The Student Room Group

Friends visiting you at uni

Anon please.

Im on a gap year at the moment and im working 5 days a week and dont really have time to visit my friends at uni and i didnt book any time work since im planning to leave at the end of may anyway. Would you be offended if your best/close friend doesnt visit you at uni?
I thought this was going to be about your friends visiting you at uni. Ambiguous title, much?

If you're working 5 days a week, it's understandable. But you should visit them at least one weekend.
Wouldn't bother me.. you're on holiday more than you're in, so my group of friends just kinda agreed that we'd wait until we had a holiday. Plus I was really aware in first year of wanting to make friends at uni rather than invite my old friends over and maybe not make such great mates at uni as a result of that.
Reply 3
Thanks. Anyone else?
Reply 4
I hate having my friends from home visit me to be honest. I hate having to share my room and not having any private space for a of couple nights. I so would be secretly pleased.
Original post by Kingpin101
I hate having my friends from home visit me to be honest. I hate having to share my room and not having any private space for a of couple nights. I so would be secretly pleased.

I would love to have my friends visit me at uni! :biggrin: You get to have those "good times" again but in a completely new place.

Plus, it's only a couple of nights/weekend so sharing wouldn't be to bad.
Reply 6
None of my uni friends visited me when I was in Uni, for 3 years, and it hurt like hell.
I love having people to stay but I'm not offended that some of my friends haven't come to see me. I've only had 2 of my friends visit, but I live an hour away from home so I go home a lot and see my friends at home anyway. :smile:
Reply 8
Nah they'll understand. Just means you'll have to buy a few rounds when you finally do see them that's all. Cheaper than the tickets to go see them I bet.
I'd be a little upset but depends how close you and your friends are...I have only a few close friends.

My best friend is at university in London with two of my close guy mates), which is 4 hours away and costs £50 return (and I am in no way rich lol) but I have been to visit them at very often and they come home when they can.

I think at university it is important to make new friends, but my friends who I have now I want to be my close friends for life so I make the effort! xx
I work five days a week and i've visited friends at their unis, seems a poor excuse to me. If you do monday-friday just go on a saturday morning and leave sunday night :smile:
Reply 11
I wouldn't want them to see what a failure at life I continue to be, tbh. :X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending