Turn on thread page Beta

Terrified for my third test tomorrow... watch

ReputationRep:
    ... I have failed on such STUPID things in my previous two tests.

On my first test I failed because I STUPIDLY thought I could go the wrong way up a dual carriageway, because the guy said turn right and instead of waiting in the middle thing, I decided to try turn right up the carriageway.. despite never doing anything like that before EVER.

Second test I failed because I was on a dual carriageway and the examiner said shortly I want you to turn right so I got into the right hand lane... but it was uphill and I hardly saw the broken lines indicating a slip road to turn right... here is the picture, I was doing 40 and had to break hard to do the turning and failed on that...

I've got my third test tomorrow.. and I'm terrified of making another stupid mistake...my driving is generally fine and my maneuvers are fine, it's just not noticing stupid things... also can someone help me figure out this roundabout.. I HATE it.

ReputationRep:
    So were you driving towards oncoming traffic? What did the examiner say? I hope you don't have any dual carriageways tomorrow and you'll get the pass you deserve

ReputationRep:
    Just concentrate and dont panic. Relax. It is stressing but keep calm look at signs very carefully, drive within speed limit. Check mirrors very very regularly. Basically its just a matter of driving casually, dont worry about the examiner. Just do as he says take your time, when he says something, take your time, think well what he wants you to do and then do it after checking mirrors, roads and signs.
    Dont worry you should be ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgeeyena)
    So were you driving towards oncoming traffic? What did the examiner say? I hope you don't have any dual carriageways tomorrow and you'll get the pass you deserve
    No he took control of the wheel and brakes before I fully turned and turned me towards the direction I was supposed to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgeeyena)
    I hope you don't have any dual carriageways tomorrow and you'll get the pass you deserve
    On the contrary, if anyone has to hope they don't get dual carriageways on account of not having a clue how to negotiate them, they most certainly do not deserve a pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    No he took control of the wheel and brakes before I fully turned and turned me towards the direction I was supposed to be.

How did you do?!!! Fail? or PASS?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad i passed first time. Was a fluke and a half. Probably fail miserably if i had to do it again.

But anyway, as for you, just stay calm to be honest, its the nerves that get people the most. make sure you practice right before the test, that what i done. I had a 1 hour session with my instructor just before it so you can get into the right frame of mind kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryboysh)
    How did you do?!!! Fail? or PASS?
    Failed. 3 serious... 6 minors... was hell.. took me to places I'd never seen before or heard of... going to change test centres, my test centre has the second lowest pass rate in the country..

ReputationRep:
    Failed. 3 serious... 6 minors... was hell.. took me to places I'd never seen before or heard of... going to change test centres, my test centre has the second lowest pass rate in the country..

Damn , gutted for you. I passed on my 2Nd test . on the 1st i got 15 minors and 2 serious, on my second I got 7minors and passed.

What test center are you failing at? and what are you thinking of exchanging to? The examiners know what there doing when they pass or fail someone so changing to a different test center may not make that much a difference.

On the other side though, you can end up getting a ****ed up examiner like my first one who does as he likes.

Is there any advice you'd like me to give to you?

ReputationRep:
    ah no worries. Atleast you haven't failed 90 times and spent £3000 like her:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rly-3-000.html

:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darknessbehold)

You'd think she'd give up after a while wouldn't you? Or actually ****ing learn the answers lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darknessbehold)

inb4'women drivers:rolleyes:'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryboysh)
    Damn , gutted for you. I passed on my 2Nd test . on the 1st i got 15 minors and 2 serious, on my second I got 7minors and passed.

What test center are you failing at? and what are you thinking of exchanging to? The examiners know what there doing when they pass or fail someone so changing to a different test center may not make that much a difference.

On the other side though, you can end up getting a ****ed up examiner like my first one who does as he likes.

Is there any advice you'd like me to give to you?
    This test centre is notorious for being crap, not because of the examiners but it's location. The long road that it's on has an accident on it about 4 times a week. It's a literal nightmare, everyone tries to avoid it when driving.. People don't indicate or use their brakes to warn people, they just pull out or slow down by taking their foot off the gas. People stop in the road to talk to people. People cross wherever they like. People do u turns in the middle of the road. It's hell. It's a job getting out of the place in the first place. Cars lined up on either side so you can't see cars coming either way, and to your right is a hill so you can't see whats coming up the hill so you have to quickly edge out and hope nothings coming up the hill fast, and then pray nothings coming from the left so you can quickly get into lane. I think I might change to one that's more in the countryside.

ReputationRep:
    This test centre is notorious for being crap, not because of the examiners but it's location. The long road that it's on has an accident on it about 4 times a week. It's a literal nightmare, everyone tries to avoid it when driving.. People don't indicate or use their brakes to warn people, they just pull out or slow down by taking their foot off the gas. People stop in the road to talk to people. People cross wherever they like. People do u turns in the middle of the road. It's hell. It's a job getting out of the place in the first place. Cars lined up on either side so you can't see cars coming either way, and to your right is a hill so you can't see whats coming up the hill so you have to quickly edge out and hope nothings coming up the hill fast, and then pray nothings coming from the left so you can quickly get into lane. I think I might change to one that's more in the countryside.

Yeah, it sounds like a nightmare test route tbh, you may be best changing location then. I took my test in Southport, a lot of the test routes there are through the countryside and along the sea and pier.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.