Turn on thread page Beta

Is it normal to feel it in your arms when you're doing bench press.......? watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry could you explain this a bit more? I'm kinda stupid at times. I thought flaring added but was dangerous as it recruits more chest at the expense of putting the shoulder in a bad way? If I bench like this and go to above nipples won't it injure me sooner or later.

The later way tucked - I feel less powerful, could you explain the arc a bit more (I think I get that - at the top bar is above shoulders but at bottom is few inches lower hence arc).

I have long-ish arms - hence why I flare.

(Original post by Powerlifter)
    If you are doing it for bodybuilding purposes flare your arms out under the bar and bring the bar down in a striaght line touching slightly above your nipples.

If for strength then tuck your elbows in as much as you can and bring the bar down in an arc touching just below your nipples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    Sorry could you explain this a bit more? I'm kinda stupid at times. I thought flaring added but was dangerous as it recruits more chest at the expense of putting the shoulder in a bad way? If I bench like this and go to above nipples won't it injure me sooner or later.

The later way tucked - I feel less powerful, could you explain the arc a bit more (I think I get that - at the top bar is above shoulders but at bottom is few inches lower hence arc).

I have long-ish arms - hence why I flare.
    It is only a danger to your shoulders if you do not take care of rotor cuffs etc watch the big fella do it bb style, no lockout pumping on the chest

check out some of the metal melitia videos for an explanation of benching

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.