Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or do these 2 sites offer the same thing for different prices?

https://www.economistsubscriptions.c...obal/index.php

https://www.economistsubscriptions.c...obal/index.php

Sheesh, I've heard about price targeting but this is just ridiculous. N.B despite on of the URLs containing UK in it, both of them are Uk when you go onto the site.

p.s. In theory, couldn't you just subscribe for 12 months and then cancel, then resubscribe? Just wondering lol

ReputationRep:
    The introductory offers yeah :lol: £1 for 12, did that last year, it's only when you first sign up but the 12 month ones are the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    The introductory offers yeah :lol: £1 for 12, did that last year, it's only when you first sign up but the 12 month ones are the same
    LOL, I thought it was just a glitch on my computer but seeing as you can see it as well... I know that they learnt economics and stuff but seriously, I swear this was illegal? I swear I read in the undercover economist that Amazon use to try and pull this kind of [email protected] It is quite funny though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miscellaneous123)
    LOL, I thought it was just a glitch on my computer but seeing as you can see it as well... I know that they learnt economics and stuff but seriously, I swear this was illegal? I swear I read in the undercover economist that Amazon use to try and pull this kind of [email protected] It is quite funny though
    I read that too
    If you've not subscribed go for the pound one, but cancel it a week before or they'll take another £30, happened to me :rolleyes: I just cancelled it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    I read that too
    If you've not subscribed go for the pound one, but cancel it a week before or they'll take another £30, happened to me :rolleyes: I just cancelled it
    ahahahhh, when they say new customers how can they differentiate, do they just mean like new bank cards? I want to subscribe for a year anyway lol :P Just wondering if there is another URL to the site that's even cheaper now... This shouldn't be allowed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miscellaneous123)
    ahahahhh, when they say new customers how can they differentiate, do they just mean like new bank cards? I want to subscribe for a year anyway lol :P Just wondering if there is another URL to the site that's even cheaper now... This shouldn't be allowed!
    If you have a student card. then you can get it even cheaper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shmuxel)
    If you have a student card. then you can get it even cheaper
    where's this from?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.