Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya members...

I have interview for nursing next week.. and im so nervous.
    Can anyone please tell me how is it going to be?

Is there going to be any maths and english test??
    And in group disscussion wat is expected of me?
    Is there goingto be one-to-oneinterview as well???....

PLEASEE HELP!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_mizz_hetz)
    Hiya members...

I have interview for nursing next week.. and im so nervous.
    Can anyone please tell me how is it going to be?

Is there going to be any maths and english test??
    And in group disscussion wat is expected of me?
    Is there goingto be one-to-oneinterview as well???....

PLEASEE HELP!!!!

Don't know if I can be much help, as my interview was for Midwifery, but I only had a one on one interview, no maths or english tests. They asked why I wanted to study in Birmingham, what in my opinion were the qualities a midwife needed, how could I bring those qualities to the job, describe myself in a sentance, how would I handle certain situations, including having a patient with a language barrier, what in my opinion was a midwife's job, describing an average day.

They were looking for me to be articulate, but relaxed and able to talk easily. As a nurse, you'll be talking with patients and need to establish familiarity quickly, so try and be at ease. Be professional sounding, but also warm and friendly. Also, I put together a portfolio of work experience, certificates and references etc together to show them, which seemed to impress them, though don't be surprised if they don't have the time to give it more than a quick flick through.

Be confident, but not arrogant, and don't rush anything. If you need them to repeat something, ask them to! Politeness is always great (for example, I shook hands with them when I entered and left the interview room, and thanked them for their time).

Try googling, and see if there is a website with more specific tips. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    thanks i have tried googling but no specific about interview i could find.. only says group disscussion and written task.. i have also been told to bring a photograph with me... any idea why??

and thank u so much for ur replay above..however was it @ coventry though or b'gham?

ReputationRep:
    thanks i have tried googling but no specific about interview i could find.. only says group disscussion and written task.. i have also been told to bring a photograph with me... any idea why??

and thank u so much for ur replay above..however was it @ coventry though or b'gham?
    arrgghhh im trying to find out the same thing.. is your interview on tues at cov? I think they want a pix for photo id if we get accepted on to the course or for them to identify us in the selection process....

From what I can gather the written assessment is going to be about why we want to become a nurse???!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JazzyFizzle)
    arrgghhh im trying to find out the same thing.. is your interview on tues at cov? I think they want a pix for photo id if we get accepted on to the course or for them to identify us in the selection process....

From what I can gather the written assessment is going to be about why we want to become a nurse???!
    Hiya,
    I had interview like a week before...it covered 3 things..

1) course overview
    2) written assestment: answer few questions and fill out the CRB thing.
    questions were simple... why you want to become a nurse to how will you cope with university life!!
    3) Group discussion: in 4-5 people in a group.. we were thrown questions at us and basically just answer it to them.. make sure you dont speak more or even less. Be friendly, approachble, willing to be a part of university and ofcourse the course!!

I am still waiting to hear for a replay Cannot wait any longer...!!!
    But anyways.. i hope this helps.. x

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    I had interview like a week before...it covered 3 things..

1) course overview
    2) written assestment: answer few questions and fill out the CRB thing.
    questions were simple... why you want to become a nurse to how will you cope with university life!!
    3) Group discussion: in 4-5 people in a group.. we were thrown questions at us and basically just answer it to them.. make sure you dont speak more or even less. Be friendly, approachble, willing to be a part of university and ofcourse the course!!

I am still waiting to hear for a replay Cannot wait any longer...!!!
    But anyways.. i hope this helps.. x
    Hiya!!

Thank you!! I just read this now.. Interview was nerve racking but im pleased to say I got a place on adult nursing... im due to start in March 2013!

Jazzy x

ReputationRep:
    March? I thought the intakes were September and January?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I thought untill I had my offer come through.. Its a pain in the arse as I still haven't received any kind of paper work or documents!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same here for the jan intake it's really weird!

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know now I have been told that we should be receiving paperwork in October.

ReputationRep:
    Yaay thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.