Turn on thread page Beta

university or apprenticeship for law :/ HELP watch

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,
    I am interested in becoming a commercial lawyer in the future however iv gt a long way t go as im only still doing my as levels. ive been doing some research lately and i found out that i have two main options to my dream job;

-by doing an apprenticeship which i can do striaght after my alevels and it takes me 5years with ilex where i will have qualifications to honours degree as well as work expreince ( as a legal excutive) and money cus il be earning while am learning
    - or i could take the 'normal route' and go to uni and do 3yrs law then 2yrs lpc which adds up tbh and by the end of it ill hopefully earn a job bt will have a load of loans by the end of it.

so my question is by taking the apprenticeships will I be in any way discrimnated if i attempt to go into a big commercial firm because I did not go to uni and are there any difference/advantages if i do decide to go to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Uni.
    If you don't get into commerical law via an apprenticehip you'll still have a Law degree to fall back on.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.