Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpnowplease)
    I think im going to make some changes to my accomodation, in no way will my mum be bale to afford teh £5000 one! :/ how do i make changes?
    Contact the hospitality department (google Kent Hospitality if you don't already have their number in the e-mail they sent you). It shouldn't affect your place in the "list" of first-come-first-serve.

If you want a great balance of social life and cheap cost, go for the Park Wood houses. £1000 cheaper than the flats and if you go for the superior (6 bed) houses then you have toilets and bathrooms upstairs and downstairs so you're only sharing between 3 people. You share a bathroom at home right? It's not that bad! Basically think of how much you could use that £1000 for!

And at the end of the day, wherever you end up living, it will be the time of your life if you make it that way, whether you have some 2ft x 2ft shower in your room or not!

Hope this helped

Edit: Unconditional for Law, confirmed Hope to meet you all soon <3

ReputationRep:
    To those of you saying Tyler Court B+C is too much money - how much maintenance grant are you going to be getting to pay for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk225)
    To those of you saying Tyler Court B+C is too much money - how much maintenance grant are you going to be getting to pay for accommodation?
    Well, my maitenance loan wouldn't even cover the cheapest accommodation at Kent so I'm just earning money now, putting it together with savings and will hopefully get Parkwood :] In all honesty, everything's expensive, so might as well go for comfort.

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Kent, so excited now, just a few exams to negotiate and I should see everyone here soon!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Kent for law and finished my accomodation application a few weeks, excited at the possibility of going to Kent

ReputationRep:
    Firmed kent for international business today

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Kent for Film Studies w/ Year Abroad a few weeks ago and completed my accommodation application a few days later, with Darwin College as my first choice. Anybody else gone for Darwin?

Other Kent firmers, for Film Studies or otherwise, feel free to add me. PM me your accommodation choice(s); thoughts on Kent/Canterbury campus and town; feelings about 'Kent Freshers 2011/12', or reply to this thread!

Cheers,

J

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Kent for Computer Science today

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Kent for 18th Century Studies MA, if anyone else is doing a Masters, PM me?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FF-)
    theres only one accomadation in medway right ? xD
    Yep. And it's bloody expensive.

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Kent to do maths and finance...chose; parkwood house 6, darwin house, parkwood 5, darwin college.

Not too fussed about accomodation tbh. Spent the last year and a half at uni in Leeds, until I dropped out, so going to be used to the student life!

anyone else doing maths?

x

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Kent for English and American Literature and a year abroad, unconditional with ABC. so so excited about starting university!!! anyone else firmed english lit??

ReputationRep:
    Good luck at Kent everyone

I was in Darwin College my first year and I loved it.

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Kent English and American Literature, should be living in Darwin College. I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Whoo! Darwin College!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Kent for English and American Literature and a year abroad, unconditional with ABC. so so excited about starting university!!! anyone else firmed english lit??
    :ahee:

I shall hopefully be seeing you in September!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Firmed an unconditional offer for History The modules look amazing I don't know how i'll pick just a few! Anyone else doing History? Feel free to PM me, would be nice to get to know some people beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad for choosing tyler court now!;o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahwarahbarah)
    Firmed an unconditional offer for History The modules look amazing I don't know how i'll pick just a few! Anyone else doing History? Feel free to PM me, would be nice to get to know some people beforehand.
    I'm doing French and History so I'll be with all the History people still!
    I agree, the modules look absolutley fantastic - the second year ones seem more to my interest (meaning they'll be far harder to pick from) but the first year ones are really good too.
    Unfortunatley, due to joint honours I have to choose less modules than a normal History student would which is so annoying! I do love the French topics too though
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mellie220)
    I'm doing French and History so I'll be with all the History people still!
    I agree, the modules look absolutley fantastic - the second year ones seem more to my interest (meaning they'll be far harder to pick from) but the first year ones are really good too.
    Unfortunatley, due to joint honours I have to choose less modules than a normal History student would which is so annoying! I do love the French topics too though
    I thought of doing joint honours with English Literature but in the end I decided I couldn't split my attentions, i'm definitely a massive History nerd. What sort of modules do you get to choose from for French? I'd be rubbish at anything like that, GCSE speaking language exams used to give me panic attacks, I always think language students must be very brave!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.