Turn on thread page Beta

Phase Foods - The Foods and Drinks you love... but only in Phases! watch

ReputationRep:
    "Man, do I fancy Fruit Pastilles. I'ma get me Fruit Pastilles. God, I have such a craving for Fruit Pastilles right now. But I've been eating so many Fruit Pastilles. But man, I NEVER tire of eating Fruit Pastilles. And I never will."

(One Week Later, staring at the massive multipack of Fruit Pastilles you pre-emptively bought, anticipating you'd need them): "Ugh. I wonder if I can give these away to somebody."

We've all been there - it starts with a craving, then the Food Phase begins, and you start drinking munching on a particular item like there's no tomorrow. And then, as quickly as the craving started, it ends, and suddenly the thought of that item passing your lips makes you gag. But the strangest thing is, you know the phase of loving and over-consuming that item will return, because it's happened before.

This, my friends, is your Phase Food.

Mine? Well, I just described it. It's any kind of fruity chew sweet. For some reason I only go through phases of detesting and loving them; Fruit Pastilles, Wine Gums, Chewits, Fruitella - eating the hell out of them for up to a fortnight at a time, and then not touching a packet for maybe months later!

So what are your Phase Foods, and what kind of phase time are we talking?

Honestly now. I reaaally need to shift this crate of Fruit Pastilles.

ReputationRep:
    Hell's bells, tea.

Honestly I could go through gallons of the stuff in a week, then hate the thought of it at a moments notice. Currently trying my own blends of chai tea, it mixes things up a little so I haven't grown to hate it. Yet...

Muahahahahahahahahahaha!

ReputationRep:
    Bananas. (I dont even like bananas but sometimes I just get obsessed with eating them! )
    Peanut butter. - can literally have this on toast for breakfast, in a sandwich for lunch & then on apples throughout the day and absolutely love life. Then all of a sudden, no more peanut butter for me please.

ReputationRep:
    poached eggs on toast

ReputationRep:

peanut butter. I usually end up eating so much when i am in a peanut butter eating phase i cant stand the sight of it anymore for ages after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .X.alysha.X.)
    poached eggs on toast
    This. Well eggs in general, either soft boiled with soldiers or poached on toast, I'll go 2-3 weeks eating an unhealthy number of eggs then not eat them for ages after.

ReputationRep:
    I go through phases of craving different cereals; one day I'll really fancy, say Shreddies, a few days later and they'll get boring. The only cereal this doesn't apply to is crunchy nut...its just too good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moet et Kirst-don)
    I go through phases of craving different cereals; one day I'll really fancy, say Shreddies, a few days later and they'll get boring. The only cereal this doesn't apply to is crunchy nut...its just too good
    I understand this! For some reason the ones I always have real phases with are the really distinctive-tasting ones like Cinnamon Grahams, Honey Waffles etc. I'll eat them for every breakfast without fail for about a fortnight or two and then all of a sudden I just go BAM! Man, I fancy a Weetabix.

ReputationRep:
    Porridge.

Buy it. Love it for a few days. Wonder what to do with the rest once I get bored. Generally just leave it....next week - YAY PORRIDGE!

But if i somehow manage to finish the packet...BOY DO I WANT MORE!

ReputationRep:
    I went through a phase where I absolutely LOVED egg and bacon sandwiches. Nowadays I LOVE egg mayonnaise and cress baguettes! Other phase items include : menthol cigarettes (I buy roughly 2 packs a year), snickers icecream, hot dogs, maltesers.

edit: oh and ready-made pancakes hahaha! They're absolutely horrible but I am so terribly lazy!

ReputationRep:
    I'm also going through a beansprout/waterchestnut/artichoke phase right now. I incorporate at least one into my dinner every day - have done so for over a week now!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, Ape, seems you go through phases with some pretty awesome snacks! I agree with After Eights though, but those to me aren't something I go through phases with, per se, more that I usually just overindulge and sicken myself with them.

ReputationRep:
    With me, there are usually 'ingredients' that I get through in phases when I'm cooking. Atm, I can't get enough ginger in my food for some reason. I'm usually a fan anyway but these days my housemates are being repulsed by the amount I put in food. Also -- Amoy chilli sauce is going on everything for some reason...burgers, noodles, pasta whatever. I know, I'm ****in' weird.

In a month I'll be chucking in excess of something else.

ReputationRep:
    Chocolate. I used to be lactose intolerant for until I was 7 and even after that, I didn't really eat much. I have phases where I need chocolate beside me all the time but it doesn't last that long!

ReputationRep:
    Cheese on toast sin theta.

ReputationRep:
    Tuna and Salmon. Right now I'm going through a hate phase. Urgh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with the above person who said porridge. Some mornings I practically hop, skip and jump out of bed with excitement at knowing I'm soon to be enjoying a warm bowl of sweet, sweet porridge. Other mornings, I just think ugh, WET SLUDGE CEMENT MIX.

Oh taste buds, I just don't know where I stand with you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    I'm with the above person who said porridge. Some mornings I practically hop, skip and jump out of bed with excitement at knowing I'm soon to be enjoying a warm bowl of sweet, sweet porridge. Other mornings, I just think ugh, WET SLUDGE CEMENT MIX.

Oh taste buds, I just don't know where I stand with you...
    Absolutely this!

I also get bored with the stuff I throw in there to make it edible. First it was honey, then it was jam and now I'm content with cinnamon & sugar.

In between phases I never get bored of toast...MMMMmmmm I could do with some toast right now. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Jacket Potatoes, more specifically their skins. I go through phases where I'll eat the entire potato, then others where I can't bare to eat the skins.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going through a mad phase of eating maple porridge for supper every night... probably by the end of the week, I'll be sicked by it again for several months, then the phase will return!!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.