Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will blending strawberries and milk constitute a strawberry milkshake? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if shaking is involved

ReputationRep:
    Strawberries, Raw Egg and Milk.

Blend them together = strawberry smoothie full of protein It tastes absolutely lovely which came as a shock to me as the thought of a raw egg in it didn't appeal to me at first. Tried it, lush!

The egg thickens it up

ReputationRep:
    Made it, strawberries, milk and sugar. Quite thin as expected. But not bad!

ReputationRep:
    Strawberries and milk blended together. I can't imagine that tasting all too good.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. It'll make a nasty mix of milk and fruit.

ReputationRep:
    After reading this tread like 20 minutes ago I went straight into the kitchen, spent like 10 minutes finding all the ingredients but had to make banana milkshake as there weren't any strawberries left!

Didn't measure anything but:

1 banana
    2 tea spoons of sugar
    1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
    semi skimmed milk

yumyumyum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    Strawberries + Milk + thickener (natural yogurt, ice cream or bananas depending on how healthy you want to be) + caster sugar
    banana's are a great thickener :] And they make it taste sweeter too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    Strawberries, Raw Egg and Milk.

Blend them together = strawberry smoothie full of protein It tastes absolutely lovely which came as a shock to me as the thought of a raw egg in it didn't appeal to me at first. Tried it, lush!

The egg thickens it up
    did you use the whole egg or just the egg white?
    The egg white is what thickens it and its the part that contains the most protein

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo!xx)
    did you use the whole egg or just the egg white?
    The egg white is what thickens it and its the part that contains the most protein
    a raw egg, the whole egg just open it up straight into a blender then add milk and strawberries. Even though the yolk has a high level of cholesterol in it, it still has an abundance of minerals and vitamins in it too so its definitely worth having if its just in a shake.

At current im also putting whey protein in it as im working out but it tastes just as good without that added

http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/raw_straw..._protein_shake

ReputationRep:
    Closest thing you'll get to some is

Blender + Loads of vanilla ice cream + Milk full fat + strawberry milkshake ( Nesquik )

Blend.....

Then taste

ReputationRep:
    Shaken, not stirred.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awais590)
    After reading this tread like 20 minutes ago I went straight into the kitchen, spent like 10 minutes finding all the ingredients but had to make banana milkshake as there weren't any strawberries left!

Didn't measure anything but:

1 banana
    2 tea spoons of sugar
    1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
    semi skimmed milk

yumyumyum!
    Nah meynn you need more ice cream than that, you want that **** to be thick ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    a raw egg, the whole egg just open it up straight into a blender then add milk and strawberries. Even though the yolk has a high level of cholesterol in it, it still has an abundance of minerals and vitamins in it too so its definitely worth having if its just in a shake.

At current im also putting whey protein in it as im working out but it tastes just as good without that added

http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/raw_straw..._protein_shake
    Ah okay, just wondering as a whole egg has about 120kcals, but just the white has 16kcals :] But as a guy I guess you don't worry too much about that XD

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.