Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpnowplease)
    noo, i did it.. but are they meant to email me saying theyve got my application?
    Yes, they should've emailed you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AkaJetson)
    Yes, they should've emailed you.
    oh no! AM I MEANT TO DO IT FOR 2011/2012?! THATS WHAT I DID MY APPLICATION FOR! IT SAYS IT WAS PROCESSED!

ReputationRep:
    oh no! AM I MEANT TO DO IT FOR 2011/2012?! THATS WHAT I DID MY APPLICATION FOR! IT SAYS IT WAS PROCESSED!
    Then contact them or something lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm lost? 2011/2012 IS what you're supposed to do it for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanaynay)
    ooo yay another person to bombard with questions k, only a couple.. just curious to know how you are finding it so far? because my other main option is surrey, and even though its supposed to be the better uni, im much more drawn to kent.
    It's fine, but then again I'm probably not the best person to ask - unless I have a major problem with something I'm alright

The maths has been quite tough for me as I've never been good at maths and only did GCSE. This was the reason I didn't go to Surrey, they couldn't offer me a place on CompSci, only Computing Tech (or some similar name) which I didn't want to do. If I had A-Level maths I probably would have gone Surrey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoley)
    I spend about 20 minutes in the showerand always steam up the bathroom, I'm in shared. Just because you share it doesn't mean everyone is fighting for the bathroom lol. I've never needed to use it when someone else is using it, I could spend upto an hour in the shower if I really wanted to. Also don't quote me on this but I think the flats en suite are tiny, like the size of a trains toilet, I would end up feeling claustrophobic if i spent too much time in one of those, whereas the houses give you more a homely bathroom feel and much bigger spacce. Just something to think about if that is the reason for paying £1000 extra
    Ah well, I've already applied and I don't really mind paying the extra £1000
    But the advice you have given me has made be feel a bit more at ease if I were to get a non-ensuite!
    Main reason why I applied for ensuite is that I think having an ensuite will ease the transition from home to University a bit (I've never been independent in my life, so it's going to be a massive shock moving 200 miles away!)... I just imagine suddenly sharing a toilet for the first time with people you don't know is a bit weird and makes the transition a little harder Sounds a bit of a crazy, but that's how I feel :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xno-)
    It's fine, but then again I'm probably not the best person to ask - unless I have a major problem with something I'm alright

The maths has been quite tough for me as I've never been good at maths and only did GCSE. This was the reason I didn't go to Surrey, they couldn't offer me a place on CompSci, only Computing Tech (or some similar name) which I didn't want to do. If I had A-Level maths I probably would have gone Surrey.
    Cool Mind me asking why you would've chosen Surrey?

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Kent for Social Policy!

ReputationRep:
    Main reason why I applied for ensuite is that I think having an ensuite will ease the transition from home to University a bit (I've never been independent in my life, so it's going to be a massive shock moving 200 miles away!)... I just imagine suddenly sharing a toilet for the first time with people you don't know is a bit weird and makes the transition a little harder Sounds a bit of a crazy, but that's how I feel :P

Not weird at all...I'm doing exactly the same

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Kent for History Appplied for a scholarship too.. did anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesioo)
    Not weird at all...I'm doing exactly the same
    Good to know I'm not the only picky one about accommodation!
    To be honest, I want to live in the best place possible for the first year there... I don't mind living in cheaper areas once I'm settled.

Which accommodation did you pick?

ReputationRep:
    Good to know I'm not the only picky one about accommodation!
    To be honest, I want to live in the best place possible for the first year there... I don't mind living in cheaper areas once I'm settled.

Which accommodation did you pick?
    Same! I'm going to cling on to my home comforts for as longs as possible thank you very much! I don't mind if it's small it'l be mine :laugh:

I picked Tyler C, Parkwood Flats and then Parkwood houses for my last few .

I worked it out to be £110ish a week which isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

ReputationRep:
    I think im going to make some changes to my accomodation, in no way will my mum be bale to afford teh £5000 one! :/ how do i make changes?

ReputationRep:
    Same! I'm going to cling on to my home comforts for as longs as possible thank you very much! I don't mind if it's small it'l be mine :laugh:

I picked Tyler C, Parkwood Flats and then Parkwood houses for my last few .

I worked it out to be £110ish a week which isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
    Haha yes, I can't wait to customise my room

I picked the same, just Tyler B&C and Parkwood Flats are the other way round. I'm not fussed which of the two I get, both look very nice and spacious (for University rooms!), but Parkwood looks more social!

Yeah, still quite a lot of money though! I'm gonna have to be living off food from Nettos probably! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Haha yes, I can't wait to customise my room

I picked the same, just Tyler B&C and Parkwood Flats are the other way round. I'm not fussed which of the two I get, both look very nice and spacious (for University rooms!), but Parkwood looks more social!

Yeah, still quite a lot of money though! I'm gonna have to be living off food from Nettos probably!
    I meant Tyler Court C :laugh: My mistake! :ahee:

I'm not to fussed either. I was ruled by my wallet. Only a couple hundreds difference but that'll buy my tickets home :emo:

What is Nettos? :eek: Is it cheap and yummy?

It'll be baked beans for 3 years for me...especially seeming as I want to go on the year abroad :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I meant Tyler Court C :laugh: My mistake! :ahee:

I'm not to fussed either. I was ruled by my wallet. Only a couple hundreds difference but that'll buy my tickets home :emo:

What is Nettos? :eek: Is it cheap and yummy?

It'll be baked beans for 3 years for me...especially seeming as I want to go on the year abroad :sexface:
    Aww, I'm forcing my parents to come and pick me up :P My train ticket would cost about £120 :eek:

Oooh, yes you'll be able to get your beans for like 15p there :P Except for home bargins (you may not have heard of that 'cause it's only up north) Netto's the cheapest food shop around :cool:

Oooh, I'm going on the year abroad too. Can't wait to go study/work in France... and obviously perv on the sexy French men :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    theres only one accomadation in medway right ? xD

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I'm forcing my parents to come and pick me up :P My train ticket would cost about £120

Oooh, yes you'll be able to get your beans for like 15p there :P Except for home bargins (you may not have heard of that 'cause it's only up north) Netto's the cheapest food shop around

Oooh, I'm going on the year abroad too. Can't wait to go study/work in France... and obviously perv on the sexy French men
    :laugh: wish mine would do that but I doubt they'd drive all the way up from Devon bless their souls! Although my train cost £60 when I went for the visit day so you must live quite a way a way!

I'm quite liking the sound of this Netto's. It sounds like an english version of Lidl :cool:

I want to go to America but I may join you on your escapade to France A lot cheaper and closer if something dreadful happens or something wonderful...like marrying a French musician called Claude...:ahee:

I'm re thinking my accomodation choices. I've just worked out how much I'll be getting...I'll have less then a £1000 if I stick with Tyler A. Depressed. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I have firmed for War Studies, but i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing in regards to accommodation :/ I haven't even applied for finance yet...

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: wish mine would do that but I doubt they'd drive all the way up from Devon bless their souls! Although my train cost £60 when I went for the visit day so you must live quite a way a way!

I'm quite liking the sound of this Netto's. It sounds like an english version of Lidl :cool:

I want to go to America but I may join you on your escapade to France A lot cheaper and closer if something dreadful happens or something wonderful...like marrying a French musician called Claude...:ahee:

I'm re thinking my accomodation choices. I've just worked out how much I'll be getting...I'll have less then a £1000 if I stick with Tyler A. Depressed. :emo:
    Yepp, all the way up in Yorkshire My parents are fine with dropping me off and picking me up a few times though

Yeahh it's so good, I don't shop there now but when i'm broke I probably will!

I'm not too keen on visiting America, they don't seem to be as cultural there (bit like Britain) like the other European countries :P That's my opinion though!
    Yeah or maybe a painter called Pierre

Yeah, I know the accomodation is so expensive there! Think we probably picked one of the most expensive Universities to live at!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.