Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who writes your predicted grades for a sixth-form college or school watch

ReputationRep:
    Recently i applied for a grammar school and my school wrote my predicted grades...
    However some local state schools have given the pupils the sheet to write the grades they think they will achieve instead of the actual predicted grades, what should i do? complain or just leave it.... Because it will hinder my chances of getting in as msot of the state pupils have written 8a*s, 9A*s and stuff and i dont know what im predicted, probs 5 or 6A*

ReputationRep:
    I'm at a state 6th form college, when we did UCAS applications, the teachers wrote them. I'd guess that for 6th form applications a similar thing would happen. If the only thing the school uses for selection is predicted grades, it would probably harm your chances, but I'd guess that they use more information than that, especially if the students are allowed to fill in the grades Could you try phoning the school and asking for advice?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, id assume, University applications would be more important, but its pretty unfair because i think they do just select on academics as its one of the best grammars in the UK... i had an interview there but tbh it didnt seem like it was important....
    Its pretty unfair, My mum told me to wait and if i dont get an offer, COMPLAIN lol

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.