Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what accomodation are you choosing?
    I wanted the tyler court a/b ..but i realised i wouldn't be able to afford that much!

So..I'll be choosing the parkwood flats! how about you guys? (I really wanted my own bathroom )

(extra: also, do any of you know whether i need to also choose accomodation for nottinghma trent, my insurance? )

AHHHHHHHHHH, my mum wants to come stay in my room o_O

ReputationRep:
    boo

ReputationRep:
    bump.

ReputationRep:
    hi there, i'm firming kent for law too ))

i've had the same problem with accommodation but ill probably be going for parkwood flats as i've heard they're the best for value/social/community feel

I'm also got nottingham trent as a possible insurance but i don't think you have to apply for accommodation, but i'd check to be sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderingstar123)
    hi there, i'm firming kent for law too ))

i've had the same problem with accommodation but ill probably be going for parkwood flats as i've heard they're the best for value/social/community feel

I'm also got nottingham trent as a possible insurance but i don't think you have to apply for accommodation, but i'd check to be sure

oo! yayyy!
    What were you predicted when you applied, what subjects do you take? :P
    oo! soo many questions

edit: just saw your page! you applied to surrey too! me too! btu i declined XD..And you only do one same a-level as me, which is eco

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to start, i was predicted ABBC, but i have the medway progression compact that gives me 40 extra points so English and Spanish LLB accepted me
    how are you finding economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderingstar123)
    I can't wait to start, i was predicted ABBC, but i have the medway progression compact that gives me 40 extra points so English and Spanish LLB accepted me
    how are you finding economics?
    I'm finding economics hard! lol

I just got an E in a2 economics

What is the medway progression compact?
    and do you need to know spanish inorder to do teh degree?

ReputationRep:
    applied for physics- chose tyler court b/c - then parkwood - then darwin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by air-ninety-one)
    applied for physics- chose tyler court b/c - then parkwood - then darwin
    wait, you have 3 choices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpnowplease)
    wait, you have 3 choices?
    4 prefrences

ReputationRep:
    what accomodation are you choosing?
    I wanted the tyler court a/b ..but i realised i wouldn't be able to afford that much!

So..I'll be choosing the parkwood flats! how about you guys? (I really wanted my own bathroom )

(extra: also, do any of you know whether i need to also choose accomodation for nottinghma trent, my insurance? )

AHHHHHHHHHH, my mum wants to come stay in my room o_O
    I'm not sure you've not been confused with your application. Tyler B/C are almost identical to the Parkwood Flats. The rooms are identical, I think the only differences lie in the kitchen, which may be down to as little as the style of kitchen table. As a result, Parkwood Flats are just as expensive as Tyler B/C (With Tyler A being slightly less so).

Parkwood Houses (5 or 6 bed) are the ones which have a shared bathroom and which are less expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beffnee)
    I'm not sure you've not been confused with your application. Tyler B/C are almost identical to the Parkwood Flats. The rooms are identical, I think the only differences lie in the kitchen, which may be down to as little as the style of kitchen table. As a result, Parkwood Flats are just as expensive as Tyler B/C (With Tyler A being slightly less so).

Parkwood Houses (5 or 6 bed) are the ones which have a shared bathroom and which are less expensive.
    oh, i meant the houses!:P

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding economics hard! lol

I just got an E in a2 economics

What is the medway progression compact?
    and do you need to know spanish inorder to do teh degree?
    i've haven't found economics too bad but i had to resit AS economics to go from a D to a B

Its basically an agreement between Kent Uni's and colleges and local sixth forms to provide either an offer or an interview for local students providing we fulfil the criteria, so my duke of edinburgh award, young enterprise and uni fair booklet get me 40 extra 'kent' ucas points

and yep, at least a b in A2 spanish to do the course or french or german for those courses but i think the italian law one doesn't require a language a level

ReputationRep:
    Everyone I know in parkwood flats say they are good but nowhere near worth the extra money compared with parkwood houses. Having your own shower really doesn't make much difference: you have a smaller room and you only share with 4 people anyway. Only advantage is a bigger kitchen, but whenever we have a group gathering we usually just go to either the 6 bedroom houses with bigger kitchen to to my friends in the flats anyway.

Spending £1000 less a term for a smaller kitchen and a shared shower sounds good to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    Everyone I know in parkwood flats say they are good but nowhere near worth the extra money compared with parkwood houses. Having your own shower really doesn't make much difference: you have a smaller room and you only share with 4 people anyway. Only advantage is a bigger kitchen, but whenever we have a group gathering we usually just go to either the 6 bedroom houses with bigger kitchen to to my friends in the flats anyway.

Spending £1000 less a term for a smaller kitchen and a shared shower sounds good to me!
    Lol, well i chose tyler court B? well teh 4000 one, then teh other one, thenparkwood houses!:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)

This. I live downstairs and my housemate nextdoor is pretty much never hear so the shower + toilet are basically mine anyway lol.

ReputationRep:
    Firming (when I get the insurance offer I want) for French and History

Applied for:
    Parkwood Flats (I really want an en-suite too)
    Tyler Court B+C
    Parkwood Houses 6 Bed
    Parkwood Houses 5 bed.

I'll be gutted if I don't get an en-suite (I like spending lots of time in the shower lol)... I wasn't impressed when I had to apply to two non-ensuite but parkwood houses look alright and I'll probably get over it in a while

ReputationRep:
    Parkwood 5 bedroom then Parkwood 6 bedroom. Parkwood seemed the way to go due to social aspectas and the price. I wasn't sure whether to go for the six bedroom over the 5. 5 Seemed to be better, you get £300 extra a year and i think with the six bedroom houses will be full of house parties due to the bigger kitchen, saves our kitchen getting wrecked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charleswbcm)
    Parkwood 5 bedroom then Parkwood 6 bedroom. Parkwood seemed the way to go due to social aspectas and the price. I wasn't sure whether to go for the six bedroom over the 5. 5 Seemed to be better, you get £300 extra a year and i think with the six bedroom houses will be full of house parties due to the bigger kitchen, saves our kitchen getting wrecked.
    I chose tyler court A,b,C as first and second choices! lol parkwood houses 6 bedroom was my third choice? I just want en suite

ReputationRep:
    I will be firming this week I think. I have known I would for some time, but as with all actions resulting from big decisions I'm a little hesitant lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Kent
    Canterbury campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.