Turn on thread page Beta

Had sti test while back really painful - any other options? watch

ReputationRep:
    I had and STI test a while back and my foreskin is quite painful to pull back. When they tested me last time they had to get 3 nurses in to attempt to try and take a swab of my urethra and i nearly passed out with pain.

Is there an alternative? I need to get tested but cannot face this pain.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You need to sort out the problem with your foreskin (sounds like phimosis), rather than just ignoring it. Go to your doctor, they will be able to give you advice

ReputationRep:
    I had to go to hospital around 7 years ago as i had sex with my gf and she was quite dry. anyway the doctor at the hospital had to push my forskin back up (i nearly passed out with the pain!). he said i could have an op to fix it but if it didnt give me any problems then not to bother.
    I dont find it an everyday issue as if i have sex i make sure my gf is well lubricated etc.

Im just concerned about going for this STI test. The doctor said from my symptoms i may have chlamydia.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.