, but they don't hate me, because they are true friends. Besides,ba lot of my friends are prettier, funnier etc than me, so why should they be jealous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    I'm the highest academic achiever of my friends, but they don't hate me, because they are true friends. Besides,ba lot of my friends are prettier, funnier etc than me, so why should they be jealous?

same thing with me, I'm not that good with humor nor any sports. They're good at a lot of things that I just can't do.

thinking positively, I'm happy that this all happened at this point in time. Now I'll be able to start Uni and push them pretenders aside for ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Where do you live again?
    Nor the UK neither Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_supernova)
    Nor the UK neither Europe.
    I guess America. Unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    I guess America. Unlucky.
    why'd i be doin A levels in the US?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know? You tell me, I don't know the education structure there as I don't care to know about it!

Or any other country for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    Eeek. Haters gonna hate...as soon as things start going well for me, I know of only like, 2 friends tops who I know will be genuinely happy for me. Not going to lie, I have had a touch of the green-eyed monster but I've known it was irrational so I've gotten over it and then been happy for my friends.

A recent example: I was offered a place on an exchange programme and I was quite excited about it, one of my friends just coolly asked "how I was going to pay for it" despite knowing nothing of my personal finances (she likes to moan about how poor she is, I hate people who do this as those who are genuinely in financial hardship tend not to talk about it). But to reiterate...haters gonna hate, and I'll be studying abroad!

Definitely don't feel bad about doing well and chucking your so-called friends. If they're heading for Ds and Es then so be it, they're not shifting their weight, that's not your fault.

I wouldn't worry too much about something you did when you were 16, but as someone else suggested, stick to your guns and ensure your "mates" are going down with you, if it comes to that. Especially as you're not solely responsible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinthe)
    Eeek. Haters gonna hate...as soon as things start going well for me, I know of only like, 2 friends tops who I know will be genuinely happy for me. Not going to lie, I have had a touch of the green-eyed monster but I've known it was irrational so I've gotten over it and then been happy for my friends.

A recent example: I was offered a place on an exchange programme and I was quite excited about it, one of my friends just coolly asked "how I was going to pay for it" despite knowing nothing of my personal finances (she likes to moan about how poor she is, I hate people who do this as those who are genuinely in financial hardship tend not to talk about it). But to reiterate...haters gonna hate, and I'll be studying abroad!

Definitely don't feel bad about doing well and chucking your so-called friends. If they're heading for Ds and Es then so be it, they're not shifting their weight, that's not your fault.

I wouldn't worry too much about something you did when you were 16, but as someone else suggested, stick to your guns and ensure your "mates" are going down with you, if it comes to that. Especially as you're not solely responsible.
    Haterz gonna hate. My guidance counselor called me over for a chat today. She said she noticed all the ridiculing and that many teachers had informed her. And what you said, was similar to what she said.

I had pretty long discussion with the guy. I put the blame on them, told him about the current scenario, etc etc and he seemed pretty satisfied with my story. I was really worried about this as that guy's dad is like well known around my city as a mafia leader and he's been in the news a couple of times for crimes, including murder. -_-

And the best revenge I could come up with is to score well in my exams and then give them all a smile on result day
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Why would you be doing them outside the UK? The poster's question was valid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    Why would you be doing them outside the UK? The poster's question was valid.
    A Levels is done all over the world, people may take them for a variety of reasons.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.